"" how to make custom rom easily ""
I ve seen that many newbies r comming & making roms & then discontinued it due to lack of information about making a rom. so i decided to make a thread with all possible ways to teach these newbies about making a custom rom using ur stock rom......
Today i m presenting a tutorial on how to make a rom...........
The easiest way u will ever have seen.......
in this tutorial we will be using Cygwin as shell, with Dsixda's Android Kitchen to make a custom rom.............
- Cygwin with Packages and Dsixda's Android Kitchen
- JRE or JDK
- A stock rom.zip [odexed/deodexed]
-Windows OS [xp,7]
- A sharp mind........
## lets start with our tutorial................
1. download cygwin & jdk/jre from above links..........
how to install java--------
Go to the--- http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
click on red-colored banner, [free java download]
Click the "Agree and Start Free Download" button.
Save the file to your desktop.
On your desktop, double-click the installer that you downloaded.
If an authorization window appears:
In Windows XP, click the Run button.
In Windows Vista, click the Continue button.
In Windows 7, click the Yes button.
Click the Install button.
If you are prompted by an advertising offer, decline the offer:
After the installation finishes, click the Close button.
download the cygwin packages.rar from above
extract it to c:\cygwin folder
now navigate to C:\cygwin\home\
here create a folder of ur windows username like this
now extract kitchen.rar [present in C:\cygwin\home\ ] contents in "C:\cygwin\home\username\kitchen\"
take a look at address bar of this example --- here
Go to the original_update folder (located in: C:\cygwin\home\username\kitchen) like this
add ur stock rom.zip here which u want to modify........
or there is an dummyrom.zip which u can use as a base zip.......
1. Open Cygwin (X:\Cygwin\Cygwin.bat) [located in cygwin folder]
2. Once loaded, enter: "cd kitchen" > Enter
3. now type "sh menu" The kitchen menu will now start........ for refrence click here
if u will be able to see the above picture then congratulations..........
u have setup cygwin with disxda packages correctly......
Setting up a working folder: --------
[indent]1. Press 1 > Enter
2. Press Enter and wait...
3. Choose (1) dummyrom.zip OR (2) Ur stock rom.zip
4. Choose "y" > Enter > Enter a new name (I chose WORKING_abhi922) > Enter
(now wait until the zip is extracted)
5.now it will ask u to convert "updater script" to "update script"........
6.press 2 & enter
7. now u have setup working folder correctly..... press enter......
8. now again main screen will be appear with alot of options.............
here u ve a working folder & options in front of u ...........
u have to press button for respective functions like
1. u can press 2 to add root to ur rom..........
2. u can press 3 to add busybox support to ur rom
3. similarly press different numbers for different option.........
now if u want to deodex ur rom---------
press 0 for advance options
following image willl appear----
press 11 to deodex ur rom..............
u just need to read proper instruction written before options -that's all........
now u need to zipalign all apks after all modifications
zipalign apps in ROM-----------
choose option 6
then click enter & follow on screen instructions......
BUILD UR ROM-----------
1. Press 99 > EnterThe zip that can be found in the directory above can be flashable in CWM. Ejoy your own custom rom
2. Press 1 > Enter
3. Press "n" > Enter
4. Press "y" > Enter
5. Press "y" > Enter > "EnterANewZipName" > Enter
6. Now your cwm zip will be located at: C:\cygwin\home\username\kitchen\OUTPUT_ZIP
special thanks to -------
disxda kitchen developers
cygwin windows developer
sorry if i forget ur name