FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: Do you like the layout?

Yes

29 Vote(s)
93.55%
No

2 Vote(s)
6.45%

[INFO][REF][TUE, 22/01/14] The G1 Oracle

1,039 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,345

By HTCDreamOn, Recognized Contributor on 2nd January 2013, 12:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The G1 Oracle

Some of us decided to start a new thread like Royalknight6190's ROM Bible, because that hasn't been updated since Feb. 2011. However, as demkantor pointed out, the ROM Bible is pretty up to date up until Froyo, so there's not much point just reposting stuff. Therefore, although I have gone down as far as Eclair, I've only added new, relevant ROMs. Please PM me if I have missed out a ROM, this needs to be kept up-to-date

Credits: Don't know how we're gonna sort credits out, over the years there'll be tonnes of people we want to thank!

GUIDES:

RECOVERIES:

KERNELS:

Ice Cream Sandwich

Gingerbread

Froyo

ROMS:

Firstly, I think here is a good place to mention that there is, surprisingly, a form of non-android development for the G1 in the form of Firefox OS / Boot2Gecko, provided by Infinimit... for info, take a look at Project Lizard

Jelly Bean

Ice Cream Sandwich

CyanogenMod 9

Gingerbread

AOSP Based

CyanogenMod 7 Based

MIUI

Froyo

AOSP Based

Eclair | Android v2.1

Sense 2.0

Other

Servers
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free

2nd January 2013, 03:34 PM |#2  
Flag Athens, Attica
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This is pretty nice. Although i'm a magic user, even magic users can benefit from that.
2nd January 2013, 05:26 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Oops, too late, but....reserved.....
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 11:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
I once started a dedicated site for this, but that didn't go anywhere.
It was pretty nice because anyone could add to it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frankdrey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frankdrey Ad-Free
3rd January 2013, 12:36 AM |#5  
Oops, didn't mean to thanks, but I'm sure you deserve it anyway frankdrey!
Yeah I wish we had gotten more done with that site, but o well, I guess we were both just too busy.
I was thinking maybe we could make some addition to the xda wiki? Don't know how well that would work but...
Anyway htcdreamon is going to speak with a mod and see if we can clean up this thread, add a spot or two for each of us in the begining and we each be resposible to add info, I'm sure if you want in to it could be done

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
3rd January 2013, 11:34 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdrey

I once started a dedicated site for this, but that didn't go anywhere.
It was pretty nice because anyone could add to it.

Link?
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
3rd January 2013, 11:40 AM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tass0s

This is pretty nice. Although i'm a magic user, even magic users can benefit from that.

I agree, most of my searching for info and resourses for my 32b was done in the g1 section.

Sent from my HTC Magic using xda premium
3rd January 2013, 05:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

Link?

Its gone unfortunately. It was a .tk domain that expired. And I havent signed into the x10hosting panel for the required amounts, so thats gone too.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD
3rd January 2013, 08:19 PM |#9  
Flag Athens, Attica
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

Oops, too late, but....reserved.....

Damn, im sorry, maybe we can find a mod that can delete that for us.
3rd January 2013, 08:37 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Angry Don't worry about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tass0s

Damn, im sorry, maybe we can find a mod that can delete that for us.

Oh no, really, doesn't matter at all, I'm trying to get a mod to give demkantor a post under the OP anyway, so we can move stuff around then.

On a general note to everyone, do people want versions of Android in ascending or descending order? i.e. ascending (from cupcake through to Jelly bean) or descending (from Jelly bean down to cupcake)?
3rd January 2013, 11:00 PM |#11  
I say newest first, as people probably want to see what's newest right away. Also the older stuff is all linked in the rom bible

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)