FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread

Stickied Threads
Maintained by StrumerJohn

Stuck Threads:
Threads are sorted by date last updated.

Code:
[Tool][Win] Repair IMEI & Roaming ERI issues** Thread Private. PM If needed. ** 
This thread tells you how you can restore your IMEI without having it backed up before. It also contains a tool in which can restore your ERI (Extended Roaming Indicator) as well, which is great if you flash a bad ROM that causes you to get stuck 'Roaming'.

[HOWTO]Comprehensive IMEI/EFS Backup
This thread tells you how you can back up your phone hardware keys. It is advised that you do this whenever you try out an AOSP ROM. It'll save you the burden of having to ask me for the above thread and having to follow it's PITA steps.

★ [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recovery] 1-Click!! [ALL OTA's]★
Just got an S III or just want to start afresh? Need to Root, Unlock, and Flash a custom Recovery? My buddy Beanstown106 has got you covered! His Casual tool does all of that in one simple click!

[FIRMWARE] <VRBMF1> (MODEM/RPM/TZ/SBL) Verizon SGS3 (SCH-I535)
This thread links to another website which hosts information and files needed to update or change your firmware (MODEM, RPM, TZ, SBL).

[GUIDE] No-Wipe Jelly Bean Factory Images ***Final Update: 6/1/13****
This thread contains the latest official Jellybean Verizon OTA Odin Update Packages, along with Root, Unlocking Bootloader, and Recovery Tools. A great general reference guide for those wanting to update their phone to Jellybean and Root it with full Custom ROM flashing capability later on.

[GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 OTA ***UPDATED 5/29***  **JB/ICS**
This thread tells you how to Root, Unlock your Bootloader, and Flash a Custom Recovery all from stock!

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy SIII & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) **ICS ONLY**
This thread is a great general reference to anything about our phone. It tells you how to Root, Unlock your Bootloader, Flash a Custom Recovery, Flash a custom ROM, Flash AOSP ROMs, Flash ODIN Packages, Flash Kernels, Return completely to stock, and much more!

[HOW-TO] Unbrick your soft bricked Galaxy S III (+ bootloader brick)
Bricked your phone (it won't ever turn on, even being charged)? Uh oh! Luckily, this thread guides you step by step on how to get it fully working again using ODIN.

[Guide] Verizon Galaxy SIII Downloads List 
Not sure where to find something you need for your phone? Well this giant downloads list probably has it! Ranging from ROMs, Kernels, MODs, Recoveries, ODIN Packages, and much more, this thread probably has it.

[GUIDE][HOW-TO] Create custom ODIN packages
Want to make a custom ROM for a buddy without having to root their phone and flash a recovery also making their phone brickable?! Well that's why we have ODIN. With the help of this thread, we can create custom ODIN packages that can be flashed to the phone without the need of a recovery (or root)!

[GUIDE] dsixda's Android Kitchen - Now supports GS3 SCH-I535 (Windows/Linux/Mac)
New to ROMs? Want to make your own easily?! Well thanks to dsixda and this thread, we now can with his Android Kitchen!
Support:

Is a thread title out of date? Is a thread link non functional? Is the description vague or dated? Think something should be sticked?

PM me or Reply to this thread and I'll update what needs to be updated ASAP!
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free

4th January 2013, 06:09 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag BeanTown USA
Thanks Meter: 54,563

Donate to Me
More
glad to see one of our two ideas worked lmao!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2013, 07:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
Thank you. This should help many... Nice op...and staff. @strumer thanks again for your write up as well as many contributions...two thumbs up!! Peace!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
6th March 2013, 06:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I would suggest adding the jelly bean root method since the ICS method does not work on Jelly Bean and some people may want to root without re flashing a pre-rooted jelly bean per the first root sticky:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2046439

Method and guide is courtesy of open1your1eyes0.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rlin5741 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rlin5741 Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 03:21 PM |#5  
Flag Kenosha
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up ISSUES WITH computer finding s3 via USB
I JUST WANTED TO GIVE POSSIBLE FIX FOR OTHER PEOPLE HAVING USB ISSUES EVENTHOUGH IT MAY BE IN THE WRONG SECTION AS OF RIGHT NOW.

My phone was in download mode and was not being recognized by my computer my windows 7 computer. I pressed the usb icon, where a box popped up saying that there was an unknown device. You could find this in device manager.

I then went to device manager to update the driver instead of pointing the device directly to the driver when i clicked browse my computer for software then it shows a location and option to let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer then a box pops up showing model above that there is a little check box uncheck that two boxes will appear with manufacturer and model

Scroll samsung electronics and model samsung mobile composite device that is what you want to update the driver to...

I pulled the battery then re-entered download mode and windows to over installing the rest now it works fine. I would attach images but it will not let me for some reason. if anyone can help with that I will do it later.

THIS COULD POSSIBLY help with devices not being found on computers in bootloader or just on rom loaded and running..
17th October 2013, 12:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I'm looking for a rooted stock rom but can't find it.

Edit: found it on Scotts roms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
25th November 2013, 11:29 PM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,052

Donate to Me
More
** Thread Private. PM If needed. **
Who do we PM if we lost and need to repair our IMEI? I found a tool from this forum on another site but DO NOT want to touch it. My ERI = None, IMEI = 0 and IMEISV = 00. Please let me know, thank you ........

.......... nevermind, already received a new phone from insurance but it still might be a good idea to add who we can PM about that issue, just a thought............ Thks for all your work here........
1st December 2013, 09:22 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,683

Donate to Me
More
PM Me. .

For those of you who have, sorry for the delay-- my XDA messages have been going to spam in Gmail for some reason.
5th December 2013, 11:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'd suggest adding a link for the rom comparison / family explanation at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1950824 .

It explains the different Rom families (Touchwiz, AOSP) and their subcategories, and talks about the pros and cons of the various implementations. Especially helpful is the "is this for me" summary for each flavor (cm, aokp, pa, p.a.c., etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to dstarfire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dstarfire Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)