[ROM][GB27 GB08 GA10 FL16][ODEX/DEODEX]Kobridge's Stock ROM+Tweaks+Addons

1,710 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,467

By kobridge, Senior Member on 22nd December 2012, 12:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Like always, do it at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.

*Kobridge's GB27 Odexed/Deodexed ROM OP

*Kobridge's GB08 Deodexed ROM OP

*Kobridge's GA10 Odexed/Deodexed ROM OP

Kobridge's Stock FL16 Odexed/Deodexed ROM

What is this? (Thanks to everyone who help me to get rid of the really annoying ads. Now I don't see those annoying Ads after login)

This ROM is completely FL16 JB stock ROM with rooted, busybox added. There are three versions of this ROM based on odexed (pure stock) or deodexed.

1. CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Odexed) - can be used with Data Wipe or No Data Wipe - Mirror
MD5 Check Sum - bcafc6e7fdb1a8a495850c5d131c15d7

2. CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Deodexed apk) - only apk files deodexed - I don't think you need this.

3.CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Fully Deodexed) - Deodexed /system/app + /framework - can be used with Data Wipe or No Data Wipe - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16DS.2.zip 2/2/13 Updated!
MD5 Checksum: 7f8e5abf2109ddfd1430a5dfc7532006

How to Flash?

Before flashing this ROM, be sure that you have a nandroid backup available or make a new nandroid backup. Flash this ROM at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damages on your phone!

The steps are same as other ROMs. You'll need a CWM recovery kernel to flash this ROM and after flashing this ROM, you will lose the CWM recovery kernel because this ROM replace the CWM recovery kernel with stock FL16 kernel.
You will also need to flash the FL16 modem zip file (separate link provided) while flashing this ROM. Or you can flash it separately.

No Data Wipe - if you want to keep your current manually installed non-stock apps, do not wipe the data partition. You would be able to use your old configuration in most cases. I used this option to upgrade my previous rom to FL16. No issues found.

Data Wipe/Factory reset - it's also ok doing factory reset or wiping data partition using CWM recovery tool before flashing this ROM if you want to do a clean install. There's no reboot nor force closing issue found.

Kernel & Modem

FL16 modem - zip - Mirror1
MD5 checksum: 16d0bf291fbb72f88d8ef010881fcb79
FL16 stock Kernel - zip Mirror1
MD5 checksum: 5346cefd4d1605a7665fed72c5cb2f5e

Do you want to remove the bloatware apps after flashing the stock rom?
Check out post# 2 below

Kobridge's Tweak Modes and Addons
To download, check out Post# 3 below

Kobridge's Silent Camera Mod vFL16.2 & vFL16.3a & vFL16.3b
Removed sounds - autofocus_error, autofocus_ok, camera_click, camera_click_bestshot, camera_click_short, shutter_500 (from Camera APK)
Auto_focus, Auto_focus_error, Cam_Start, Cam_Stop, camera_click, Camera_click_short, camera_empty, camera_focus, Charger_Connection, PowerOff, PowerOn, & all Shutter (from system ui audio)

Recently added - vFL16.3a & vFL16.3b - several new features added

Kobridge's System App Backup & Recovery Tool - Advanced users only
Note: Incorrect use of this tool would cause a bootloop. When this tool recovers system apps, it first deletes all system apps. So, after the recovery, all system setting values are set to default.

System App Backup from CWM recovery: This tool makes backup of your system apps from /system/app and /preload/symlink/system/app folders.
You can use this tool whenever you makes the nandroid backup, flashed new kernel or you have the system app changes. If something goes wrong with system app, you can use this backup to recover the system apps. This would be a very convenient tool for most of users because to recover the system app, we may spend lots of time - recover the system using ROM, nandroid backup and make the changes again, etc.

System App recovery tool: After you make the backup of your system apps using my system app backup tool, you can simply use this recovery tool from CWM recovery. It will restore the all system apps based on the backup data. This tool recovers the system apps from /sdcard/backup/system and /sdcard/backup/preload folders.

Benefits using Kobridge's System App Backup/Recovery tool -
  • you don't need to flash the bloatware remover or manually remove the system apps after flashing the rom. You can simply use this tool to go back to previous status.
  • If system does not boot with system app issue, just simply odin the recovery kernel and flash the backed up system apps using recovery tool. Flash the original kernel and reboot. Your phone will boot without doing everything again!
  • After the recovery, all system settings moves back to factory default - clean up effect
  • After the recovery, all system data stored in /data/data folder cleaned up and any garbages removed!
  • without wiping data partition, you can get the same effects for the system apps.
  • a lot more...
Cons using Kobridge's System App Backup/Recovery tool -
You lose the previous saved system settings. Every system app's settings goes back to factory default.

Kobridge's CSC Tweak - experience the extended menu and options
Note: If you changed the values by yourself or removed any CSC stock files, then CSC tweak may not work.
Tweak includes:
  • Menu - enabled search menu(search menu button), common pinchzoom enabled
  • Camera - silent mode option
  • Message - Message size, max slide count increased, max picture resolution increased, enabled reply all, group message, scheduled email sending (specify date, time), save voice message
  • Enabled all delivery, read confirmation menu from SMS, MMS, send email over sms, subject length from 40 to 120
  • Launcher,
  • contact - account icons in contact list, show all logs, call details, contact import/export option, menu to add reject list
  • call
  • web browser - default homepage changed to google, removed lots of favorites from default broswer
  • email
  • a lot more
Tdunham's Mods - check post#3

How to flash Kobridge's Tweak into Stock ROM
4 different Kobridge Tweak modes are available at post #3 below. Do not use this tweak other than Jelly Bean and stock rom.
Starting from this ROM, there's no tweak added on the Kobridge's Stock ROM. You need to separately download and flash it.

What's new on FL16 ROM -
Please report and check post #4 for up-to-dated information.

ROM version history:

FL16DS.2 : Current version [1/31/03] Fixed Telenav issue.
FL16DS.1 : Couple of minor changes from FL16DS.0 (changed to format /preload partition during flashing. few symlinks from /system/app folder removed. Link1
FL16DS.0 : Initial version. - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16DS.0.zip download link1 link2
FL16OS.0 : Initial version. - No changes made from initial version - Kobridge's_Stock_ROM_vFL16OS.0.zip

Credits
SexTape for his leaked ROMs
sfhub for recovery kernel (EL26)
tdunham, Shadow_God for being a great developer and friend
rwilco12 for his great rom/kernel/modem repository and his XDA dedication

Special Thanks to:
leaderbuilder, Vadyr56, MN-Joe, Yaantra,JonSCSL,Doctor_XXX,draven760,RevAtB,cdss
The Following 110 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kobridge Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:08 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

Donate to Me
More
Kobridge's Stock Bloatware Remover for Jelly Bean (FL16/FL04 ROM)

How to flash - just like flashing the rom, flash zip file from CWM recovery (I recommend to use EL26. You can find the EL26 CWM zip tar files in here)
You can flash this zip file just after flashing the rom or you can flash this zip file separately depending on your need. Be sure that after you flash this zip file, you may need to flash the original Kernel also at the same CWM session without rebooting your phone.

Where you can find the removed apps
You can find the removed apps from /mnt/extSdCard/Removed_Apps (system apps) and /mnt/extSdCard/Removed_Apps/preload (preload apps). To bring it back to your phone, move the apk files to /system/app or /preload/symlink/system/app folder and reboot.

Download Kobridge's Bloatware Apps Remover Tool vJB2.2
Download it from here - Kobridge's_Stock_Bloatware_Remover_vJB2.2.zip Mirror

No backup version - Download here - Kobridge's_Stock_Bloatware_Remover_NoBackup_vJB2.2 .zip Mirror

How to recover old APK [or odex] files if I already removed some apps using previous version of bloatware remover:
To do this, you need to flash the ROM again that will recover all stock apps. At the same CWM recovery session, flash this bloatware remover and reboot.

Old version:
Kobridge's Bloatware Apps Remover Tool vJB2.1 - Do not use anymore Mirror

Code:
Books.apk 
GoogleFeedback.apk 
ID.apk 
Magazines.apk 
MediaHub_SdgtlSpr.apk 
MobiTV.apk 
mSpotRadioSprint_VPL.apk 
Music2.apk 
nascar09_prod.apk 
NOVA2HD.apk 
PlusOne.apk 
PolarisOffice4.apk 
SprintMobileWallet.apk 
SprintMusicPlus.apk 
SprintZone_DSS.apk [v2.1]
Videos.apk 
YahoonewsDaemon.apk 
YahoonewsWidget.apk 
YahoostockDaemon.apk [v2.3]
YahoostockWidget.apk
Some useful info on JB ROM:
  • Some widgets are not working on JB depending on the launcher.
  • Samsung Task manager is not showing from app list. To launcher the app, you can use the widget or long pressed 'home' button to run the Samsung task manager.
  • Old sqlite3 binary does not work on JB. I had to change the sqlite3 binary in this rom to make the wifi sleep timer working.
  • It appears that external_SD under /SDCARD is no longer pointing to external SD card. Now it's under /mnt/extSdCard, /storage/extSdCard - I need to look at some scripts running during the boot.
  • System partition is too small to hold all apps. It seems like that's the reason why Samsung added /preload partition and moved some of non-core apps there. I tried to keep all apps into /system partition and phone didn't boot.
  • snapshot key - vol down + power do not work any more. To get the snapshot, press the home key + power button together

New way to recover the phone using Nandroid & stock ROM: (you can use this methond with Kobridge's system app backup/recovery tool)
Because Jelly Bean is using another partition which is not covered by our traditional CWM recovery. Whenever you restore your phone using nandroid backup oly, you may not get the full restore of your phone. It's because the /preload changes are not included. So, there is no way to backup this folder by cwm recovery.

So, what I'm suggesting method is
1. Be sure that you have a nandroid backup after JB rom flashed. Be sure that you have the flashable JB rom.
2. now to start the nandaroid recovery, reboot into cwm.
3. (full wipe data & cache) or do the factory reset
4. flash JB rom
5. (do not reboot after flashing the ROM) recover nandroid backup on the same recovery session
6. Flash Kobridge's Bloatware remover tool if you did that before
7. flash the JB kernel again (if your CWM kernel during nandroid backup was ICS or lower, then phone won't boot without this step)
8. reboot

Some other Kobridge's Tweaked ROM info:
  • When many apk files are updated or if you flashed new Kobridge's stock ROM, remove /data/local/zipalignedapk file and reboot. It will try to re-zipalign all apks from /preload /system/app /data/app.
  • Removed apks are placed in /storage/extSdCard/Removed_Apps/ (from system/app) and /storage/extSdCard/Removed_Apps/preload (from preload/symlink/system/app). /storage/extSdCard folder is a symbolic link of /mnt/extSdCard.
  • To move the removed apps back to original folder, you have to copy(move) the apk files from Removed_Apps folders to /system/app folder and change the permision to 644 and reboot. You cannot move the apk files back to /preload folder because the symbolic link is not there. To move it to preload folder, you have to manually create the symlink for the move files.
  • If you do not want to use Kobridge Tweak, remove the init.d folder and /system/bin/dvfs.sh file. For build.prop, copy it from original stock rom and place it to /system folder.
  • To check the tweak result, find /data/log/kobridge_tweakxx.log files (total 4 files created)
  • Again, I do not use 'data wipe'. From ICS to JB, everything moved ok and working fine for me.
  • On the same CWM recovery session, you can flash the ROM, Modem, and bloatware remover script also. But be sure that you need to wait enough time until system reboot and settle. After flashing the ROM, you may need to wait about upto 5 minutes. If you removed alignedapk file and doing the re-zipalign, then it would also take 3-5 minutes.
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kobridge Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

Donate to Me
More
Kobridge Tweak Pack vJB4.2
From this version, I do not include my Kobridge tweaks into stock rom. So, if you want to add Kobridge Tweaks into this ROM, you need to flash the separate zip file (I want to give you the option that you could use any tweaks from anyone).
**only recommend to use on pure stock JB Kernel**
a. Kobridge Tweak v4.2SF - Mirror

b. Kobridge Tweak v4.2F - Mirror

c. Kobridge Tweak v4.2M - Mirror

d. Kobridge Tweak v4.2A - Mirror

e. Go back to stock default and remove the tweaks installed by Kobridge Tweak pack - download

Kobridge's Silent Camera Mod
Four different flashable zip files available for Camera apk. If you use the CSC tweak, then you will only have one option to turn on or off the shutter sound.

1. Kobridge_Silent_Camera_vFL16.2.zip - download
Features:
  • No Sounds -Camera shutter, focus, click, Cam start, stop, record
  • No Charger connection sound
  • No PowerOn sound
  • No Shutdown sound

2. Kobridge_Silent_Camera_vFL16.3a.zip - this version is the combination of vFL16.2 and vFL16.3b. - download
Features:
  • No CSC required
  • Enabled shutter sound on off option
  • Most Camera & Camcoder sounds removed in Camera apk itself and system ui folder
  • power key to take the photo (if power key is press shortly, then it goes to screen off mode. So, press it a little longer. When the picture is taken, device option menu also showed up. Need to click 'back' key to remove the device option menu)
  • Removed low battery alerts from Camera and Camcoder. Enabled taking pictures and recording in low battery
  • Able to take pictures or recording during the call
  • Able to use flash in low battery
  • All features of vFL16.2

3. Kobridge_Silent_Camera_vFL16.3b.zip - changes were only made in camera apk. - download
Features:
  • No CSC required
  • Enabled shutter sound on off option
  • Most Camera & Camcoder sounds removed in Camera apk itself and system ui folder
  • power key to take the photo (if power key is press shortly, then it goes to screen off mode. So, press it a little longer. When the picture is taken, device option menu also showed up. Need to click 'back' key to remove the device option menu)
  • Removed low battery alerts from Camera and Camcoder. Enabled taking pictures and recording in low battery
  • Able to take pictures or recording during the call
  • Able to use flash in low battery

4.Want to go back to stock Camera? No problem - click here
If you flash this zip file, it will remove any changes made from above Camera Mods and you will hear every sounds provided by Stock rom.

Old versions:
Note: VFL16.1 is not stable
Kobridge_Silent_Camera_vFL16.1.zip download here - Mirror

Kobridge's System App Backup & Recovery Tool - Advanced users only
Note: to backup and recover, it takes about 5minutes (little more or less). So, please be patient.

System App Backup from CWM recovery - Kobridge's_sysapp_backup_v1.0.zip - download here - Mirror
System App recovery tool - Kobridge's_sysapp_recover_v1.0.zip - download here - Mirror

Kobridge's CSC Tweak - experience the extended menus and options
Note: If you see that some app or function does not work after flashing CSC tweak, try it to flash again just after flashing the ROM.
Kobridge_CSC_Tweak_v1.1.zip - download here - Mirror

To go back to Stock CSC, download Stock CSC flashable zip file - Kobridge_Stock_CSC_FL16.zip - download

Old version:
Kobridge_CSC_Tweak_v1.0.zip - download here - Mirror

Kobridge's SystemUI mod - enabled all 20 stock QuickSetting (togglebar)
Note: MultiWindow and AllShareCast are not displayed because of the phone's configuration.
** SystemUI.apk still stays in /preload partition.
** Few screenshots available at post#306 - here

1. Kobridge_Stock_FullQuickPanelSetting_vFL16.0 - Enabled all Stock Quick Panel (Toggle bar) items - download
2. Kobridge_SystemUI_Mod_vFL16.0 - FullQuickPanelSetting + battery, wifi, Signal bar mod - download
3. Go back to stock SystemUI (into Preload partition) - download

Tdunham's Mods collections for FL16 (deodexed ROM only)
Extended toggles and addons - Click here
All-in-one mod - check here
This mod includes Music Skip Mod, Back to Kill Mod, Ripple Lockscreen, Aosp Toggle, Extended Restart Menu
Call Recorder Mod - check here
Centered Clock Mod - check here
Format all X2 - works for both odexed and deodexed because it's formatting all!
FL16 - 1x/3G Mod - here
Hosts Ad Blocking - here - works on both odexed & deodexed
Settings Addon - here
Power Menu Mod - here

Battery Life in JB ROM - 12/22/12 - this information is subject to change.
So far, what I've found on JB rom is, there are lots of wakup locks comparing with ICS and GB. I think one of the reason why is, I never saw any wifi connection issue on JB rom whenever the screen turned on from deep sleep(?). From the ICS rom, we've seen lots of wifi wakeup failures but I've not seen this from JB.

So for overall, the battery life in JB is worst comparing with ICS or GB. For me, it's less than half of my ICS battery life. I'm still trying to figure out to make the battery life better on JB.

Update 12/23/12
I removed lots of wakeups but
Still not happy with battery life personally. Below three screenshots with 4.2A mode. A little fast battery consumption comparing with in ICS. (I'll test this again after my new battery arrives 1800mA)

Update 01/11/12 - with new battery
Finally got new 1800mA battery and measured battery life during one full charge cycle.
The battery life is much better than before comparing with my old battery.
Battery life shows in screenshots below starting from 4th and it's based on -
FL16 Stock deodexed, fl16 stock kernel/modem, no tweaks but some app level tweaks to reduce the battery consumption. Some of the apps are showed in screenshots and percentages being used.

Update 01/14/12
Finished the second life cycle of new battery. For overall, battery life is great even without the tweaks. I like this ROM!
The screenshots are available at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...059714&page=42

What's next? Battery life after applying the Kobridge Tweak Modes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-23-12-12-55.jpg
Views:	10739
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1586426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-23-12-13-16.jpg
Views:	10329
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1586427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-23-12-13-42.jpg
Views:	10431
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1586428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-11-11-14-20.jpg
Views:	7701
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1636231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-11-11-14-27.jpg
Views:	7739
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1636232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-11-11-14-33.jpg
Views:	7359
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1636233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-11-11-14-51.jpg
Views:	7277
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1636234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-11-11-15-04.jpg
Views:	7166
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1636235  
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kobridge Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:09 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

Donate to Me
More
What's new on FL16?
  • Toggle bar moves - 'sync' option added into toggle bar (screenshot #2)
  • Telenav still does not work on FL16 odex version - once after open the app, it goes directly google market and update the app. But it's FC'd. - fixed on current version
  • vtt-sprint.apk removed from symlink
  • Connection Optimizer name changed from ConnectionManager.apk to ConnectionManager-wimax.apk
  • USB Mass Storage connection option is gone from Settings. Nowhere to find it.
    Trick - download 'USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM (usb switch). This one always worked for me on any rom whenever I had an issue on mounting USB storage as mass storage. (screenshot #3&4)
  • Settings > Application manager - 'ON SD CARD' tab added
  • Internet browser force closing on different DPI (200)
  • Exchange service - whenever wifi sleep policy is set the 'never' (turn off wifi during the sleep)', it uses most of CPU and makes the phone unable to sleep! When the policy is set to 'always wifi turned on' then, phone sleeps better! Something wrong with connection optimizer. If you do not use exchange email, then freeze this service along with email app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-21-19-28-29.jpg
Views:	9588
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1582506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-21-19-32-56.jpg
Views:	9577
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1582507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-21-22-38-54.jpg
Views:	9296
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1582813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-21-22-39-08.jpg
Views:	9226
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1582814  
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kobridge Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:10 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
First!

Thank you Kobridge

I hope those tweaks turn out well :fingerscrossed:
The Following User Says Thank You to ttittoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttittoo Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:15 AM |#6  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 9,049

Donate to Me
More
looks like your knocking this out. 2nd.

EDIT: looks very nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g_ding84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift g_ding84 Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 12:18 AM |#7  
Kzoo
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Yipes! Excellent. Watching closely.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to third son For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift third son Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 02:51 AM |#8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Downloading now, how are wimax speeds looking kobridge? I've only been getting 1.2Mb max on cm9/10 compared to 10+ on stock el26

Edit: Pulled 5.4 up last night, not bad! BTW for anyone wondering about 4g tethering, try the latest beta of the app Wifi Tether for Root Users from their project site (the market version wouldn't connect and every other app dropped to 3g)
The Following User Says Thank You to moneymike55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moneymike55 Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 03:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
It worked.

El26 for wipe and modem and rom and bloat away
22nd December 2012, 03:32 AM |#10  
Flag Euless
Thanks Meter: 7,195

Donate to Me
More
What is this I see......Kobridge is at it again :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadow_God For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shadow_God Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 03:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Strange it shows phone is sleeping while screen is on

Touchwiz home has stopped twice
And everything in my folder disappeared
And is turbo scroll back?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)