FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which UI do you use or do you think is more useful?

Stock Phone UI - 320 dpi

87 Vote(s)
22.37%
Phone UI - 240 dpi

70 Vote(s)
17.99%
Phablet UI - 213 dpi

75 Vote(s)
19.28%
Tablet UI - 230 dpi

40 Vote(s)
10.28%
Tablet UI - 213 dpi

57 Vote(s)
14.65%
Tablet UI 177 dpi

8 Vote(s)
2.06%
Tablet UI - 160 dpi

30 Vote(s)
7.71%
Other DPI/UI combination

22 Vote(s)
5.66%

Tablet | Phablet | Phone: 3 UI modes in 1 mod [XXLSZ]

337 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,881

By xperiacle, Recognized Developer on 18th January 2013, 01:35 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
This mod will give your Note the ability to switch from Phone to Phablet to Tablet and back and forth. The basics and the manual process is described in post #2 below but this one will make things a little easier as I have created some simple shell scripts to make switching from one UI to another a little easier. It is not the most elegant solution for now, but it makes things a little simpler and it does the job.

Requirements: rooted DEODEX XXLSZ rom (with SystemUI.apk in /system/app folder). MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP.

1. DOWNLOADS: Choose your preference: a) or b).

a) Multi.UI.mod.XXLSZ.select.zip - use MultiWindow Manager app included in the zip to enable/disable multiwindow apps. On phablet & tablet modes, all apps still appear on the traybar but only apps you enabled will launch as multiwindow. The traybar basically becomes a launcher for all apps whether windowed or not.
b) Multi.UI.mod.XXLSZ.unlimited.zip - all apps are multiwindow enabled.

2. Your phone should be in stock Phone Mode (320 or 240 dpi).

3. Flash the file you downloaded above thru CWM recovery and reboot.

4. Install Gscript Lite from the Play Store. (You could also use ROM Toolbox Pro/Lite or SManager app).

5. Download UI.Scripts.zip and extract the contents to /gscript folder in your internal SDCARD.

6. Run Gscript app and Add & Load all the script files that you extracted earlier into the /gscript folder. See image below for reference.

7. Now you are ready to switch from one UI to another. Just run Gscipt app and choose your UI.

Some important information:

Switching from one UI to another affects the functioning/layout of most stock apps like dialer, fmradio, etc. so use Xposed Installer and Xposed AppSetting module to fix layouts, more info HERE. You could also use apps from Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 7". You may also find apps you like in some other TW JB roms. You can download them and extract the apps you like. This is like building your own rom. You choose which ones you like. A lot of xda members like djoni_gitara, kmokhtar79, rraaka, mr.freaky and a lot others are more than happy to help in the forums if you ask nicely.

8. Now to switch to Tablet @213 dpi, install Xposed Tablet UI Trigger module and enable it in Xposed Installer app. You must be in 213.Phablet mode. Then Reboot. Be sure to disable Xposed TabletUI Trigger module before switching to other UIs.

I'll add some more info later on...lack of time.

WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gscript.jpg
Views:	29817
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1760146  
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th January 2013, 01:35 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,881

More
Smile
Using this mod on JB 4.1.2 XXLSZ Roms

NOTE: This is not the same mod shown on the video preview but just an update so it can work on XXLSZ-based roms. It is the same mod as above but made to work for XXLSZ-based roms.

As this is a multi-DPI SystemUI - meaning just one SystemUI.apk file that can work for all modes {PHONE, PHABLET & TABLET} given the right density, I would like to explain the basics of using all modes. If you set lcd density to 320, you get Phone mode, if you set lcd density to at least 213 you get Phablet mode and if you set lcd density to at least 177, you get Tablet mode. Now a little basics about how multiwindows in phone mode differs from that of phablet & tablet mode. Phone mode multiwindows (dual-window) uses "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" file located in /system/etc/permissions folder. Both Phablet & Tablet mode multiwindows (cascade, dual, tri, quad windows) uses "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.xml" & "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml" also located in /system/etc/permissions folder. All three xml files { "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml", "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.xml", "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml"} must not exist all at the same time in whatever mode you use. If using phone mode - use "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" and rename the other xml files to "xxx.bak" or something. If using phablet or tablet mode - use "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.xml" & "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml" and rename "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" to "xxx.bak" or whatever. So those are the basics. Now we go on how to use the mode.

Requirements: rooted deodex XXLSZ & ZSLM5 rom
Important: Always make a nandroid backup.

1. Install an alternative launcher from the PlayStore like ADW, APEX, NOVA, HOLO or any multi-dpi launcher. This is only to have a fallback if in case stock TW Launcher crashes.
2. Install build prop editor or rom toolbox from the PlayStore used for editing lcd density.
3. Run build prop editor and change "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 213.
4. DOWNLOAD your version of Multi-UI.XXX.mod.zip below and flash through CWM recovery and reboot.
5. You are now in Phablet mode.

Procedure I. How to go to Phone mode?
1. Run build prop editor and set "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 320.
2. Using root root explorer or root browser lite or solid explorer, rename "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.bak" to "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" located in /system/etc/permissions folder. Rename "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.xml" to "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.bak" and rename "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml" to "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.bak".
3. Reboot.

Procedure II. How to go to Phablet mode?
1. Run build prop editor and set "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 213.
2. Using root root explorer or root browser lite or solid explorer, rename "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" to "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.bak" located in /system/etc/permissions folder. Rename "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.bak" to "com.sec.feature.minimode_tray.xml" and rename "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.bak" to "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml".
3. Reboot.

Procedure III. How to go to Tablet mode?

a. If you are in Phablet mode, just Run build prop editor and set "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 177 or 160 if you want.
b. If you are in Phone mode, just follow same procedure as going to Phablet mode (Procedure II).

Procedure IV. How to go to Tablet mode at 213 or higher like 230 for example?
1. You must already be using the Xposed Framework Installer (more info HERE).
2. Run build prop editor and set "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 213 or whatever dpi you want to have tablet mode.
3. DOWNLOAD this (Tablet UI Trigger Module), install and enable in Xposed Installer then Reboot.

Procedure V. How to go from Tablet mode to Phablet?

a. If you are in Tablet mode using Procedure III then just run build prop editor and set "ro.sf.lcd_density" value to 213.
b. If you are in Tablet mode using Procedure IV then run Xposed Installer and disable Tablet UI Trigger Module. Reboot.

Procedure VI. How to go from Tablet mode to Phone?
a. If you are in Tablet mode using Procedure III then just follow Procedure I above.
b. If you are in Tablet mode using Procedure IV then run Xposed Installer and disable Tablet UI Trigger Module. Then follow Procedure I above.

ALL THESE PROCEDURES ARE MANUAL BUT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL ALL BE AUTOMATED. IN THE MEANTIME, I WANT USERS TO LEARN HOW ALL THESE WORK MANUALLY SO THEY CAN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE, HAVE FUN LEARNING AND GAIN A GREATER SATISFACTION CREATING OR CUSTOMIZING THEIR OWN ROM THE WAY THEY WANT.

DOWNLOADS:

Multi-UI.mod.XXLSZ - if your SystemUI is located in /system/app folder
Multi-UI.mod.XXLSZ.preload - if your SystemUI is located in /preload partition
Multi-UI.mod.ZSLM5 - if your SystemUI is located in /system/app folder
Multi-UI.mod.ZSLM5.preload - if your SystemUI is located in /preload partition
Multi-UI.mod.XXLSC
XposedTabletUITrigger
(credit & THANKS to _TB_TB_)

Note:Included mods are 4-way reboot, ink effect, unlimited multiwindow apps and some other settings in framework. I recommend you fix/set your layouts using the Xposed Installer & Per App Settings Module (more info HERE).
Attached Files
File Type: apk XposedTabletUI_Trigger.apk - [Click for QR Code] (8.1 KB, 2296 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2013, 01:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
R: Tablet UI | Phablet UI | Phone UI : Take Your Pick & Build your own ROM
Excellent! Thanks a lot for this mod! . I'll flash right now ))))

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
18th January 2013, 02:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Re: Tablet UI | Phablet UI | Phone UI : Take Your Pick & Build your own ROM
now the Kraken is released, not hear from you sometime then I know some thing big will come and now see it

rom devs will rest a bit now as user can build their own with this mod

highly appreciate your hard work xperiacle, this work is a time killer and sure you have a lot of passion in this

cheers
18th January 2013, 03:41 AM |#5  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 884

More
Thanks for the great work. This would be very useful.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
18th January 2013, 04:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
Dying to get home and try these....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
18th January 2013, 04:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 387

More
OMG....Xperiacle...you just outdid yourself! THANKS...10,000 times and more !
18th January 2013, 05:37 AM |#8  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 884

More
Xperiacle,,

Could you please explain why there are several mod for same DPI.

Exapmle
1.320.PhoneUI.Flashbar.zip
2.240.PhoneUI.Flashbar.zip
3.213.PhabletUI.noNavbar.unlimited.zip
4.213.PhabletUI.noNavbar.select.zip
5.213.PhabletUI.Navbar.unlimited.zip
6.213.PhabletUI.Navbar.select.zip
7.213.TabletUI.unlimited.zip
8.213.TabletUI.select.zip

13.160.TabletUI.unlimited.zip
14.160.TabletUI.select.zip

Thanks Mate!!
18th January 2013, 06:20 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
he explained in OP!!! read it man, also the filenames speak!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrifath

Xperiacle,,

Could you please explain why there are several mod for same DPI.

Exapmle
1.320.PhoneUI.Flashbar.zip
2.240.PhoneUI.Flashbar.zip
3.213.PhabletUI.noNavbar.unlimited.zip
4.213.PhabletUI.noNavbar.select.zip
5.213.PhabletUI.Navbar.unlimited.zip
6.213.PhabletUI.Navbar.select.zip
7.213.TabletUI.unlimited.zip
8.213.TabletUI.select.zip

13.160.TabletUI.unlimited.zip
14.160.TabletUI.select.zip

Thanks Mate!!

The Following User Says Thank You to nanomet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nanomet Ad-Free
18th January 2013, 07:26 AM |#10  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,611

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for this mate!
Excellent work!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to maskerwsk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maskerwsk Ad-Free
18th January 2013, 10:24 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 19,189

Donate to Me
More
God father of GNote' Community.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread