Unlimited data + Tethering

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They can't do anything do to the new laws. If they do your could potentially sue them.

They are allowed verizon can't do anything about it as long as the fcc is there. Also they would terminate your account they'd just want you to pay for a tethering plan and the data that you've used.

Um, yes they can if you are on unlimited. FCC even knows about it.

http://www.fcc.gov/document/verizon-wireless-pay-125-million-settle-investigation

In addition, the company recently revised its service offerings such that consumers on usage-based
    pricing plans may tether, using any application, without paying an additional fee.
    -FCC-
    For news and information about the FCC, please visit: www.fcc.gov

The FCC ruling does not include grandfathered plans.

The ruling is almost entirely about tethering apps, not service. Verizon gets through on a loophole due to CDMA being included in a lot of this stuff. Try to take them to court on it, I dare ya ;)
    I'm right for now?

Oh lord.

They may reserve the right, but that doesn't mean the FCC cannot fine them. They already showed willingness to violate their agreement with blocking tethering apps. Despite the reasonable use clause, the FCC still stuck them with a 1.25 mil fine. Degradation of any data capable app is a violation of their purchase agreement.

Welcome to my ignore list. I should have listened to droidstyle sooner.