For a long time, I have struggled to find a solution to a very basic question. How do I extract the files/apps from my Nandroid Backups directly on my PC?
If you have been wondering about this too and haven't found a solution yet, this guide is for you!
Tool (See Attachment) : Unyaffs: Unyaffs is a program/binary to extract files from a yaffs file system image. Now it can only extract images created by mkyaffs2image. To know more head here (Do not download anything from there)
1. Copy your Nandroid backup image file/s(Eg system.img or data.img etc) to a suitable folder on your PC. (Keep the original copy intact, just duplicate any/all image files that you want to extract)
2. Download the attachment and extract its contents (unyaffs.exe and cywin1.dll) to the same folder as your Nandroid image file/s.
3. Open a command window in that folder (Shift + Right Click -->> open command window here)
4. Now type the following command to extract the desired image file.
Note: xxxx is any .img file you want to extract eg system.img, data.img etc etcCode:unyaffs xxxx.img
5. Wait. The tool will display "end of image" when it is done.
6. The extracted data should be in the same directory as the tool is.
Eg. If you want to restore/extract your contacts:
Extract the data.img
Your contacts will be in:Code:unyaffs data.img