I tried to find a solution without troubling anyone, so I searched a lot and a lot of threads all over the internent with no hope . I have tried as many possiblesolutions as I could find even those which are not meant for xperia play. I will explain everythingvery clearly for those who want to help or even try to ...
The Problem :
My Xperia Play suddenly doesn't get pass the Sony Ericsson text at the boot screen which appearsas soon as you turn on the device. It keeps hanging on that white text on that black background for hours until I pull out the battery . I then found out that if I connect my charger before turning on the device it will boot normally as usual . I also found out that as soon as I disconnect the charger cable , the phone will immediately turn off. Another important issue is that even when I mamange to boot the phone normally by the charger , the screen does not respond to my touch even in CWM touch recovery in Doomkernel . Despite that , I can operate the phone completely using the key pad . That means the phone is full functional except for the " boot " and " touch " problems.
What I have done so far :
- I flashed different stock firmware FTF several time via Flash Mode including .42 , .58 enhanced , and .62 using flashtool with flashing ending in success each and everytime .
- I flashed different kernels via Fastboot Mode including DoomlordKernel v14 (GB ) , DoomlordKernel v3 ( ICS ) , and Lupusv11 ( ICS)
- I have accessed CWM recovery serveral times and formated each and everything that could be formatted including data , system , cache ..etc
- I have also tried flashing different ROMs such as NXT 1.3 and Markpython XPlay ICS
- I have put phone in a rice bag in case it had moister or water damage !
- I have disassemble the phone completelypart by part and found nothing damaged so I cleaned it and ressambeled it again
- I have left the phone for days without turning it on . I also tried keeping the battery out for several hours.
- I have used a replacement new battery just in case it was my battery has a problem.
- I relocked my bootloader and repaired my phone via Sony Update Service and the repairing process endedin success.
The results so far :
Nothing changed at all . After doing all of the above and repeating it. I even did more things I can't remember now.Everything is still the same. The phone is stuck at SE text at boot screen and if connected to charger then turned on it will boot normally but the touch screen doesn't respond for some reason I can't figure out , although the digitizer is intact.
What I am doing now :
- I have no more trick to try and I am totally depressed about this ZOMBIE Xperia Play which is half working and half borken.
Thank you very much for your time and for trying to help
I am waiting for your suggestions ...