FORUMS

[APP development]Windows Phone music player

1,130 posts
Thanks Meter: 289

By mcosmin222, Senior Member on 18th January 2013, 09:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Windows 10 mobile and Windows Phone 8.1 apps will most likely be 2 different packages: this will allow you to continue using the 8.1 version on windows 10 if you so desire.

Store availability

10: Available
8.1: Available
7.8/8.0: Unavailable, no longer supported

Most of the features will be common
  • Browse files and folders for music & videos
  • Support for most audio formats
  • Favorites & History
  • Built in file explorer
  • Integration with any cloud based storage
  • Equalizer
  • Customization options
  • Tabbed playback queues
  • NFC automation
  • Control playback from the start screen
  • Rewind/fast forward from UVC
  • Toggle track repeat and randomizer from UVC buttons.

Windows Phone 8.1 only features - so far
  • Live tile animation coupled with metadata tile (these will be mutually exclusive in windows 10)

Windows Phone 10 only features - so far
  • Continuum support
  • Support for PCs, tablets and other x86 based computers

************************************************** ************************************************** ***[/B]

Windows Phone 7.5/7.8 & 8.0 Versions: -> download this if your carrier doesn't give you the 8.1 update or you are running on windows phone 7.8 devices (2010-2011 windows phone series!, OTHERWISE download from the first link. This app is no longer in development and only stays hidden in the marketplace for continuity purposes for windows phone 7 users!

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to mcosmin222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcosmin222 Ad-Free
7th October 2013, 08:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
The latest update has been pushed for certification and should be available for everyone by the end of the week.

The app has been renamed to Media Player XP Pro.
11th October 2013, 10:07 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Next release brings video player. With neat features.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcosmin222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcosmin222 Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 12:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
22nd October 2013, 09:57 PM |#5  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks for your effort!! Maybe in the next releases you could add the posibility of show the lyrics of the songs which are embebed in the ID3 Tag. I miss this feature of my old android.

It's only an idea.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk
23rd October 2013, 07:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico84

Thanks for your effort!! Maybe in the next releases you could add the posibility of show the lyrics of the songs which are embebed in the ID3 Tag. I miss this feature of my old android.

It's only an idea.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk

I've been trying to do that for a while, but i just can't get the codec to work properly
23rd October 2013, 03:36 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I have discovered that the playlist engine is not working properly. This will be fixed in the net update.

The next update will also give you some degree of costumization over the interface.

EDIT: While i was in the shower i figured a news feed would be useful.
23rd October 2013, 07:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcosmin222

I have discovered that the playlist engine is not working properly. This will be fixed in the net update.

The next update will also give you some degree of costumization over the interface.

EDIT: While i was in the shower i figured a news feed would be useful.

Several bugs fixed. Should be available within 5 working days.
24th October 2013, 10:07 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Sadly, i have a lot of projects to work on at the moment, development might be slowed down a bit, but the next major update will bring users the ability to do the following appearance customizations. You will notice the help+settings pivot has a new, empty tab in the next update.

1) change backgrounds (solid color, picture from picture library, slide shows)

2) change all title and text color in the application.

3) change the color of the app bar.

And that would be the first wave of customization.

After that, if i have time, add a theme engine and be able to customize themes from the desktop client and also replace visual assets (like images) with custom made ones.
3rd November 2013, 10:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcosmin222

Sadly, i have a lot of projects to work on at the moment, development might be slowed down a bit, but the next major update will bring users the ability to do the following appearance customizations. You will notice the help+settings pivot has a new, empty tab in the next update.

1) change backgrounds (solid color, picture from picture library, slide shows)

2) change all title and text color in the application.

3) change the color of the app bar.

And that would be the first wave of customization.

After that, if i have time, add a theme engine and be able to customize themes from the desktop client and also replace visual assets (like images) with custom made ones.

That's a nice project :3 better than nokia or default player

I only have a question, how do you manage to integrate some new codecs to play flac? I am amazed. I was trying hard to integrate some new video codecs but I never get it :S

Congrats!
3rd November 2013, 11:03 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzkz

That's a nice project :3 better than nokia or default player

I only have a question, how do you manage to integrate some new codecs to play flac? I am amazed. I was trying hard to integrate some new video codecs but I never get it :S

Congrats!

You need a media stream source.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.95%29.aspx

I've written this article to explain how to create a FLAC media stream source. It also explains how media stream sources work in general.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-using-c.aspx

You will use a MediaElement instead of a background audio player. You will use its .SetSource method to a media stream source to play video samples.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcosmin222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcosmin222 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, media player, suggestion, windows phone, zune

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)