Lcd issues

Search This thread

reaper559

Dec 15, 2011
fresno
Ok so my problem is I have the evo 4g and my lcd has gone out not the whole screen but only half of it check the pic... My question is I want to fix it is there a way I can do this at home or do I need to take it to a shop and replace the whole lcd? Any help would be great thanks...

Sent from my M860 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356593085135.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356593085135.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 53

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Was it operating correctly before ? Is is a recent issue ? Was the device dropped ? If the device was not dropped. I would first do a Full Wipe. Then flash a different Rom. That way you can rule out the possibility of it being a bad flash , or Rom issue. If that still does do it, you can take a look at the link below. It a How to TUT for screen repair.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24110140

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Reactions: reaper559

reaper559

Dec 15, 2011
fresno
It wasnt dropped I was playing a poker game and half my screen went out lol I would try and flash a new one but I cant see the bottom half of my screen lol thank u for the help also can a bad flash really do that to my lcd??

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
It wasnt dropped I was playing a poker game and half my screen went out lol I would try and flash a new one but I cant see the bottom half of my screen lol thank u for the help also can a bad flash really do that to my lcd??

Just like pryboy says you want to rule out that possibility. If it turns out to be a LCD issues then it is a super easy fix as long as you have the right tools. I bought a set of small screws and pry tools for under 15bucks that was actually labeled smartphone repair tools. Works for me too because I fix alot of smartphones anyway. Parts for the OG EVO are super cheap too. But try to rule out all the other stuff 1st before taking it apart, which is not as scary as it sounds anyway.

Reactions: reaper559

reaper559

Dec 15, 2011
fresno
Thank u guya for all the help I have flashed a different rom now and it still isnt working so I guess I will check out radio shack and get the tools I have opened up my evo before to change the speaker lol where could I pick up the lcd for the evo?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Thank u guya for all the help I have flashed a different rom now and it still isnt working so I guess I will check out radio shack and get the tools I have opened up my evo before to change the speaker lol where could I pick up the lcd for the evo?

I would try RepairUniverse.com .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Was it operating correctly before ? Is is a recent issue ? Was the device dropped ? If the device was not dropped. I would first do a Full Wipe. Then flash a different Rom. That way you can rule out the possibility of it being a bad flash , or Rom issue. If that still does do it, you can take a look at the link below. It a How to TUT for screen repair.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24110140

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Just like pryboy says you want to rule out that possibility. If it turns out to be a LCD issues then it is a super easy fix as long as you have the right tools. I bought a set of small screws and pry tools for under 15bucks that was actually labeled smartphone repair tools. Works for me too because I fix alot of smartphones anyway. Parts for the OG EVO are super cheap too. But try to rule out all the other stuff 1st before taking it apart, which is not as scary as it sounds anyway.
    I bought my smartphone repair kit at Radio Shack. It was on sale. Bought it for $12 :). Came with a ton of stuff, and a carry case.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11