*Kobridge's GB27 Odexed/Deodexed ROM OP
*Kobridge's GB08 Deodexed ROM OP
*Kobridge's GA10 Odexed/Deodexed ROM OP
Kobridge's Stock FL16 Odexed/Deodexed ROM
What is this? (Thanks to everyone who help me to get rid of the really annoying ads. Now I don't see those annoying Ads after login)
This ROM is completely FL16 JB stock ROM with rooted, busybox added. There are three versions of this ROM based on odexed (pure stock) or deodexed.
1. CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Odexed) - can be used with Data Wipe or No Data Wipe - Mirror
MD5 Check Sum - bcafc6e7fdb1a8a495850c5d131c15d7
3.CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Fully Deodexed) - Deodexed /system/app + /framework - can be used with Data Wipe or No Data Wipe - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16DS.2.zip 2/2/13 Updated!
MD5 Checksum: 7f8e5abf2109ddfd1430a5dfc7532006
How to Flash?
Before flashing this ROM, be sure that you have a nandroid backup available or make a new nandroid backup. Flash this ROM at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damages on your phone!
The steps are same as other ROMs. You'll need a CWM recovery kernel to flash this ROM and after flashing this ROM, you will lose the CWM recovery kernel because this ROM replace the CWM recovery kernel with stock FL16 kernel.
You will also need to flash the FL16 modem zip file (separate link provided) while flashing this ROM. Or you can flash it separately.
No Data Wipe - if you want to keep your current manually installed non-stock apps, do not wipe the data partition. You would be able to use your old configuration in most cases. I used this option to upgrade my previous rom to FL16. No issues found.
Data Wipe/Factory reset - it's also ok doing factory reset or wiping data partition using CWM recovery tool before flashing this ROM if you want to do a clean install. There's no reboot nor force closing issue found.
Kernel & Modem
FL16 modem - zip - Mirror1
MD5 checksum: 16d0bf291fbb72f88d8ef010881fcb79
FL16 stock Kernel - zip Mirror1
MD5 checksum: 5346cefd4d1605a7665fed72c5cb2f5e
Do you want to remove the bloatware apps after flashing the stock rom?
Check out post# 2 below
Kobridge's Tweak Modes and Addons
To download, check out Post# 3 below
Kobridge's Silent Camera Mod vFL16.2 & vFL16.3a & vFL16.3b
Removed sounds - autofocus_error, autofocus_ok, camera_click, camera_click_bestshot, camera_click_short, shutter_500 (from Camera APK)
Auto_focus, Auto_focus_error, Cam_Start, Cam_Stop, camera_click, Camera_click_short, camera_empty, camera_focus, Charger_Connection, PowerOff, PowerOn, & all Shutter (from system ui audio)
Recently added - vFL16.3a & vFL16.3b - several new features added
Kobridge's System App Backup & Recovery Tool - Advanced users only
Note: Incorrect use of this tool would cause a bootloop. When this tool recovers system apps, it first deletes all system apps. So, after the recovery, all system setting values are set to default.
System App Backup from CWM recovery: This tool makes backup of your system apps from /system/app and /preload/symlink/system/app folders.
You can use this tool whenever you makes the nandroid backup, flashed new kernel or you have the system app changes. If something goes wrong with system app, you can use this backup to recover the system apps. This would be a very convenient tool for most of users because to recover the system app, we may spend lots of time - recover the system using ROM, nandroid backup and make the changes again, etc.
System App recovery tool: After you make the backup of your system apps using my system app backup tool, you can simply use this recovery tool from CWM recovery. It will restore the all system apps based on the backup data. This tool recovers the system apps from /sdcard/backup/system and /sdcard/backup/preload folders.
Benefits using Kobridge's System App Backup/Recovery tool -
- you don't need to flash the bloatware remover or manually remove the system apps after flashing the rom. You can simply use this tool to go back to previous status.
- If system does not boot with system app issue, just simply odin the recovery kernel and flash the backed up system apps using recovery tool. Flash the original kernel and reboot. Your phone will boot without doing everything again!
- After the recovery, all system settings moves back to factory default - clean up effect
- After the recovery, all system data stored in /data/data folder cleaned up and any garbages removed!
- without wiping data partition, you can get the same effects for the system apps.
- a lot more...
You lose the previous saved system settings. Every system app's settings goes back to factory default.
Kobridge's CSC Tweak - experience the extended menu and options
Note: If you changed the values by yourself or removed any CSC stock files, then CSC tweak may not work.
- Menu - enabled search menu(search menu button), common pinchzoom enabled
- Camera - silent mode option
- Message - Message size, max slide count increased, max picture resolution increased, enabled reply all, group message, scheduled email sending (specify date, time), save voice message
- Enabled all delivery, read confirmation menu from SMS, MMS, send email over sms, subject length from 40 to 120
- contact - account icons in contact list, show all logs, call details, contact import/export option, menu to add reject list
- web browser - default homepage changed to google, removed lots of favorites from default broswer
- a lot more
How to flash Kobridge's Tweak into Stock ROM
4 different Kobridge Tweak modes are available at post #3 below. Do not use this tweak other than Jelly Bean and stock rom.
Starting from this ROM, there's no tweak added on the Kobridge's Stock ROM. You need to separately download and flash it.
What's new on FL16 ROM -
Please report and check post #4 for up-to-dated information.
ROM version history:
FL16DS.2 : Current version [1/31/03] Fixed Telenav issue.
FL16DS.1 : Couple of minor changes from FL16DS.0 (changed to format /preload partition during flashing. few symlinks from /system/app folder removed. Link1
FL16DS.0 : Initial version. - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16DS.0.zip download link1 link2
FL16OS.0 : Initial version. - No changes made from initial version - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16OS.0.zip
SexTape for his leaked ROMs
sfhub for recovery kernel (EL26)
tdunham, Shadow_God for being a great developer and friend
rwilco12 for his great rom/kernel/modem repository and his XDA dedication
Special Thanks to:
leaderbuilder, Vadyr56, MN-Joe, Yaantra,JonSCSL,Doctor_XXX,draven760,RevAtB,cdss