FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]How to port AOKP JB and Themed ROMs

1,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,078

Post Reply Email Thread
Many a people have asked me regarding how to port the famous AOKP Rom Based on Jellybean to their devices and also the method of porting themed ROMs, the easy way, without any hassles at all! Here we go!

How To Port AOKP JB

Prerequisites
  1. You must use same versions of android.For example, both your port (AOKP) and base(usually Cyanogenmod) must be of same versions.In this case 4.1.1 or 4.2.1.
  2. Try to port from same manufacturer, though different manufacturers does not affect too much.

Procedure

1.Copy App, Media and Framework Folders from your to be ported AOKP Rom.
2.Delete App, Media and Framework Folders from your base Cm10 ROM.
3.Paste App, Media and Framework Folders in you base CM10 Rom.
4.It should work fine.Did i just say fine?Nahh... It should and it will work great
5.If it doesn't boot up, try replacing libandroid_runtime.so.That is copy it from system/lib of your AOKP rom to Cm10 ROM.
6.That's it.You have just successfully made an AOKP JB Rom of your own!!

Remember that suppose your base (CM10) rom has some issues like camera, gps, etc., your AOKP JB would have it as well as you have based it on CM10...

Now for Porting Themed ROMs

Remember That this is not necessarily for same android versions.You can use it to port themed roms of ICS to JB, or even from gingerbread to JB without any problems

Procedure

1.Copy app, media, framework and fonts folder from the themed rom(example Xperia JB).
2.Delete App, Media and Framework Folders from your base Cm10 ROM.
3.Paste App, Media, FOnt and Framework Folders of you xperia jb rom(themed rom)in you base CM10 Rom.
4.Now, here lies the difference.See this carefully.

Go to build.prop in system of you themed Xperia JB ROM that has to be ported
Open it with Notepad++.
Copy the following lines (remember that this is for Xperia Jb in particular.It will differ for others such as sense themed,touchwizz themed,etc.What this does, is that it sets the theme as default...
Quote:

persist.sys.themeId=xperias
persist.sys.themePackageName=com.jasonevil.theme.x perias

It would look something like the image below

5.Paste these in the build.prop of your base cm10 rom below the lines "like ro.config.ringtone, ro.config.alarm_alert.These are sometimes not present.So you generally add it below the ADDITIONAL BUILD PROPERTIES section

Something like the image guys

6.That's it, you just got an amazing themed ROM!!!

So, go ahead and make your own Sense, touchwizz, Xperia and other themed ROMS,,,
cheers
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to -NickHalden- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -NickHalden- Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 05:50 PM |#2  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 4,316

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityalahiri13

4.Now, here lies the difference.See this carefully.

Go to build.prop in system of you themed Xperia JB ROM that has to be ported
Open it with Notepad++.
Copy the following lines (remember that this is for Xperia Jb in particular.It will differ for others such as sense themed,touchwizz themed,etc.What this does, is that it sets the theme as default...

It would look something like the image below

5.Copy these in the build.prop of you base cm10 rom below the lines "ro.config.ringtone, ro.config.alarm_alert.

Just like the image guys

One error
These lines(line associated with theme) can be copied anywhere in the build.prop but you should copy it after device configuration or in ADDITIONAL BUILD PROPERTIES SO THAT IT WOULD BE EASY FOR EVERYONE TO FIND THE LINE..

I am telling this to you because some Rom's build.prop file do not have these lines ro.config.ringtone, ro.config.alarm_alert.
:thumbup:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rishabh.raj37 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rishabh.raj37 Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 05:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh.raj37

One error
These lines(line associated with theme) can be copied anywhere in the build.prop but you should copy it after device configuration or in ADDITIONAL BUILD PROPERTIES SO THAT IT WOULD BE EASY FOR EVERYONE TO FIND THE LINE..

I am telling this to you because some Rom's build.prop file do not have these lines ro.config.ringtone, ro.config.alarm_alert.
:thumbup:

thanks for suggesting..cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -NickHalden- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -NickHalden- Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 08:03 PM |#4  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 1,400

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the guide!
I really only need the simple 6-step procedure at the beginning...
Yet I don't fully understand what I'm supposed to do.

Say I have an unzipped CM10 ROM, for a device codenamed 'nozomi', for instance, ready.
Then what? Do I download an AOKP ROM for a 'nozomi' and just copy/paste the folders listed above?
But does that change anything (excluding the files I haven't deleted), since AOKP uses the same CM ROM as I am (though the CM ROM is a bit updated, some stability improvements...). (Also, do the CM improvements disappear after deleting the folders?)

OR, do I download an AOKP ROM for a device with SPECS similar to the 'nozomi'?
That way, I actually change something, but the stability more or less depends on the stability of the AOKP ROM, no?

Sorry for being noob-ish, but to a non-native English speaker, that's a bit confusing :S
Thanks
13th April 2013, 07:35 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone755

Thanks for the guide!
I really only need the simple 6-step procedure at the beginning...
Yet I don't fully understand what I'm supposed to do.

Say I have an unzipped CM10 ROM, for a device codenamed 'nozomi', for instance, ready.
Then what? Do I download an AOKP ROM for a 'nozomi' and just copy/paste the folders listed above?
But does that change anything (excluding the files I haven't deleted), since AOKP uses the same CM ROM as I am (though the CM ROM is a bit updated, some stability improvements...). (Also, do the CM improvements disappear after deleting the folders?)

OR, do I download an AOKP ROM for a device with SPECS similar to the 'nozomi'?
That way, I actually change something, but the stability more or less depends on the stability of the AOKP ROM, no?

Sorry for being noob-ish, but to a non-native English speaker, that's a bit confusing :S
Thanks

you download an AOKP ROM for a device with SPECS similar to the 'nozomi'
No, the stability depends on your base rom, for instance your cm10 rom
The Following User Says Thank You to -NickHalden- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -NickHalden- Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 04:10 PM |#6  
Flag Ljubljana

Donate to Me
More
Wow, thanks
So that's all there is to it? Copying?
Just one more question, with an example:
Say network doesn't work good on 'nozomi's' AOKP, but works perfectly on CM10.
If I do a port, does that make the new ported AOKP's network alright?

Also, the 'specs'; does that mean just the same motherboard or the exact same screen, motherboard, CPU clock etc.?
Because the Evo3d and the nozomi have the same motherboard...

Thanks again
13th April 2013, 04:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wow, thanks
So that's all there is to it? Copying?
Just one more question, with an example:
Say network doesn't work good on 'nozomi's' AOKP, but works perfectly on CM10.
If I do a port, does that make the new ported AOKP's network alright?

Also, the 'specs'; does that mean just the same motherboard or the exact same screen, motherboard, CPU clock etc.?
Because the Evo3d and the nozomi have the same motherboard...

Thanks again

Yes if your base cm10 has perfect network your aokp will have perfect network as well.
Specs basically is resolution, and arm architecture.
No it isn't just copying mate. Try making from source

Sent from my ST21i2 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to -NickHalden- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -NickHalden- Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 06:05 PM |#8  
Flag Ljubljana

Donate to Me
More
Making from source... I've tried and I'm still trying, but my PC is too c**p to even do 'repo sync' correctly -.-'
Though building AOKP from CM sources can't be that hard, I've found a ton of tutorials...
Winzip porting however, is really simple as you present it in OP...
So, I need a phone with an ARMv7 Rev4 (v7l) CPU and 720p display... Anyone know where I can find that?
Or do I leave all the little bits of info out of there and only search for an ARMv7 CPU and 720p screen?
(So you're saying I can port AOKP from the HOX to a Sony phone? )

Sorry again -.-
And thanks

EDIT: Wait, nevermind... Wikipedia's 'Snapdragon' article helped me; the HTC Rezound's specs are almost identical to those of teh Xperia S
Thanks anyways
13th April 2013, 07:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Making from source... I've tried and I'm still trying, but my PC is too c**p to even do 'repo sync' correctly -.-'
Though building AOKP from CM sources can't be that hard, I've found a ton of tutorials...
Winzip porting however, is really simple as you present it in OP...
So, I need a phone with an ARMv7 Rev4 (v7l) CPU and 720p display... Anyone know where I can find that?
Or do I leave all the little bits of info out of there and only search for an ARMv7 CPU and 720p screen?
(So you're saying I can port AOKP from the HOX to a Sony phone? )

Sorry again -.-
And thanks

EDIT: Wait, nevermind... Wikipedia's 'Snapdragon' article helped me; the HTC Rezound's specs are almost identical to those of teh Xperia S
Thanks anyways

Give a shot at it. Hope that you port it successfully
13th April 2013, 07:49 PM |#10  
Flag Ljubljana

Donate to Me
More
Thanks, I got the permissions to port this.
Great, so I started porting and I finished... adb push; flash; reboot; aaaand, I'm stuck at bootanimation...
Though I don't see any difference between the libandroid_runtime.so between the two ROMs, I'll try replacing them anyways...
I'll edit this post on next flash and let you know how it's going!

Thanks for all your help

EDIT: No luck even after changing the lib... Any ideas?
I'm just stuck at the bootanimation, no other signs of life on my phone...
14th April 2013, 05:08 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, I got the permissions to port this.
Great, so I started porting and I finished... adb push; flash; reboot; aaaand, I'm stuck at bootanimation...
Though I don't see any difference between the libandroid_runtime.so between the two ROMs, I'll try replacing them anyways...
I'll edit this post on next flash and let you know how it's going!

Thanks for all your help

EDIT: No luck even after changing the lib... Any ideas?
I'm just stuck at the bootanimation, no other signs of life on my phone...

give me the logcat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)