FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Headset][Challenge][TIP] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to €50 MAX.

5,770 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,310

By betoNL, Senior Member on 14th January 2013, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok, as I did long ago on the sgs1 forum ( The sgs1 also comes with a Wolfson dac) and Note1 , starting same challenge here too .

There are tons of excellent headsets out there but quite pricey...

So the real challenge is to find , good quality/low price or let's say low-budget / high quality ones ( € 50,- MAX )...

I tested many and here are my tips :

the AKG K 430

More pics here

Some specs:

Impendance : 32 ohm
Sensitivity : 125 dB/V
Max input power : 30 mW
Frequency response : 12Hz - 28kHz

Not bad for the price huh? I paid actually 42 euros here in Holland (Makro) , it's maybe cheaper on e-bay, but who wants to wait ?

It's reasonably comfortable, foldable (3D axis - to fit the included case) and got a volume slider !

Dont ask me about durability, I just bought it ... ( Edit: Yep it's durable !)
And what a sound !

And...for the " in-ears" category I got these ones :

Quote:
Originally Posted by milpan

JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!
10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
Rubber protectors for body durability
Superior sound isolation
Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
Special hard carrying case included
S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug

I paid around * 17.00 * euros for it and it seems that it's even cheaper right now

Great sound - great value for money !

When posting also specify the specs, like Sensitivity, frequency response, impendance, input power, etc etc. , meaning not only name and price !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoNL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift betoNL Ad-Free

10th September 2013, 09:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up .
Great tips, thanks !

Both sets are great and inexpensive
11th September 2013, 09:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
AKG = Great headset and with a volume silder

19th September 2013, 07:47 PM |#4  
Flag Duhok
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i use and recommend Sony MDR-ZX100
and they're cheap
The Following User Says Thank You to beyarfaj2004 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beyarfaj2004 Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 02:59 AM |#5  
I'm going to win this "challenge"...

I got these white replica Beats by Dr. Dre Studio from the Futian District in Shenzhen for about $48 USD (~€35), and I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of replicas. I call these 'replicas' and not 'fakes' or 'counterfeits' because of the extremely high level of accuracy they replicate the real ones at.

Let's begin!

First, fakes or counterfeits usually lack a 10-digit alphanumeric serial number on the inside of the left ear cup. Not with this pair - the sicker is present, and has a semi-matte finish just like the real ones. This serial number was also verifiable on the old Monster Beats website (now non-existent due to Monster's break-up with Beats).

Same goes with the 7-digit (one letter followed by 6 numbers) serial number on the inside of the battery cover. Most fakes have this, but not the 10-digit alphanumeric one.

External appearance and material quality-wise, this replica is spot-on. The branding on the headband is clear and not deformed, and the glossy white finish is perfectly uniform with no visible defects whatsoever.

Another thing that fakes can't get right is the spacing between the headband cushion and the stainless steel spacers between it and the matte-plastic components. Fakes will leave a noticeably wide spacing, revealing the internal headband and the wire running through it. Not with this pair! The cushion fits snugly with the bracket.

The brushed stainless steel headband extensions are very well made, and they click into place with a nice and solid click.

The box seems legit, but Dre's face is still a bit high on contrast. Who cares about the box, anyway? It's the headphone that counts.

The serial number underneath the box has a matching serial number, but the text on the left probably stands for "Monster Headphone Beats Mixr On-Ear", but whatever.

The hard case feels solid, and the zip doesn't seem like it will break easily.

Box contents are complete, with the two cables (one with mic and button, one without), 3.5 to 6.3 mm adapter and flight adapter. It also comes with shrink-wrapped AAA Duracells. The clean cloth has nice stitching around the edges.

Now onto the internal components. This replica uses the exact same speaker drivers, noise cancelling microphones (one in each ear cup) and active noise cancelling amplifier circuit as the real ones. This means they have the exact same audible range (20-20,000 Hz) and the same bass-heavy audio (but surprisingly less muddy than the real ones). The circuit does a mediocre job at noise cancelling, also having the same noisy hiss like the real ones.

As seen here, the circuit board is like a clone of the real one, seen in comparison with an official picture. It even has the same dual-color LED that changes color when the battery is low. The only difference I can see is the Monster branding on the power switch.

The circuit board mainly uses two ICs to achieve the unique Beats EQ effect - the Maxim Integrated MAX4410EUD+ 141 and two ON Semiconductor MC33202 (ALGW?) ICs. The Maxim provides a -3 dB high-pass filter to decrease treble (thereby increasing bass). I'm not sure what is responsible for the ANC though, the 33202's look like they're independent amps driving the left and right channels.

...And all of this for only €35! Definitely 'beats' the €200-€300 price of the real ones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vantt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vantt1 Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 04:53 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2,642

More
AWESOME reply!!! That is my kind of review with a circuit analysis

Guess what? I have this guy coming to me in the mail next week: http://dx.com/p/syllable-g04-201-wir...d-black-194551 - will review it in details here. I think they switched from putting Beats label to using "Syllable" but it's exactly the same thing, the one you just reviewed. I can't wait to examine it and to review the sound quality!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 06:36 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Here, there, everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Yess...can't wait for your confirmation report and how long it took to arrive, since you it's going to shipped to Holland where I also live..

Thanks guys

21st September 2013, 07:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can you post a link to the beats replicas??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
21st September 2013, 07:24 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Here, there, everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

AWESOME reply!!! That is my kind of review with a circuit analysis

Guess what? I have this guy coming to me in the mail next week: http://dx.com/p/syllable-g04-201-wir...d-black-194551 - will review it in details here. I think they switched from putting Beats label to using "Syllable" but it's exactly the same thing, the one you just reviewed. I can't wait to examine it and to review the sound quality!!!

By the way, how you know it's exactly the same thing?

21st September 2013, 07:29 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Here, there, everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1

I'm going to win this "challenge"...

I got these white replica Beats by Dr. Dre Studio from the Futian District in Shenzhen for xxxxxxxx knip xxxxxxxxxx

How you got them? How did you order?

21st September 2013, 11:35 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by betoNL

How you got them? How did you order?

I actually bought the aforementioned pair in person when on a trip to Hong Kong, since the Futian District is very close from there. I've bought them online before though, and I can say that it's better to buy in person.

Their online store is on AliExpress, called 'Wecome Technology'. You'll need to make an AliExpress account, then contact Ms. Angel Wu from the store, and ask for a Beats Headphone Catalog. They also sell other headphones like Bose QC15, B&W P5 and some Skullcandy sets. If you're interested in those, ask for a 'Hotsell headphone catalog'.

There are a few grades of copy headphones; in every case, aim to buy the higher quality/more expensive one. I bought a cheaper silver Monster Beats Studio before, and the colors were very inaccurate. The silver version shouldn't have red at all anywhere on the headphone.

Anyway, the combined cost of one (Studio) headphone should be $60-70 USD including EMS shipping costs. The Mixr and Solos are cheaper, at around $40-$50 total.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by betoNL

By the way, how you know it's exactly the same thing?

I'd like to know too. I doubt it's going to be exactly the same thing, since there are countless factories making these headphones. The Syllables might have darker gray matte-plastic components, or the ear cup can slide side to side (not fixed in the center). I think that if the manufacturer isn't going to put the real logo on, then quality/accuracy might not be the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to vantt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vantt1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
headphone, headset, note2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)