FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Flashing Custom ROM on ICS 4.0.4 "SOLVED"

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By 2easy4you, Member on 5th January 2013, 04:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i have another question too . can i use this steps ->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525100 ? i want to flash viper rom or fallout .. but im in 4.0.4 ICS 3.6sense . i upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 sense 3.0 . and my hboot is 2.02 not 2.00 ..

my phone is rooted and htc dev unlocked with 4ext recovery ..

one more question . can i flash the 4.0.4 ICS RUU again ? coz im facing a problem --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2083702 .

5th January 2013, 04:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,997

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

i have another question too . can i use this steps ->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525100 ? i want to flash viper rom or fallout .. but im in 4.0.4 ICS 3.6sense . i upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 sense 3.0 . and my hboot is 2.02 not 2.00 ..

my phone is rooted and htc dev unlocked with 4ext recovery ..

one more question . can i flash the 4.0.4 ICS RUU again ? coz im facing a problem --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2083702 .

Yes you can use that method to flash any rom htcdev unlocked

You might not have an issue with a custom rom, flash it first then see if you've a problem.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 05:14 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

Yes you can use that method to flash any rom htcdev unlocked

You might not have an issue with a custom rom, flash it first then see if you've a problem.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

okay sir ill try this steps . wish i my prob will be fixed after flashing a custom rom .

but one more question sir . can i flash again my ICS RUU ? i just want to check if the problem is in there after flashing it again .

sorry for my bad english
5th January 2013, 05:24 PM |#4  

More
In order to flash the ruu again you will have to relock your bootloader

—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 05:29 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

In order to flash the ruu again you will have to relock your bootloader

—Marcel Proust

okay sir . so ill relocked it on htc dev . is it okay if ill flash the ruu even my phone is rooted and have superSU ?
5th January 2013, 05:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:

okay sir . so ill relocked it on htc dev . is it okay if ill flash the ruu even my phone is rooted and have superSU ?

As long as you don't mind losing superSU (and root) and your custom recovery, yes.
5th January 2013, 06:04 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker

As long as you don't mind losing superSU (and root) and your custom recovery, yes.

But its not that much of a chore to unlock and gain su, recovery etc after running it, is it?

—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 06:16 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker

okay sir . thanks . ill do it now coz i want to fixed my google problem so i can use market and download apps -_-
5th January 2013, 06:45 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

But its not that much of a chore to unlock and gain su, recovery etc after running it, is it?

—Marcel Proust

after flashing the ICS RUU again . my root will be gone ? and is the any error that i will face ? if i flash the ruu again coz im using it now . sorry for my bad english . i just want to know the do's and dont's
5th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

after flashing the ICS RUU again . my root will be gone ? and is the any error that i will face ? if i flash the ruu again coz im using it now . sorry for my bad english . i just want to know the do's and dont's

Ok, in my limited opinion the ruu is buggy as hell. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if you've gone down that route then i would install a custom sense rom instead. The problem with Google will probably go on a different rom if you follow instructions carefully. And remember to flash the boot.Img

—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 07:49 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Ok, in my limited opinion the ruu is buggy as hell. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if you've gone down that route then i would install a custom sense rom instead. The problem with Google will probably go on a different rom if you follow instructions carefully. And remember to flash the boot.Img

—Marcel Proust

okay sir . ill do it )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)