FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia tablet s browser freezes/shutdown issues

338 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By Zer0K3wL, Senior Member on 2nd January 2013, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When i play video from my browser my tablet usualy shutdown for no reason.
I was kindy hoping this is known issue that many are having or maybe some tweaks to fix this.
If never had my tablet shutdown in any other circumstances only if i had browser open.

Also is this tablet supose to be 1.4 ghz or 1.3 ghz because mine apearntly is 1.4 ghz stock while see many advertise this tablet at 1.3 ghz speeds.

2nd January 2013, 04:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0K3wL

I was kindy hoping this is known issue that many are having or maybe some tweaks to fix this.
If never had my tablet shutdown in any other circumstances only if i had browser open.

Also is this tablet supose to be 1.4 ghz or 1.3 ghz because mine apearntly is 1.4 ghz stock while see many advertise this tablet at 1.3 ghz speeds.

Hi mate,

Ues, it's a known issue - the default browser is very buggy which is why I've installed Chrome and disabled the stock browser.

The device has a Tegra 3 CPU which actually has '5' cores. 1 clocked at 1.3ghz when you're web browsing, listening to music and 4 other cores clocked at 1.4ghz for when your playing intensive games like GTA Vice City or Modern Combat.

Most other Tegra devices are only clocked at 1.3ghz which is why the Xperia Tab has a bit of a umph on benchmarks.
The Following User Says Thank You to SWFlyerUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SWFlyerUK Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 05:02 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 373

More
Quote:

Sony's Xperia Tablet S family uses Nvidia's Tegra 3 SoC which has an integral CPU rated 1.4 GHz maximum for single-core operation and 1.3 GHz maximum for multi-core operation. So the GHz rating you read depends on whether the advertiser is stating the CPU's single-core or multi-core rating.

I cannot provide any feedback on the stock browser used on the Xperia Tablet S tablet because I do not own one; I own Sony Tablet S tablets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat McGowan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cat McGowan Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 05:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFlyerUK

Hi mate,

Ues, it's a known issue - the default browser is very buggy which is why I've installed Chrome and disabled the stock browser.

The device has a Tegra 3 CPU which actually has '5' cores. 1 clocked at 1.3ghz when you're web browsing, listening to music and 4 other cores clocked at 1.4ghz for when your playing intensive games like GTA Vice City or Modern Combat.

Most other Tegra devices are only clocked at 1.3ghz which is why the Xperia Tab has a bit of a umph on benchmarks.

How do you disable and re enable ?

I use chrome but i have default browser still enabled.

Ofc using chrome does't change thing it can still shutdown like least once a day.

browser was slow untill today when aplied some tweaks that if found here.

Anyway you think this tablet gonna be perfectly stable with next update or in future ?

Quote:

Sony's Xperia Tablet S family uses Nvidia's Tegra 3 SoC which has an integral CPU rated 1.4 GHz maximum for single-core operation and 1.3 GHz maximum for multi-core operation. So the GHz rating you read depends on whether the advertiser is stating the CPU's single-core or multi-core rating.

I cannot provide any feedback on the stock browser used on the Xperia Tablet S tablet because I do not own one; I own Sony Tablet S tablets.

If you happen to life nearby in Netherlands, Enschede you can come try out.

I can find my tablet back anyway using anti theft :P
2nd January 2013, 06:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
My tablet has the same problem. I'm hoping it's only a firmware issue that can be resolved with an update in the future.
2nd January 2013, 06:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degraaff

My tablet has the same problem. I'm hoping it's only a firmware issue that can be resolved with an update in the future.

They better fix it or i'm going nag nag nag nag untill they do send letter every day and e-mail every day.
Anyway i could return my tablet but rather not their no alternatives except transformer which have 9/10 being below quality.
I bought a transformer half year ago it had 3 dead pixels pissed me so off few month's later did some googling found out 9/10 are just bad that it was lotery tablet.
2nd January 2013, 07:34 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

They better fix it or i'm going nag nag nag nag untill they do send letter every day and e-mail every day.
Anyway i could return my tablet but rather not their no alternatives except transformer which have 9/10 being below quality.
I bought a transformer half year ago it had 3 dead pixels pissed me so off few month's later did some googling found out 9/10 are just bad that it was lotery tablet.

I did a factory reset today, see if that fixes anything. If not, I might take it a service centre for repair. The way the video and sound corrupts before it powers off makes me suspect a faulty CPU or motherboard...
2nd January 2013, 08:02 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Cant be faulty board or cpu aslong problems only occur in browser, everything would behave bad then.
Found a way to disable default browser but now I have no idea how to enable it again.
2nd January 2013, 08:44 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Cant be faulty board or cpu aslong problems only occur in browser, everything would behave bad then.
Found a way to disable default browser but now I have no idea how to enable it again.

Go into Settings -> Apps -> All
Then scroll all the way to the bottom, all of the disabled apps are at the bottom. Tap 'Browser' and enable.

Does your tablet also have the crash/power off problem in the Youtube App? Mine has. And it also had it a few times when playing a movie in MX Player. But never in games. Games never make it power off, not even heavy games such as GTA Vice City.
3rd January 2013, 03:31 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I also am experiencing crashes with the Youtube app...

First venture into the tablet market and now i'm doing my best to thwart off buyers remorse.

Sony, wtf?

Sent from my SGPT12 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 12:52 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Youtube ap is only thing that haven't crashed for me yet.
Anyway i disabled to default browser now hope this lowers the shutdowns to like never else gonna consider making call with sony tomorow nagging untill they fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)