[Q] Certain Files not displayed on PC Please Help

Search This thread
Oct 29, 2010
OK guys I am in a bit of a Pickle here.

I plugged my phone into a PC in Bangkok to print out some PDFs containing flight information.

the pc started making .exe files on my phone with duplicate names of existing folders. e.g i have a folder called media on my phone so an exe called media.exe was created DCIM.exe and so on.

i plugged the phone into my laptop and ESET found a high amount of infiltrations over 400 which it cleaned by deleting. these were all the duplicate . exe files that it flagged as worms and Trojans.

now when i plug my phone into my laptop only certain files are visible. this is on the external SD and the phone itself. the files exist on the phone and SD card as i can see them all in in the explorer app such as all of my pictures and music camera photos etc, but alas the pc will not display these folders but when i click properties on the drive name in my computer it shows the free and used space correctly.

please do you have any suggestions ? my phone is rooted and i am using the alliance ROM. and do not want to brick this device just because of a stupid Asian virus.

thank you for any help you can offer

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Alliance rom? JB or ICS?
Cuz in JB there is an issue with mtp of not displaying all files.
In ics, you can try to format your internal sd card and restore the data and check.
For this boot into recovery. Go to mounts and storage and mount usb storage. Connect to pc and this time you should see everything. If yes, copy all data to pc and format the storage using pc or format/emmc. Then put back the data. Reboot and check.

Reactions: fistofthenorth

stogistogi

Oct 4, 2012
London
yes either using the recovery option or using the drives displayed on the screen when connected to PC

What is the use?
If he formats it he will lose the files he is trying to access.
I have the same problem but I don't have any viruses. Just ask the photos from the last two months don't show when viewed from a Windows PC across a USB connection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alliance rom? JB or ICS?
    Cuz in JB there is an issue with mtp of not displaying all files.
    In ics, you can try to format your internal sd card and restore the data and check.
    For this boot into recovery. Go to mounts and storage and mount usb storage. Connect to pc and this time you should see everything. If yes, copy all data to pc and format the storage using pc or format/emmc. Then put back the data. Reboot and check.
    yes either using the recovery option or using the drives displayed on the screen when connected to PC