I see almost everyone in L9 forum is giving reference link to this flashing guide in their threads, but almost no one is mentioning any credit to this. They are just putting links. What do you all think, pals? Do I deserve a credit or not
First thing first, this is not my original work, I have just tried to consolidate all the scattered things together for SAFE and EASY flashing and rooting of L9 variants. Written this guide as many pals were having issues with OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING and help was scattered in many pages creating more confusion.
Wow! After so much of followup with xda mods, finally we got Home (Sub-Forum) for LG L9 series.
- PLEASE, USE INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK & INTELLIGENCE.
- Flashing KDZ removes Root and CWM, so you will need to root again.
- Flashing KDZ does not wipe your data, but if you get bootloops you need to hard-reset it, so please backup data first.
DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG Optimus 2x (P990) and LG Optimus L9 (P76?)
This thread contains two "MAIN" separate parts.
- Post 1) FLASH L9 FACTORY ROM WITH OFFLINE FIX + UNBRICK by fooling Company Software Update Tool by installing local web-server as hosted LG rom database server on your pc. This always worked well for me.
- Post 2) Root Rootable KDZ with OLD Bin4ry method.
- Post 3) FAQ and More Unbrick and CWM Discussion.
- Also visit my NEW FASTER ROOT L9 METHOD for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
[GUIDE] FLASH L9 Factory ICS/JB ROM WITH OFFLINE FIX + UNBRICK
Works perfect on Win-XP/W7/W8 32bit/64bit. UNBRICKS ALL SOFT-BRICKED L9 (P760/765/P768/P769)
TRUST ME THIS IS NOT LENGTHY PROCESS, I JUST HAVE PUT THEM IN EASY STEPS FOR COMPLETE NOOB PERSON. EXPERTS PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM COMMENTING HARSH ON ME.
THIS METHOD IS ALWAYS FASTER THAN ONLINE WITH PC SUITE, WHICH DOWNLOADS HUGE FILE ONLINE AND YOU NEED TO WAIT UNTIL IT FINISHES DOWNLOADING IN THE MIDDLE OF FLASHING.
In first part of this Guide, we are creating a Local Web-Server for LG Support Tool and will try everything which will PREVENT the tool to connect to real LG server over internet. We have to create SMALL SERVER on our own system and redirect tool to this webpage.
FIRST DOWNLOAD YOUR OWN OFFICIAL KDZ (LG ROM) FILE FROM MY ROM COLLECTION PAGE or from anywhere and proceed...
___A) Select "Debugging Mode" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Developer Section)
___B) Select "Install from Unknown Sources" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Security Section)
___C) Indian version of L9 does not come with "Lookout Security Antivirus" already installed. But KDZ from other countries may have it already installed, FORCE CLOSE AND UNINSTALL it from app manager. If you cannot uninstall, at least DISABLE it. This program is known to be preventing connection and rooting of device.
___D) Remove all other USB devices (external hdd, backup drives, other phones, etc) and cables connected to PC to avoid issued due to voltage loss. (example)
___E) OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR PHONE IN ANY CASE.
1) Find NOTEPAD program from StartMenu of Windows and Right Click on it and run it with "Run as Administrator" option. Remember use "Run as Administrator" while opening, otherwise you will not be able to save it after changes.
Now you need to open "HOSTS" file located in folder "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" with following method.
Click File Menu >>> Open File >>> Now copy-paste following in "Open File" Box.
When file is opened, add following lines at bottom of "hosts" file, a file with no extension like txt/doc/xls.
Content of Hosts file looks like this sample file. Close this file , because we may not need it after this point.
AND RESTART PC NOW (check if lines are still there after Restart. They should be there.)
2) INSTALLING SMALL SERVER: Download "shttps.zip" (attached below) and Extract the Zipped folder "shttps" in root of C-drive of your computer.
Now Right click on "C:\shttps\http.exe" file and "Run As Administrator" and in Windows Compatibility Mode with "WindowsXP SP3" (must for Win7/8) , a server status window will open "MINIMIZE IT BUT DONT CLOSE IT" and you will also see a SMALL SERVER icon in TASKBAR, like mentioned below.
WEBSERVER TESTING: If webserver is running correct, YOU SHOULD SEE A SWEET GIRL WITH L9 WHEN YOU CLICK THIS >>> http://127.0.0.1:9002
If you don't see a GIRL, something is wrong. Start again.
COMING TO ACTUAL FLASH PROCESS.
3) Download (attached) and Extract "KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip" and save the folder on desktop or any suitable place on your hard-disk.
4) Optional if "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" is already installed before: Install it by finding and installing "msxml.msi" file in flash folder.
5A) Optional if "B2CAppClient" is already installed before: Internet Must be ON and Right-Click on B2CAppSetup.exe and Run As Administrator. If not installed before, it will download a setup file, will install it and open "LGMOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" box as shown below. Without doing anything just close this box because we will install latest LG Universal Android driver manually in next step.
5B) Optional if "LG Android USB Driver" is already installed before: Install latest "LG USB Driver (Download 4.0.4 here)" Remember your Phone is not connected yet.
NOW YOU ARE ALL SET AND READY TO FLASH
6) Never installed JellyBean before and with Locked Bootloader? Then Connect Phone in Software Upgrade Mode: Switch OFF the phone and Press VolumeUP button and insert USB cable into phone, Now phone should show SW Upgrade Mode.
Let windows load any drivers, wait until it finishes. TWO ENTRIES SHOULD APPEAR IN DEVICE MANAGER IF DRIVERS ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED, LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT or this screenshot. (ignore detected entries in following screenshot, they will be different every time)
Post-JB issue: If you have installed JellyBean before, Phone may not go in "Software Upgrade Mode" or Flashing stops at 14% in 11th step.
Then do this WORKAROUND: Keep the Phone POWERED ON with USB connected and on "LG Software" mode and do next step of flashing KDZ with Update tool and the phone will automatically go in software upgrade mode.
IMPORTANT: Do not change names of the KDZ files from LG server or downloaded from my this and this page. (They should look like.... "V10G_00.kdz" or other version in same style.)
8) Now "Read Phone Information" box will open with blank information, Just press "Upgrade Start"
9) A small box at bottom-right side may appear like below, which you may "ignore" or "cancel"
10) Now "Select country and language" small box will open. Here select "Different Country" and "English" and press "OK".
11) Now actual flashing will start and PHONE UPDATE TOOL (shown below) will appear, and if your KDZ file is good flashing will end without any issue.
JUST RELAX!! SIT BACK WITH HANDS FOLDED BEHIND HEAD AND WATCH IT HAPPENING.
When it finishes full flashing and phone will start rebooting.
YOU CAN REMOVE CABLE AFTER 100%, AND FLASHING IS FINISHED!!! Close all programs.
FLASHING ERROR AT THIS POINT? If you have installed JB before then your flashing may stop at 4% to 14%. This may be due JB rom already installed before or due to driver not completely installed for "SW Upgrade Mode".
WORKAROUND: Cancel flashing by exiting LG Update Tool. Phone should be still in SW Upgrade Mode, Remove USB Cable, wait 10 seconds, Insert USB cable again and let all drivers install for this mode. The device manager should look LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT. START AGAIN FROM STEP 6 (Read about Post-JB Issue)
BOOTLOOPS? STUCK AT LG LOGO? : Dont worry!!! If you were on CM and flashed JB or vice versa or your data partition is not matching with new partitions, then your phone may get BOOTLOOPS on LG Logo.
HARD-RESET to solve it (Press VolDown, Home and Power all together) You will loose data, dont worry, before starting you took BACKUP and I am sure about it. Phone should start normally. (Click for correct method of HARDRESET)
You're done!!! Phone is FLASHED!!!
12) Remove lines we added from HOSTS file mentioned above. Do it now!!! Dont complaint later that LG KDZ download links are not working. LOLZ
IMP NOTE: This is also called OFFLINE FOTA and all your Phone Settings, DATA on internal card and external card and also the installed APPLICATIONS will remain as it is. Enjoy!!
TROUBLESHOOTING, IN CASE OF ANY ISSUES: Check following workarounds.
- Uninstall LG Driver, RESTART PC and then REINSTALL DRIVER before connecting phone to pc.
- Run B2CAppSetup.exe and let it download and install LG Support Tool. After it opens just close it because it will not be needed later.
- After Adding lines in HOSTS file, confirm if file is saved or not and then RESTART PC to see the added lines are there or not. This is to be done after first step is done.
- Sometimes the downloaded file could be corrupted too. Do fresh download when your internet connection is good.
- "Microsoft Security Essential" (Antivirus+Firewall) falsely recognizes "C:\shttps\http.exe" as virus (false alarm) and blocks it. Either allow it to execute or Get RID of this Antivirus.
Also Visit Post Number 3 for FAQ with more queries.
B) Root Rootable KDZ with OLD Bin4ry method.
Second Post ...
Download from Mirror Links
1) https.zip (dev-host server link)