Also the XDA community offers following free services: App Tester Index, List of themers and designers as well as Community help with marketing.
Users: Developers need you. Send me a PM and I will add you to this index. Thank you!
1. Send me a PM with the language(s) you can translate apps into. Don't hesitate if there is already a translator for your language, it's better to have more than one for each language.
2. Verify my entry and subscribe to the thread to get the latest news and app translate requests.
3. If there is a request for translating an app, do it. If you think you can improve an existing translation, dive into its discussion.
Developers: You need an app translation
1. Post a public accessible link, where the translation can be discussed and improved.
2. Thread subscribers can see your app translation request quickly, translate your app and report to your thread. Please, save resources and only ask for translation if your app is "almost" finished, you add features or make a major update. Do not ask, if your app still is changing the labeling very often.
3. On this point, after the translation, please be kind and write something in this thread like "well done, we created the perfect app"
If you app developers want to thank your translators, you can place their credit names (if available) somewhere in your app, for example in About -> Credits -> Translators. See the credit names behind the name of the XDA members in the list down below.
XDA Translator thread on XDA News
We proudly can say, we were three times on the XDA News.
- 27 Apr 2013 Find People to Help Translate Labels in Your App
- 09 Sep 2013 XDA Volunteer Translator List Updated
- 28 Jan 2015 Free App Translation Help on XDA
- 15 Aug 2015 Calling all Developers!... (via Twitter)
30 Sept 2017: @benxda has left the thread after some years of great work, let`s express our gratitude to him, he created this community of translators, organized our work and gave a big opportunity to the app developers. @gaich willl try to lead this thread further. Any suggestions are welcome!
02 May 2017: Let's call it a late spring cleaning this time...therefore, read more about the Late Spring Cleaning.
15 Aug 2015: A big and warm THANK YOU to all active translators, developers who seek for help and supporters of this thread somewhere around XDA. New translators and suggestions to improve processes are always very welcome.
31 Jan 2015: We have our own official badge.
28 Jan 2015: Third time we were mentioned at the XDA News site (formerly known as XDA portal)
06 Jan 2014: Cleaning procedure finished.
22 Dec 2014: Winter cleaning time. All inactive translators will be moved to the inactive tranlators post soon.
12 Jan 2014: All XDA internal links of the first two posts should be encrypted now (We want HTTPS on XDA!).
09 Sep 2013: Once again this thread was featured on the XDA portal. Thanks to everybody who is working in/on this thread to bring developers and translators together. Also, again, please be patient due to the overwhelming feedback via thread posts, e-mails and PMs. Thank you.
30 Jun 2013: As said before in a recent post, I removed all inactive translators. Only those who wanted to be still listed as active, remain in the first post, all others are now in the second post as former translators. If you want and can contribute with translations, drop a message. Thanks.
19 Jun 2013: Those translators with an underlined name confirmed to stay available as a translator for further translations. Those ones are important for us, but the others are always welcome again, because it's the translators spare time, he spends!
16 Jun 2013: Try to wake up the translation folks. Translators, this is your wakup call.
30 May 2013: Again, @nikwen started a thread for helping developers with marketing. Also linked down below with other helpful threads.
18 May 2013: Starting to change the links of the translators to "mention links". It's easier to link to user profiles. Or does anybody see a problem here?
10 May 2013: You think after app translation you're done? But what's about the outfit of your app? @nikwen recently started a List of themers and designers. Go over there, meet themers and designers and get your app a sexy suit.
28 Apr 2013: Ok, this thread also was promoted on the XDA portal. As you may know from the last time, be patient, if you write me a PM, it may take some time to reply. I guess, this time it is not so much interesting for users. Doing translation is not as famous as app testing. But I hope to get some new languages and reliable translators. So if you think you are the right one, send me a PM and let me know which language you can translate. Thank you.
17 Apr 2013: This thread was moved into the development forum. Also, translators, if someone asks for translations, please help, that's why we're here.
On 31 Jan 2015 we proudly introduced the XDA Developers Recognized Translator badge. This is from XDA Developers for our translators and related members, just place it in your signature with a link to this thread. You can find a guide, credits and more information in this post. To save characters for your signature, check my thread [Guide] Squeeze more content into your signature.
Half sized badge:
Full sized badge: