FORUMS

ZTE Grand X IN

284 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By Zarrick19, Senior Member on 19th December 2012, 09:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just noticed that in the worlds biggest smartphone community there is no topic about this great smartphone.
Lets start with some basic specs:

ZTE Grand X IN

(aka Orange Santa Barbara)

CPU: Intel Atom Z2460 1,6 GHz Single-core Saltwell
GPU: PowerVR SGX540
Display: 4,3", 540x960p, 16mil. color, 53 x 95mm
Dimensions&Weight: 127x65x10 mm, 142g
Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM, microSD
Camera: Rear 8Mpix, LED flash, AF, FullHD video recording, front VGA
Connections: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, Bluetooth, microUSB, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), HDMI, 3,5mm. jack
Other: GPS, Accelerometer, Notification LED
Battery: 1650mAh Li-Ion
Price: 250€

-----------------------------------------
Latest stock ROMs

---------------------------------
Working ROOT
---------------------------------

ClockworkMod Recovery

---------------------------------------------
Some custom ROMs (based on stock Hungarian B04, probably can be used only with Hungarian T-Mobile operator, dont know, haven't tested)

ZTE Grand X IN :: Hope

ZTE Grand X IN :: NeXt
----------------------------------------------

First attempt in AnTuTu benchmark:

For its price it has great equipment and power. It would be great if this awesome device will got its own forum.

Cheers!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zarrick19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zarrick19 Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 01:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great phone, i have the V970 witch is the same on the outside, but totally different phone.
20th December 2012, 02:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Košice

More
Yeah, the V970 (aka Grand X) has Tegra 2 chipset and less RAM (512MB.), the rest looks to be identical with the Grand X IN. Some people complain about the creaking back cover, but I havent noticed any problems with the construction. The edges are comfortably rounded, only the MicroUSB hole looks "low-cost" ZTE also promised Jelly Bean update which will fix the short touch buttons backlight. Intel was testing the JB update a few months ago, so it should be released in Q1 2013.

The application compatibility is ... almost the same as with an ARM chipset. Every app I've tryed is working fine, smooth and without lags, except Trial Xtreme 2 game which lagging like hell, video and audio too. Just a few minutes before I noticed some problems with Wifi internet, the connection looks stable, its not disconnecting, but the internet is working only for a few second in periods for example it works 3 sec. in 30sec. period. Strange. My wifi router signal is stable and strong, other devices are working fine. Yesterday and today I was on the same wifi too and without a single problem. Strange. Also once when I was copying a huge file from PC to phone via USB with MTP, the phone simply rebooted. I hope these bugs will be fixed in forthcoming FW update.
21st December 2012, 08:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Yeah, the V970 (aka Grand X) has Tegra 2 chipset and less RAM (512MB.)

The V970 uses MTK6577 and 1gb ram. There is also Grand X Mimoza with the characteristics you wrote.
Overall, we have 3 phones that look exactly the same from the outside ( besides the sticker and the front camera on the IN), but totally different inside...
Anyway, this is Grand X IN topic, so i'll be shutting up now
21st December 2012, 08:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagosofron

The V970 uses MTK6577 and 1gb ram. There is also Grand X Mimoza with the characteristics you wrote.
Overall, we have 3 phones that look exactly the same from the outside ( besides the sticker and the front camera on the IN), but totally different inside...
Anyway, this is Grand X IN topic, so i'll be shutting up now

Front camera looks the same on Grand X In as on Grand X Mimoza...
23rd December 2012, 07:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
WARNING(about custom ROMs):

As of now (23th December), at least in Polish version of Grand X In(4gb internal memory, no fmradio), there is no possibility to revert rom back to original one. If any of XDA users has any idea how to fix this problemm, please share. Also if you have noticed similair behaviour on other devices and there was a solution for it, please post it!

As far the following steps have been made:
  • installing Romanian/Norwegian/Hungarian versions of rom
  • restoring original recovery
  • changing build.prop to original one
  • editing build.prop and changing persist.service.adb.enable=1 to persist.service.adb.enable=0

It seems like device is not being correctly recognised while trying to switch back to original ROM(T-mobile PL version).
24th December 2012, 01:41 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Košice

More
What I saw on some Hungarian forums, there is no problem with returning the original ROM. They also tryed combinating the Xolo X900s kernel and ROM with the GXINs kernel and ROM. X900s ROM was running good on stock kernel even if the resolution was different, also the BT/Wifi wasnt working.
27th December 2012, 02:00 PM |#8  

More
unlock
Hi guys,

I've been looking for an unlock method for this phone lately and had no success. Didn't find any free or pay services which work proven. Does one of the custom roms unlock also or any ideas?

Thanks!
28th December 2012, 11:15 AM |#9  

More
Please visit the Android Forum Polish we have everything for this phone
28th December 2012, 11:48 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leniowe

What would be the link for the polish forum?

Is there also sim lock information?

Thank you
28th December 2012, 11:48 AM |#11  

More
link
Quote:
Originally Posted by leniowe

could you please post a link directing to the unlock method? doesn't matter if it is polish.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)