FORUMS

[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Umts_Everest

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,480

By teameos, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th January 2013, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
Resize Navigation Bar
Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
EOS Status Bar Toggles
Status Bar Color
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
Disable/Enable CRT Animation
Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
Performance Settings
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
Eos Control Center
MORE...

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
Code:
Phone: for T9 dialer support
MMS
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Branches:
Code:
libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Changlog
Contribute
Gerrit Review
Gitweb for GPL compliance
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to teameos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teameos Ad-Free
8th January 2013, 12:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Ha nice timing, I installed the wingray EOS 4 lastnight as I'm not bothered about 3g on my device as I never use it, next day, bang here is the Everest version...
The Following User Says Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trig0r Ad-Free
8th January 2013, 12:45 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig0r

Ha nice timing, I installed the wingray EOS 4 lastnight as I'm not bothered about 3g on my device as I never use it, next day, bang here is the Everest version...

I've had everest for a couple weeks. Just waited till some of the bugs worked out. I pushed a commit trying to fix Apn Settings before the latest nightly started. Let me know if it worked.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free
8th January 2013, 01:10 PM |#4  
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Smile wifi hotspot
How about the WiFi hotspot bug that any devices can't detect it? Is it fixed with the new gapps?
The Following User Says Thank You to GedeWK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GedeWK Ad-Free
8th January 2013, 01:56 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GedeWK

How about the WiFi hotspot bug that any devices can't detect it? Is it fixed with the new gapps?

Not fixed yet and not a gapps issue. I talked with tdr and we think it's a permissions issue with proprietary apks.
8th January 2013, 02:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I do not know is it bug or its my kayboard related, but i'm using kaymapper, before i figured out with keyboard layout in /system/user/...
But in terminal emulator i cant use from f1-f4 or f5 . I have moto keyboard on bluetooth . Whats can be wrong even in Generic files key surely good set... in defaults settings. exp. FN+f1 to achieve truelly f1 give me "P" ,FN+F2 / and FN+F3 R LOL ?
8th January 2013, 02:41 PM |#7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 19

More
#138 is out

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA Premium HD app
8th January 2013, 02:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog

I've had everest for a couple weeks. Just waited till some of the bugs worked out. I pushed a commit trying to fix Apn Settings before the latest nightly started. Let me know if it worked.

Nope Still same
http://pastebin.com/UZf8BzeZ
8th January 2013, 03:27 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucio1200

Nope Still same
http://pastebin.com/UZf8BzeZ

/me downs some whiskey to deal with apn depression.

Ok can you please see if third party apn tools work. I need a temporary solution until I squash this thing.
8th January 2013, 04:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Right so since the previous thread was closed, If i flash the nightly build over eos 3.0, 4.1.1 stable will i have to do a wipe?. I know about titanium backup etc, just wanted to know if i could just flash this one without having the need to wipe etc so all app would stay
8th January 2013, 05:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, I've just tried with "Offline SIM APN Database" which now produces an error
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog

/me downs some whiskey to deal with apn depression.

Ok can you please see if third party apn tools work. I need a temporary solution until I squash this thing.

I've tried with "Offline SIM APN Database" and it no longer is able to modify the apn settings as the process stops
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)