FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android firewall with different setting for different WIFI

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By khaeid, Senior Member on 17th January 2013, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I use normal home wifi, and mobile wifi with DATA PLAN when I'm out, is there an application where we can set different access restriction for each one???

That is different settings for: DATA / WIFI xxx / WIFI yyy, or just treats certain WIFI Hotspots as Mobile Data like in some new JellyBean Data restriction

Please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate section

17th January 2013, 03:35 PM |#2  
Moderator Liaison / Bacon is Life
Thanks Meter: 9,275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaeid

Hi, I use normal home wifi, and mobile wifi with DATA PLAN when I'm out, is there an application where we can set different access restriction for each one???

That is different settings for: DATA / WIFI xxx / WIFI yyy, or just treats certain WIFI Hotspots as Mobile Data like in some new JellyBean Data restriction

Your question is confusing. You would use your home router settings to set restrictions and encryption keys and Android settings in the Wifi Hotspot area to set the WEP key and restrict which devices can access your phone's mobile hotspot.

Or did I miss your question?
18th January 2013, 06:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 797

Donate to Me
More
Re: Android firewall with different setting for different WIFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaeid

Android Firewall from the play store will do the trick, but only for WiFi and data. There is no app that'll let u set restrictions for multiple WiFi access points, sorry
18th January 2013, 06:46 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Damascus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid

Your question is confusing. You would use your home router settings to set restrictions and encryption keys and Android settings in the Wifi Hotspot area to set the WEP key and restrict which devices can access your phone's mobile hotspot.

Or did I miss your question?

I mean restrict applications from accessing the net, like Droidwall
18th January 2013, 06:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Damascus

More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight89

Android Firewall from the play store will do the trick, but only for WiFi and data. There is no app that'll let u set restrictions for multiple WiFi access points, sorry

Thanx, guess I should youse this in conjunction with jelly bean data restriction, but it would have been great if it can be done from one application
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)