FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] Revert to Stock ROM JB for user with new HBOOT

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Maverick87Shaka, Member on 27th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to All,
I want to share my experience about revert to stock for users that have new HBOOT, unlocked bootloader and custom recovery; can't execute official RUU. ( This method i think is more safe that downgrade HBOOT )

Step ONE:
Install this custom ROM: MaximuS ROM ( read the thread for instruction about installation of this ROM )
( this ROM allow you to receive the message of OTA JB update, if you know another ROM that receive this message you can use as well i think )

Step TWO:
install the stock recovery of HTC One S via fastboot ( after flashing recovery erase cache )

Step THREE:
Reboot your phone in system, configure the rom for first use, go to settings, information, software update and press check now for update.
You'll receive the message for an update, download and install, and now you have stock JB ROM. after reboot you can do a reset ( go to setting => backup and restore ) to clean the application migrated from previous ROM ( MaximuS )

I hope this can help someone else.

p.s. Sorry for my English!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maverick87Shaka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maverick87Shaka Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 09:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks bro for this, but my problem is not resolved because this rom couldn't install on my HTC One S, i dont know why... Log show me: MD5 files not found
27th December 2012, 09:38 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybulPL

Thanks bro for this, but my problem is not resolved because this rom couldn't install on my HTC One S, i dont know why... Log show me: MD5 files not found

Witch recovery are you using at the moment? I installed this ROM ( MaximuS ) with Team Win Recovery ( TWRP ) v2.3.3.0 and it's works for me.
( after flashing ROM from recovery remember to flash boot.img by fastboot )
28th December 2012, 12:59 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick87Shaka

Witch recovery are you using at the moment? I installed this ROM ( MaximuS ) with Team Win Recovery ( TWRP ) v2.3.3.0 and it's works for me.
( after flashing ROM from recovery remember to flash boot.img by fastboot )

I use TWRP and CWM and the same. My mate told me that i have unmount 1 and 2 partition in recovery but i don't know how.
28th December 2012, 12:22 PM |#5  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Hi everyone,

thanks a lot, this saved my ass ... I had upgraded my stock ICS to stock JB and then tried to go back to stock ICS with a CWM backup - with the result that I had a brick booting only to a black screen.

I still had access to CWM recovery and so could install the Maximus 2.5 ROM and also the update to stock JB ran through just fine.

I did a factory reset afterwards, is it 100% sure that I now have a pure stock JB or could there be some leftovers from the Maximus 2.5 ROM?

Cheers,
Tim
28th December 2012, 02:56 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_h

Hi everyone,
I still had access to CWM recovery and so could install the Maximus 2.5 ROM and also the update to stock JB ran through just fine.

I did a factory reset afterwards, is it 100% sure that I now have a pure stock JB or could there be some leftovers from the Maximus 2.5 ROM?

Cheers,
Tim

Yes you have a stock JB, because with factory reset you've removed all extra application that there is inside MaximuS v.2.5.
All other unneeded file or executable ( like root executable and all other script in /system ect. ) was removed during installation of new ROM.
Remember just that you need to revert to stock to give your phone back to HTC for guarantee, I thinks you must leave on it the stock recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_h

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot, this saved my ass ... I had upgraded my stock ICS to stock JB and then tried to go back to stock ICS with a CWM backup - with the result that I had a brick booting only to a black screen.

Cheers,
Tim

It's happened because from recovery the system was unable to flash the boot partition. So after you did the CWM restore, you have all the phone with ICS android, but JB kernel, this cause your black screen after boot!!!
If you have the boot.img ( with suitable kernel of your old ROM ) to flash after you did the CWM recovery, you can get back to your BACKUP without any problem.
Also if you don't have the exactly boot.img of your previous ROM of the backup, you can flash any boot.img by fastboot of ICS kernel and this is should be enough to keep your backup running again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick87Shaka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maverick87Shaka Ad-Free
28th December 2012, 03:50 PM |#7  
Flag Karlsruhe

More
Thanks very much for the additional explanations. I do have the boot.img of my original CWM backup, so should be able to restore it via fastboot. Great!

But first I have to send in my phone to have the USB port fixed under warranty.
28th December 2012, 05:59 PM |#8  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Holy ****, is working, thanks man...
28th December 2012, 06:32 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zujko

Wait to see if i understood, i have now Custom ( Virtuous Ville+ RC-1) JB ROM, with hboot 2.15.0000... unlocked, root, twrp

1.install maximuS V2.5, wipe..
2. flash boot.img with fastboot
3.Check update for JB, and flash new update JB?
And that's it?
I guess we have to make relock bootloader, after flash ICS?
Tnx

You just forgot in the list to install the HTC Stock recovery before check the message of update, so:
1 => Wipe and install MaximuS V2.5 ROM
2 => flash with fastboot boot.img of MaximuS V2.5 ROM
3 => flash stock HTC Recovery via fastboot ( fastboot flash recovery ville_recovery_signed.img , then fastboot erase cache ) or get it from One_S_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0
4 => start the phone and check for the JB update
5 => after JB installation do a factory reset to clean up the ROM from the extra application that MaximuS ROM have.

You don't need to relock your bootloader, you just need to install the stock recovery, that's enough.
28th December 2012, 06:38 PM |#10  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Hmm, wait, why need install stock recovery?
This JB will be working with custom twrp?
EDIT: I got it
28th December 2012, 09:45 PM |#11  

More
I did it! I unmounted first 3 partitions in TWRP and installation successful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)