FORUMS

[Q] Unable to sign into YouTube App - An error has occurred - anyone know how to fix?

527 posts
Thanks Meter: 156

By Android-UK, Senior Member on 24th December 2012, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Wondering if someone could help. I downloaded

While its a brilliant ROM for my Desire S, the dev for reasons unknown has not used apps signed from Play Store, therefore some apps like YouTube refused to update.

Using Titanium backup, I remove YouTube, rebooted the phone, reinstalled it via Play Store, and while its now linked correctly and up-to-date, it refuses to sign my Google account in.

I'm getting an error message stating "an error has occurred" when the app is first loaded, when attempting to click the sign in options and when any video is played.

The videos will play but I can sign into YouTube with my own account to see my history, uploads, channels, etc...

I tried clearing YouTube app data and cache, reinstall but same issue.

Would be a pain to have to wipe and start again considering this is the only app doing this.
27th December 2012, 06:54 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-UK

Hi,

Wondering if someone could help. I downloaded

While its a brilliant ROM for my Desire S, the dev for reasons unknown has not used apps signed from Play Store, therefore some apps like YouTube refused to update.

Using Titanium backup, I remove YouTube, rebooted the phone, reinstalled it via Play Store, and while its now linked correctly and up-to-date, it refuses to sign my Google account in.

I'm getting an error message stating "an error has occurred" when the app is first loaded, when attempting to click the sign in options and when any video is played.

The videos will play but I can sign into YouTube with my own account to see my history, uploads, channels, etc...

I tried clearing YouTube app data and cache, reinstall but same issue.

Would be a pain to have to wipe and start again considering this is the only app doing this.

same here!!! no solution found yet... keep looking up... if find something I'll let you know...

also I have a problem when connected to my home WiFi, some apps works but some not or partially work but if connected to my 3G everything work perfect. if you find something about it let me know...

thanks
8th February 2013, 10:44 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcotto

same here!!! no solution found yet... keep looking up... if find something I'll let you know...

also I have a problem when connected to my home WiFi, some apps works but some not or partially work but if connected to my 3G everything work perfect. if you find something about it let me know...

thanks

Here is the solution that worked for me. If you go into the 'app info' for YouTube, you can uninstall the current update. This seemed to be the problem, afterwards I was able to log in via google. A full reinstalling does not work because that still uses the current update. You must only get rid of the latest update App Version 4.2.16. After doing so, I am using App version 4.1.23 and everything is flawless.

Click and hold on YouTube-->drag to app info-->uninstall updates-->okay --> it works.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dohrann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dohrann Ad-Free
28th March 2018, 07:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohrann

Here is the solution that worked for me. If you go into the 'app info' for YouTube, you can uninstall the current update. This seemed to be the problem, afterwards I was able to log in via google. A full reinstalling does not work because that still uses the current update. You must only get rid of the latest update App Version 4.2.16. After doing so, I am using App version 4.1.23 and everything is flawless.

Click and hold on YouTube-->drag to app info-->uninstall updates-->okay --> it works.

Nice Answer! Thanks for your answer.
"'app info' for YouTube, you can uninstall the current update."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)