This is not my work, so do not ask me for inprovments, changing things ets.
Download Total Commander.
Downlaod Android ADB.
Some general stuff from developer of this plugin:
Android ADB 7.2
The ultimate Android Total Commander file system plugin with extra features:
- Apps management (Install, Uninstall and Backup your apps, Add shortcut to launcher)
- APK icons and metadata with custom columns (does not download APK files to PC)
- Backup and Restore on ICS
- LogCat/BugReport/Dmesg (Copy file from folder), Shell
- Reboot menu with (Reboot, Hot Boot, Recovery, Download and Power Off)
- Screenshots (Copy file from .screenshot folder)
- Clipboard (set and get your device's clipboard)
- Multiple devices with device rename functionality (friendly name)
- Bookmarks and WiFi auto-connect
- Rooted, semi-rooted and non-rooted devices
- Full unicode support
- x32 and x64 support
- TC command line integration
- Background copy/move
- Owner and Group custom columns
- Full file system management (download/upload recursive directories, copy, delete, rename, move, edit, view, overwrite confirmation and more, chmod and chown preserveration)
- Copy/Move between 2 devices
- Set/Get file attributes/permissions - Change Attributes action in Total Commander
- ADB USB and wireless ADB (no need to install Android SDK)
- Auto mount support
- Debug logs
- Rich settings
- Enabled "Android debugging" on your device
- Device connected to USB with proper drivers (an ADB device must be listed in Windows Devices)
- WiFi ADB (a rooted device with the "WiFi ADB" app downloaded from Google Play)
How to install:
Open folder where you installed Total Commander (To me it was c:\totalcmd) and make directorium "Plugins" there. Enter it, and unpack content of adbplugin.zip there (this is from Android ADB download you did before). After that in Total Commander open Configuration>Options>Plugins then click on Configure beside F"ile system plugins (.WFX)." Then click on "Add", and browse to your "Plugin" folder. There will be two files: ADBPlugin.wfx (x86 version) and ADBPlugin.wfx64 (x64 version). Choose one that is same with version of Total Commander that you installed. Hit "Open". In next window hit "Ok". Go out of Configuration. And you are done.
Now we will run it.
Go to this dropdown menu from image and select Network Neighborhood, then duble click on ADB. If your phone is recognized there will be another "Folder" with Android icon and some numbers and letters. Double click on that too. And you entered your phone.
1. Do not mess around with files that you do not know what is it for.
2. I am not responsible if you mess up something. Like "I deleted modem folder, do not have nework anymore!!! I will kill the maker of this guide!". I am not pushing you to do anything, I am just made tutorial how to manage files on your System easier.
What you can do with this plugin:
Copy files to your internal/external memory;
Push apps in System/app;
Do a logcat;
Enter ADB shell...
If you do not have access to the System folder you will have to mount it in shell. Open .shell in this plugin and write this:
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system
Or if you want easy way for this, install this app.
Open it and hit Mount r/w, and then try again in Total Commander.
WARNING: DO NOT ERASE CUSTOM THINGS IN HERE, YOU WILL END UP WITH BRICKED PHONE. By that I mean folders that are not System, and some that you allready know that you should delete, copy or replace files there.
Lot of new users do not know to make a LOGCAT when some developers ask them to do it. It's purpose is to provide log that will help developer to find error that you have. So with this plugin it is easy to get it. How? Open folder named ".logcat" and copy txt file from there to your hard drive. And there you have it. Zip it, upload it and bring it to developer.
When you doubleclick ".power" you will get extended power commands, like reboot in download mode, reboot in recovery etc.
".screenshot" provide a screenshot of current screen content of your phone. It saves file where screenshots are saved when you use hardware buttons on phone too.
I will update this tutorial as it comes to my mind what could I add. I am open to suggestions too.
Most parts of this are written by me, and I am sorry if my english is not so good.
Feel free to hit thanks if this was helpful for you. I will not kill you for that.