[GUIDE] Get Bravia and Music Info working again on ICS with ReLock bootloader

998 posts
Thanks Meter: 275

By revan17, Senior Member on 27th December 2012, 09:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The credit goes to nhoc_huhu for posting this fix and jemju_xps-user for giving more detailed instructions and confirming it works. Please leave thanks for them, I'm just posting detailed, easier to follow instructions.

Things you will gain:
- working Bravia on ICS
- working Download Music Info for Walkman
- root will stick if you had it before

Things you will loose:
- ability to flash custom ROM's requiring unlocked boot loader. Duh.
- CWM recovery. You can get it back using this guide

Steps:

1. Download Walkman_port_few_fixes.zip
2. Clear data for Download Music Info and all Walkman apps, under settings>apps>all
3. With Root Explorer or any root manager; copy CredentialManagerService.apk from the attached zip and paste it to system>app and set permissions. Delete .odex file for CredentialManagerService if you're on a odexed stock ROM.
4. Copy file system>lib>libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib and set permissions.
5. Copy file system>lib>DRM\libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib>DRM and set permissions.
6. Shutdown and flash stock kernel with Flashtool.

- either use the kernel from the FTF file of the Firmware you are currently using, be sure to not wipe Data(you will loose apps) and System(you will loose root). Uncheck wipe data and check Exclude System.

- OR flash this with fastboot; fastboot flash boot 55.sin. The attached kernel is for .55 firmware. Here is the JB .200 kernel.

7. Relock your bootloader using these instructions.
8. Reboot and it should be working!! It does for me(stock .55) and jemju(XTX v7)

Optional: When I relocked bootloader, my WiFi was broken. Download this and paste it to /system/lib/modules with correct permissions. Reboot and WiFi will be back.

The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to revan17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revan17 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:16 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 99

More
ok
27th December 2012, 09:18 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
No, I just posted this for the sake of it. /sarcasm

A number of us have already tried it and it works.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to revan17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revan17 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:32 AM |#4  
Flag ilocos
Thanks Meter: 32

More
tenks revan for this thread..but how can you say that bravia engine is working also?
The Following User Says Thank You to jemju_xps-user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jemju_xps-user Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemju_xps-user

tenks revan for this thread..but how can you say that bravia engine is working also?

the screenshot as more vivid colors, u'll notice it on the skin though not quite on the cigarette
The Following User Says Thank You to darkace007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkace007 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:38 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
Quote:

Because it works. Check the pictures mate. The difference is clearly visible. Look at the skin color, the first is BE off, the second BE on.

Sorry if you guys are non-smokers, this pic was the best I had to show BE working. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to revan17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revan17 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:40 AM |#7  
Flag ilocos

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkace007

the screenshot as more vivid colors, u'll notice it on the skin though not quite on the cigarette

what if - before i relock my b.l. i will flash first the thread b.e.2 to take advantage over b.e.1 then doing this thread, what do you think guys?will b.e.2 work?
27th December 2012, 09:44 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
Quote:

what if - before i relock my b.l. i will flash first the thread b.e.2 to take advantage over b.e.1 then doing this thread, what do you think guys?will b.e.2 work?

You can try. Though my personal opinion is that BE2 over BE1 is just placebo..it's hard to tell difference between BE1 on and off, let alone between BE2 and BE1.
27th December 2012, 10:50 AM |#9  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 1,010

More
Thumbs up
I can confirm Bravia Engine Working with this method

I use Bravia Engine 2

Open attachment screen shots in new tabs and compare them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-06-46.jpg
Views:	3738
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1595357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-07-13.jpg
Views:	3610
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1595358  
27th December 2012, 10:58 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
At long last! It truly works! Using BE2 here. Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!
27th December 2012, 11:21 AM |#11  
Flag ilocos

More
anyone can confirm again that b.e. is not working on xtx..because i read this post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2010673&page=8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bravia download music info relock bootloader

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)