Thread Closed Email Thread
Model - Callbar A1
Android - 2.3.5
Kernal Version – 2.6.35.7
Software version – 2.3.001.P1.12065
Hardware version – P1
CPU – SC6820 (1 Ghz.)
Screen – 3.5” HVGA

I tried several methods such as DoomLord, SuperOneClick, UnlockRoot, Z4Root to root the phone but none worked.

Tried ADB to manually root the phone through commands but almost every command returns – “Permission Denied” or “Read Only System”. However files su, SuperUsr.apk, BusyBox were easily pushed into /data/local/tmp. Further steps like making local.prop and onwards could not be executed and returned above stated errors.

Also tried modifications by putting update.zip on SdCard root and running Android Recovery System but this method also returned error “Signature Verification Failed”.

Tried Nautilus on Linux Mint with OpenSSH while running DroidSSH on the phone but could not mount device by any means.

Scanned my device with ‘X-Ray’ app which reported that device or firmware I am using had been patched and is not vulnerable to any of the exploit available at the moment.

I desperately need rooting to remove pre-installed bloatwares and applications to free internal memory which is very less. I am trying to root phone for the last several days but every method has failed. Can any one help???

I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CallBar.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1650412  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf System.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (182.7 KB, 263 views)

18th January 2013, 05:45 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Unhappy How to Root SpreadTrum SC6820
No one is rooting SpreadTrum SC6820 phones???
21st January 2013, 01:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Plug How to Root Patched Android 2.3.5 on SpreadTrum SC6830
I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf System.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (182.7 KB, 148 views)
1st February 2013, 05:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
How to Root SpreadTrum SC6820
I have pulled system folder from my phone and uploaded at the following link. Can any one dig it to suggest possible method for rooting???

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uvmb8n
20th May 2013, 10:19 AM |#5  
Somewhere In The Earth
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hey, I also have a spreadtrum sc6820 device and i rooted it successfully using the software ICS Root Unlocker.
Just search for it on google and download it.Then follow the instructions.Hope it helps
20th May 2013, 11:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddharth358

Hey, I also have a spreadtrum sc6820 device and i rooted it successfully using the software ICS Root Unlocker.
Just search for it on google and download it.Then follow the instructions.Hope it helps

Do you mean this:
Code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidroot/

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by immangal

Do you mean this:

Code:

Getting errors like:
"Read only file-system"
"No such file or directory"
"Operation not permitted"
21st May 2013, 08:31 AM |#7  
Somewhere In The Earth
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Yes, but it works fine on my phone..If it doesnt work on urs try DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit..
9th June 2013, 07:38 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immangal

Do you mean this:

Code:

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Getting errors like:
"Read only file-system"
"No such file or directory"
"Operation not permitted"

It doesnt work on my phone either... its read only system.
9th June 2013, 09:48 PM |#9  
Flag Braunau am Inn
Thanks Meter: 426

More
Doesnt work

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
14th June 2013, 08:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddharth358

It doesn't work for my mobile.
18th June 2013, 12:47 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
CallBar A1 SC6820 Stock ROM Available
UPDATE

Original Stock ROM of CallBar Mobiles is available on following official link.

Millions of Thanks to Company's Sales Head Officer in my country to whom I talked on Mobile. He was kind enough to spare his precious time and guided me to download StockRom and flash it properly. Without naming him on this public portal, I would like to tell that he is Great Person.

There are 3 Stock ROMs for Models CallBar A1, CallBar A2 and CallBar Tab7 available under the Modem Driver Download Section. The Rar File includes all tools and software required for flashing.

Here is the link
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread