FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Nexus 10 ADB backup error

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By afterdream85, Junior Member on 2nd January 2013, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Before unlock and root my nexus 10, I tried to backup up my app and setting using ADB backup. However, no matter using Wug's toolkit or mskip's toolkit, the backup function doesn't work for me. Every time, after I click the backup button from my nexus 10, the PC screen just pop up a window says that the backup has completed. However, the backup .ab file size is 0 bytes. I tried several times and also tried to restart pc and tablet and turn the tablet to airplane mode before backup. Still doesn't work. Is something wrong with my nexus 10? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
 
 
4th January 2013, 03:21 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy Is there no body having same problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdream85

Before unlock and root my nexus 10, I tried to backup up my app and setting using ADB backup. However, no matter using Wug's toolkit or mskip's toolkit, the backup function doesn't work for me. Every time, after I click the backup button from my nexus 10, the PC screen just pop up a window says that the backup has completed. However, the backup .ab file size is 0 bytes. I tried several times and also tried to restart pc and tablet and turn the tablet to airplane mode before backup. Still doesn't work. Is something wrong with my nexus 10? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Does anybody have the same problem? Have you solved your problem? I have a lot apps and games. I don't want to lose them and their setting after unlocking and root. Please help.
28th January 2013, 05:52 AM |#3  
therealnoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdream85

Does anybody have the same problem? Have you solved your problem? I have a lot apps and games. I don't want to lose them and their setting after unlocking and root. Please help.

Maybe u need to enter a password to backup..give it a shot
29th January 2013, 07:24 AM |#4  
the co0kie's Avatar
Member
Flag New Milford
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnoob

Maybe u need to enter a password to backup..give it a shot

im having a very similar issue with my nexus 4... my phone is saying it starts then finishes immedietly but no back up, im trying to figure it out too :/
30th January 2013, 06:24 AM |#5  
therealnoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Re: [Q] Nexus 10 ADB backup error
Quote:
Originally Posted by the co0kie

im having a very similar issue with my nexus 4... my phone is saying it starts then finishes immedietly but no back up, im trying to figure it out too :/

i would not rely on a tool. best way is to enter the command directly either in linux terminal or windows command prompt.
go to the directory where sdk is installed and where u can find adb.
on my linux machine it is under /downloads/android-sdk-linux-x86/platform-tools/
make sure to be root
then i type in ./adb devices (to make sure adb finds my device)
then i go /.adb backup -all -nosystem -noshared -apk -f /home/me/backup/something.ab

in windows fire up command prompt as administrator
go into ur adb directory
type adb devices
then adb backup -all -nosystem -noshared -apk -f c:\backup\something.ab
hope it works

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
30th January 2013, 06:42 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnoob

Maybe u need to enter a password to backup..give it a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the co0kie

im having a very similar issue with my nexus 4... my phone is saying it starts then finishes immedietly but no back up, im trying to figure it out too :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnoob

i would not rely on a tool. best way is to enter the command directly either in linux terminal or windows command prompt.
go to the directory where sdk is installed and where u can find adb.
on my linux machine it is under /downloads/android-sdk-linux-x86/platform-tools/
make sure to be root
then i type in ./adb devices (to make sure adb finds my device)
then i go /.adb backup -all -nosystem -noshared -apk -f /home/me/backup/something.ab

in windows fire up command prompt as administrator
go into ur adb directory
type adb devices
then adb backup -all -nosystem -noshared -apk -f c:\backup\something.ab
hope it works

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

I found the solution for my nexus 10 is not to connect to USB 3.0 but USB 2.0 of laptop. Then everything works well.
30th January 2013, 08:31 AM |#7  
therealnoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdream85

I found the solution for my nexus 10 is not to connect to USB 3.0 but USB 2.0 of laptop. Then everything works well.

wow nice thanks for sharing xD
31st January 2013, 03:30 AM |#8  
therealnoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyomarga

my phone is saying it starts then finishes immedietly but no back up

two possible workarounds are
first punch in a password for ur backup and see if it works
second use adb command thru terminal linux or command prompt windows
GL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes