On your PC:
1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website
2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers
3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/en/root/
Further steps obsolete, because they're offering an english Root-Tool now.
But for the sake of completion, they will remain here:
In case you don't understand what you do:
- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
- During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking
the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow
4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging
On your PC:
5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)
6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)
7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)
on your device:
8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)
9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU
10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup
11. => you're done.
if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click
then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...
else: have fun!
PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post12972