I purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX525 a few months ago and noticed that there were official remote control apps for Android and iPhone from Sony but, unfortunatelly, not for WP7 (not even an unofficial one). Since I own a LG Optimus 7 I got curious about this and started to develop something similar for myself, specifically because I hate using the stock remote control to enter text.
I based my work on this blog post http://blogs.msdn.com/b/andypennell/...discovery.aspx. Many thanks to Andy Pennell for that, his post was really helpful and a great starting point.
The app requires you to be on the same network as the TV.
If you want to try this make sure the TV is ON (give it time to initialize the services. It cannot be turned on/off with this app because it has to talk to the IRCC service that is only available when the device is ON). See the screen of your TV the first time you run the app because it requires that you register your device in order to be able to iterate.
I appreciate your feedbacks, suggestions, bug report or questions that you may have.
Tested on models:
- KDL-40EX525 (mine)
- KDL-32HX758 (thanks lordmaxey)
It should work on:
- Blu-ray Disc(TM) players: BDP-S370, S470, S570, S770, S1700, BX37, BX57, S380, S480, S580, S780, BX38, BX58, S390, S490, S590, S790, BX39, BX59, NSZ-GP9
- Blu-ray Disc(TM) Home Theater Systems: BDV-IZ1000W, HZ970W, E970W, E870, E770W, E670W, E570, E470, E370, T57, F7, F700, F500, E985W, E980W, E980, E880, E780W, E580, E380, T58, L800M, L800, L600, N990W, N890W, N790W, N590, E690, E490, E385, E390, E290, E190, NF720, NF620, EF420, EF220, T79, T39
- Streaming Player/Network Media Player: SMP-N100, SMP-N200, NSZ-GP7
- AV Receiver: STR-DN1020, STR-DN1030, STR-DA1800ES
- BRAVIA: KDL-HX92 series, HX82 series, HX72 series, NX72 series, EX72 series, EX62 series, EX52 series, EX42 series, EX32 series, CX52 series, HX85 series, HX75 series, EX65 series, EX55 series
- Sony Internet TV: NSX-24GT1, 32GT1, 40GT1, 46GT1, NSZ-GT1
- VAIO: VAIO L (SVL241)