Basically this patch is original work by HiroyukiIkezoe (hiikezoe) on his kernel. I just apply his codes & try to compile it.
Since I don't know how to unpack & repack boot.img on cm-10.1, I use stratosk ramdisk with some modification to suite my needs. I failed to clone & fork it, maybe because too big, so I download it as zip file, make some changes & push it to github with smaller size.
First install from stock rom:
A. Install CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVT-v4.3-CWM3RFS.zip with odin. Read about how to get odin and using it from
SC-02B Root, Latest Firmware, CWM & Compatible ROMs by IparryU
B. Edit build.prop file from root explorer or similar function, change SC-02B to GT-I9000
ro.product.model=SC-02B ro.product.name=SC-02B ro.product.device=SC-02B ro.product.board=SC-02B ro.build.product=SC-02B
ro.product.model=GT-I9000 ro.product.name=GT-I9000 ro.product.device=GT-I9000 ro.product.board=GT-I9000 ro.build.product=GT-I9000
D. Download & install LL1 Modem
E. Download & install this 3 files:
1. Kernel: nutest_sc02b-mMdD.zip or stock/mackay/semaphore unofficial ports from Download Link
2. LL1 GPS and RIL binaries
3. JB_BigMem_26-aug-12.zip by kasper_h
F. Reboot and go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile networks > Network operators & Choose automatically
G. Edit build.prop file from
1. Read the rom thread for download info & install guide, like step C. Don't install rom with original partition, since the kernel didn't support it!
2. Repeat E, F, G & H steps.
For baseband unknown, no network and data not connected try this steps:
- Turn off data.
- Turn on Airplane Mode from setting menu.
- Wait 1-2 minutes after bootanimation end, then turn off Airplane Mode.
1. Airplane Mode on-off toggle often not work.
2. GPS takes too long time before lock with poor accuracy.
Unofficial Kernel Ports:
I add various kernel based on i9000 version, read about the feature or change logs on it's original thread but don't report any bugs (except you can prove it happened in original version)!!!
>> Stock cm-10.1 kernel
Finally (May 2013) I found proper way to unpack stock kernel using this kernel-repack and repack again using a part of script from here
It's not real stock, but I think close enough to the origin. You may need revert the bigmem patch by install this if you have problem with video capture/playback function.
sc02b changes: stock-cm branch
>> Semaphore kernel ("s" variant only)
info: original thread
sc02b changes: sema branch
>> Mackay kernel ("vc" flavour only)
info: original thread
sc02b changes: mackay branch
>> Devil kernel *obsolete*
info: helly bean rom thread since no separate thread for devil kernel on cm-10.1
sc02b changes: devil branch
If latest (LL1) didn't make you happy, read about older modem in this post
- all epic4g, nexus s/s4g & i9000 variants kernel devs
- all sc-02b tester & users
- ramdisk for semaphore