FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PRESTIGIO series thread. Hacks, Roms and Software

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Athanasis, Member on 24th December 2012, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys.

I thought it would be to good to open this thread and gather all the info available for the super value series of android tablets PRESTIGIO.....

I have seen many places in the web of people trying to Root PRESTIGIO tablets, ending up to a bricked tablet.

To save you a lot of stress and time, I opened this thread....

Please report your research on this threat.

I will also direct threads with information to this place so we have everything gathered !

I will start first.........................................
The Following User Says Thank You to Athanasis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athanasis Ad-Free

24th December 2012, 02:16 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
I own a PRESTIGIO PMP3270B tablet.

I haven't managed to root mine. I have tried a lot of techniques, everything failed.
One of them screwed my PMP3270B. Now it is "bricked".

The only thing that looked like going well was the backing up of the tablet without rooting.
I could achieve that by following the technique found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1844032

Also there is a tool that may do the Rooting trick if you haven't bricked yours yet.
I found it in a Czech forum, a (google translated) post dedicated to PMP3270B tablet.
The application that may root this tablet is called "Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" Developed by GreekDev -11th July 2012
I couldn't apply the "patch" because I have managed to bricked my tablet before that.

Take care

25th December 2012, 12:05 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
News......

I found Arnova 7h G3 specs are similar to the Prestigio PMP3270B. Logically any ROM will work on both tablets.

Arnova has better community.....

(Admins please remove my 5 minutes wait between posts limit, I am an enthusiast, not spammer!!! )

Thanks
25th December 2012, 10:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasis

I own a PRESTIGIO PMP3270B tablet.

I haven't managed to root mine. I have tried a lot of techniques, everything failed.
One of them screwed my PMP3270B. Now it is "bricked".

The only thing that looked like going well was the backing up of the tablet without rooting.
I could achieve that by following the technique found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1844032

Also there is a tool that may do the Rooting trick if you haven't bricked yours yet.
I found it in a Czech forum, a (google translated) post dedicated to PMP3270B tablet.
The application that may root this tablet is called "Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" Developed by GreekDev -11th July 2012
I couldn't apply the "patch" because I have managed to bricked my tablet before that.

Take care

Before starting another Prestigio thread, you should've probably use "Search" feature of the forum first.
For instance something like: http://forum.xda-developers.com/site...hp?q=prestigio

As for the rooting thing... Have you checked your device before rooting if it's rooted already maybe?
I am asking this because on most markets, your device already comes pre-rooted.
26th December 2012, 12:40 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Yes guys. I managed to do it.

And yes the application that may root this tablet is called "Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" Developed by GreekDev -11th July 2012
This is a Zipped file that you will need to unzip.
rootPMP3270B.zip

Make sure that USB is enabled on your tablet and also USB for debugging option is ticked to ON.
Run CMD as an administrator and then write ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat
It is important that you run it from CMD.
At each tablet reboot wait before pressing a key to continue.
Before pressing key to continue enable USB again on your tablet each time it reboots.

If you have problems contact me by quick PM.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Athanasis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athanasis Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 05:18 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
I have also managed to Root another prestigio model.

The Prestigio 7777 GeoVision ICS 4.0.3

There is a trick.
You need to make windows 7 not to see a non installed driver. I achieved it using virtual windows 7 on VMWare. Now I have Genuine rooted Android, with build in Digital TV Tuner and FM tranmitter.

Thanks
(I promised to give you info, and I gave it to you)

Thanks to all who supported me...

----------
The Following User Says Thank You to Athanasis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athanasis Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 02:26 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could you please tell us the step for the geovision 7777.I really want to root it
Thanks in advise!
2nd January 2013, 05:39 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Hi kosta,

I think I have already covered the steps above.

Is it something you don't Understand?

Sent from my GV7777 using Tapatalk 2
2nd January 2013, 07:04 PM |#9  

More
At each tablet reboot wait before pressing a key to continue.
Before pressing key to continue enable USB again on your tablet each time it reboots

After i do the first step and it tells me to press any key to continue,the tablet shut down and goes into charging mode instead of rebooting.Could you please say more cleary the steps?Also about the trick what you mean?My windows 7 has all the drivers installed the first time i have plug it into debugging mode

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Also now the touch screen is not working is there any way i can reset it?What happend?Please help me.I can't use the tablet now
4th January 2013, 03:56 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Oh my god...

What you did matey???

You probably disconnected the device before completing the task !!!

Ok.... Go to Prestigio web site and download the firmware. Follow the .pdf iinstructions to reinstall the firmware from an SD card....
4th January 2013, 12:32 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasis

Oh my god...

What you did matey???

You probably disconnected the device before completing the task !!!

Ok.... Go to Prestigio web site and download the firmware. Follow the .pdf iinstructions to reinstall the firmware from an SD card....

Now i can use the tablet as before.Could you please help me with the root any direct help through msn for example?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread