FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Flashing Custom ROM on ICS 4.0.4 "SOLVED"

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By 2easy4you, Member on 5th January 2013, 04:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i have another question too . can i use this steps ->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525100 ? i want to flash viper rom or fallout .. but im in 4.0.4 ICS 3.6sense . i upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 sense 3.0 . and my hboot is 2.02 not 2.00 ..

my phone is rooted and htc dev unlocked with 4ext recovery ..

one more question . can i flash the 4.0.4 ICS RUU again ? coz im facing a problem --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2083702 .
 
 
5th January 2013, 04:54 PM |#2  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

i have another question too . can i use this steps ->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525100 ? i want to flash viper rom or fallout .. but im in 4.0.4 ICS 3.6sense . i upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 sense 3.0 . and my hboot is 2.02 not 2.00 ..

my phone is rooted and htc dev unlocked with 4ext recovery ..

one more question . can i flash the 4.0.4 ICS RUU again ? coz im facing a problem --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2083702 .

Yes you can use that method to flash any rom htcdev unlocked

You might not have an issue with a custom rom, flash it first then see if you've a problem.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 05:14 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

Yes you can use that method to flash any rom htcdev unlocked

You might not have an issue with a custom rom, flash it first then see if you've a problem.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

okay sir ill try this steps . wish i my prob will be fixed after flashing a custom rom .

but one more question sir . can i flash again my ICS RUU ? i just want to check if the problem is in there after flashing it again .

sorry for my bad english
5th January 2013, 05:24 PM |#4  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
In order to flash the ruu again you will have to relock your bootloader

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 05:29 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

In order to flash the ruu again you will have to relock your bootloader

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

okay sir . so ill relocked it on htc dev . is it okay if ill flash the ruu even my phone is rooted and have superSU ?
5th January 2013, 05:55 PM |#6  
teadrinker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 485
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

okay sir . so ill relocked it on htc dev . is it okay if ill flash the ruu even my phone is rooted and have superSU ?

As long as you don't mind losing superSU (and root) and your custom recovery, yes.
5th January 2013, 06:04 PM |#7  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker

As long as you don't mind losing superSU (and root) and your custom recovery, yes.

But its not that much of a chore to unlock and gain su, recovery etc after running it, is it?

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 06:16 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker

As long as you don't mind losing superSU (and root) and your custom recovery, yes.

okay sir . thanks . ill do it now coz i want to fixed my google problem so i can use market and download apps -_-
5th January 2013, 06:45 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

But its not that much of a chore to unlock and gain su, recovery etc after running it, is it?

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

after flashing the ICS RUU again . my root will be gone ? and is the any error that i will face ? if i flash the ruu again coz im using it now . sorry for my bad english . i just want to know the do's and dont's
5th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#10  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2easy4you

after flashing the ICS RUU again . my root will be gone ? and is the any error that i will face ? if i flash the ruu again coz im using it now . sorry for my bad english . i just want to know the do's and dont's

Ok, in my limited opinion the ruu is buggy as hell. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if you've gone down that route then i would install a custom sense rom instead. The problem with Google will probably go on a different rom if you follow instructions carefully. And remember to flash the boot.Img

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust
5th January 2013, 07:49 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

Ok, in my limited opinion the ruu is buggy as hell. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if you've gone down that route then i would install a custom sense rom instead. The problem with Google will probably go on a different rom if you follow instructions carefully. And remember to flash the boot.Img

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

okay sir . ill do it )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes