FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Can't Establish A Connection SOLVED !!

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By 2easy4you, Member on 5th January 2013, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad english .
The Following User Says Thank You to 2easy4you For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2easy4you Ad-Free
 
 
5th January 2013, 02:27 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactFront

Google is your friend
try these see if they work
http://www.guruht.com/2010/07/htc-an...onnection.html

sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..
5th January 2013, 03:51 PM |#4  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..

Try clearing cache and data for Google framework services, playstore and play services

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 04:04 PM |#5  
ContactFront's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..

ok. go into your recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache then reboot see if helps
never had this problem myself this is all i could think of, sorry dude
The Following User Says Thank You to ContactFront For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ContactFront Ad-Free
5th January 2013, 04:09 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactFront

ok. go into your recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache then reboot see if helps
never had this problem myself this is all i could think of, sorry dude

i already do this dude . i already factory reset my phone 10x . and wipe cache wipe dalvik wipe and format . but still i experience the problem . hmm . this problem appears when i facatory reset my phone . after that i cant log in anymore on google . i try making new account . i try this dgfdgdfgsdfgsdgdf@gmail but it says that is unavailable username ..
29th May 2013, 07:48 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Thumbs up I solved this issue :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad english .

Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VivekNayyar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VivekNayyar Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 06:16 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekNayyar

Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks alot my friend, You save my life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GT-N7000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GT-N7000 Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 12:12 PM |#9  
QYOBZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Quezon City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 324
 
Donate to Me
More
search first the key
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-N7000

Thanks alot my friend, You save my life

it post here.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2110225
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QYOBZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift QYOBZ Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 06:56 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Just install adfree.. Update the hostname and its done..
Worked for me
Worth a try..
The Following User Says Thank You to lopesamit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lopesamit Ad-Free
28th November 2013, 01:54 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can't edit file
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekNayyar

Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue.

I tried everything you did but I cannot edit the hosts file,I have rooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), I am using supersu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes