HDMI mirroring to lapdock after OTA 4.1.1

Search This thread

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
I updated my ATT Atrix HD (on Bell) to 4.1.1 OTA.

found out the hard way we lost the HDMI mirroring to the lapdock screen.

it works fine mirroring to my LCD TV but not when plugged in the lapdock (even with just the hdmi port plugged in)

it goes in a kind of 1280 x 540 mode screwing up the screen.

Was ok on ICS, still fine on my 2 LCD tvs but not on the lapdock.

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
Its a problem with all JB androids... I'm selling mine now as theres no way to go back...

Still the RAZR HD can go back to ICS from JB but as of yet not the Atrix HD... makes me wonder if there is a way after all.

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
Wait so I can not use HDMI to my HDTV anymore?

it worked on 3 LCD TVs at home/cottage but the lapdock cannot deal with the hdmi signal JellyBean put out on the hdmi connector.

... or as HDMI ports are bi-directional, JellyBean detect the Motorola Lapdocks and mess with the output resolution on purpose (any other HDMI capable device will play nicely with a lapdock screen... as was the Atrix HD with ICS.)

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
RAZR HD is messed up though... seems like they didnt inlcude all the custom motorola mods and packages they in the new gen JB roms.

I wish I knew about this before I sent them the email.... valuable info

I made a factory reset from the boot recovery menu, cleared the cache partition from the same menu... Still got the letter boxed screen on the lapdock.

cmdru1980

May 8, 2011
Desoto, TX
I noticed that on the YouTube app, it now has a screen icon at the top of the video window for HDMI output but, I dunno bout videos on the device or SD card.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
I asked for USB mass storage mode like on ICS and a way to make the HDMI mirroring resolution ok on a lapdock... or a way to downgrade to ICS...

Motorola Support said:
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I have reviewed your e-mail, and I am ready to help. I apologize for the delay and any inconveniences you're experiencing. The ATRIX HD does not support Linux computer, and Webtop or Lapdock. If you connect the phone to a lapdock it will display like Mirror mode. Unfortunately, we're unable to resolve the issue with the screen resolution when connect ATRIX phone via HDMI , this may be fixed in an software update release in the future.

The ATRIX HD does not support Linux computer

welcome to 2013 Motorola... get on with the program.

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
I had the oportunity to try Ladpock 100 with Atrix HD and I had the same problem - screen of Lapdock has letterboxes. But it's not as bad as missing sound :(...does somebody know how to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I had the oportunity to try Ladpock 100 with Atrix HD and I had the same problem - screen od Lapdock has letterboxes. But it's not as bad as missing sound :(...does somebody know how to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

All of us with Lapdocks have been looking into that for a while now. There's some tricks that can be done with 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 to get the screen working (see the last few posts/pages under the lapdock topic under our Original Development for them), but nothing since 4.2+ has worked for any amount of time stable (best I've had with 4.2+ is about 3 mins with 4.4 Carbon a couple of weeks ago and nothing since).