FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] DiXperia 9 'Magnificent' | Jelly Bean phase! | 15.03.2013 | Fell it, Touch it!

2,029 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,139

By DiKeJ, Senior Member on 19th January 2013, 07:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

As always, I want say thanks for all big names here, my testers, my friends, and all community (especially thanks for sources of CM10 from CMX10, CM TEAM and FXP ;]), cause we are something we can't explain, but we need ourselves .

DX9 development started unexpectedly, some day I had just too much time, and decided to bring you ROM once more. Remember, it doesn't mean I'm free-timer right now, but few weeks with much more chill make it possible . So...Thanks to be with me, and thanks for all I could do for you, and what you could do to me . Welcome one more time in DiXperia world...

• DiXperia 9 is my first ROM on Jelly Bean with Cyanogen Mod 10.
  • For now, only one version is planned, and I can't promise any more ROMs by me (like always, my life changed much and my free time is not big as was before ).
  • Most of features are written below, so start reading this big thread! Hope you still want do that, and use my ROM .

• Based on CM10 and Android 4.1.2 JB, with Sony Xperia apps and framework.
  • Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
  • Playstation Certificate.
  • Track ID.
  • Walkman player.
  • Changing music via volume buttons, and music in lockscreen.
  • Facebook.
  • Xperia Z keyboard (with features like swipe or voice writing).
  • Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.
  • I think it's enough but you know it's not everything - I'm sure I missed a lot of features, but it's up to you to test it yourself if you really want to using this ROM.

Just come and get it in second post .

• Of course Root + Busybox.
  • Unlocked Bootloader.
  • Required Kernel (could be any for JB ROMs, like FeraKernel, CMX10, Amin's or any correct ).
  • CWM Recovery.

• Read how to install CM10 ROMs if you'd never use any of them -> 1 and 2, thanks guys, I hope you don't mind that I post your words - all credits go to you with this instructions .
  • Download ROM (+ optional addons) and put it on your SD Card.
  • Flash correct Kernel through FlashTool (.ftf file).
  • Go to CWM Recovery and make Full Wipe and Wipe Cache, then clean your Dalvik, fix Battery and Fix Permissions.
  • Choose .zip to flash and select my ROM. Wait...
  • Done! Reboot and feel free to use this!

==> Important <==
Don't want make mess here, so just go and read Suggestions, cause there are some nice advices to get DX9 working like it should (we need change some settings after flashing and booting ROM ).

Post #4 explains everything .

And bugs are in 3rd post .

After flashing and booting DX9 successfully, just follow some steps:
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> and tick 16-bit transparency.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> Memory management -> and set zRam to 18%.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> In/Out Plan -> and set on boot and choose BFQ.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> CPU -> and set required frequency etc. (read below which one is the best in my opinion) and set it on boot.
-> Go to Settings -> Dev Settings -> and change animations option (there are 3) from 1x to disabled. Also, you can try untick GPU rendering to draw 2D, but I'm not sure if this helpful, or not.
-> Install Seeder (nice program to help get better performance and smooth, try always the newest version (hopefully :P)
-> Install some camera app, I deleted the stock one, cause it contains also Gallery and we don't need it - we have Sony Album or QuickPic (the bst gallery in my opinion). I'm using Camera Zoom FX, but it's not free guys.

Golden-Suggestion -> If you like my work and you are using it right now, please glorify it on your signature with this graphic:

or this one (thanks for Vaki ):

Golden-Suggestion #2 -> I want this thread clean best possible. Of course you can write here anything is connected with DX9 project, you can write some reviews, write about bugs if you find some which was not posted before, give link for some videopresentation if you made some, screenshots and more, more. But please - if you want thanks to me or anyone, click THANKS button, or if you want write some "little-offtop" go to Discussion Thread(thanks to keenofhiphop and all guys who will help him in support of my ROM ), where you can talk about everything, not DX9 only ^^.

And:
- Don't use any backup! (it doesn't mean you must delete yours, but be sure that it can create some problems. If you replace backup and everything is cool - that's cool! )
- After flash my system give it 1 day for better stability and the second one for applicate all scripts/tweaks/tricks.
- Flash every addon separately.
- Simple, but no one understand it. If you want to have better battery life just decrase brightness.
- In my opinion, smartassV2 or interactiveX (choose yourself), and frequency of CPU 384-1190MHz gives awesome stability and performance .
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free

19th January 2013, 07:46 AM |#2  
-Delete this-
The Following User Says Thank You to jai554 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jai554 Ad-Free
19th January 2013, 08:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots
Attached

Videopresentation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-08-19-25.jpg
Views:	4783
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1659554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-17-53-16.jpg
Views:	4722
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1659555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-16-48-46.jpg
Views:	4595
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1659556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-56-13.jpg
Views:	4375
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1659557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-57-17.jpg
Views:	4611
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1659558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-19-07-55-52.jpg
Views:	5072
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1659559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-23-07-14-31.jpg
Views:	3285
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1680549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-15-19-36-43.jpg
Views:	1421
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1807459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-15-19-36-53.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1807460   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-15-19-37-13.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1807461  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
19th January 2013, 08:28 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Bugs

Quote:

Camcorder problem - like any of JB ROMs, still not working, I'm not working on fix anymore, I don't have much time and I know there are better skilled Devs to make it faster .

Wi-Fi tethering

Themes option in Settings not working - and I'm sorry - it won't be. DiXperia line never used themes in ROMs, and I don't like them. Of course it can be easily fix, but you need to do this yourself, I just don't like it.

Home launcher can (but NOT must, it happens only sometimes) stop responding (even if you click icon/widget, nothing happening), but there is a easy fix for it. You can even never diagnose this problem, cause it show only if you have disabled all animation options (there are 3) in Dev Settings inside Settings. How to fix it? Just set those again from disabled to 1x, and make reboot. After that, everything will be perfect, and you can disable animations again . Hope you get it all clear.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
19th January 2013, 08:28 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Download

Quote:

ROM, mirror -> CLICK

*Also, if you want get other DiXperia projects by me, you can buy Premium Account and get them all. I have 4 projects for my biggests fans (DiXperia 8 Gaming version, DiXperia Gaming, DiXperia Different World, DiXperia Different World 2, check those names on my YT channel "DiKeJGL" if you never heard about them), and if you're still not sure if it's worth it, just ask other Premium Members . ( BTW who are Premium exactly?). Cheers guys, thanks for all !

Root fix, mirror -> CLICK

EMail, mirror -> CLICK
Facebook, mirror -> CLICK
Google Stuff (if Google Play still not working after this, just flash full gapps), mirror -> CLICK
Live Wallpapers, mirror -> CLICK
Sony Stuff (missing widgets from Xperia/Sony too), mirror -> CLICK
TTS, mirror -> CLICK
Wallpapers, mirror -> CLICK
Jelly Bean gapps (if some Google stuff still missing or something fc)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
19th January 2013, 08:30 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Discussion thread over there ===> CLICK!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
22nd January 2013, 09:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
I've made some update of thread, everything is getting ready here, just need more time to complete ROM (will start working again this weekend, hopefully), and then send to testers. If we made our deal in 100%, then some info appears about correct relase date ^^. See you soon guys!

BTW - Premium Users will get ROM 10 days before all people here .
The Following User Says Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 05:21 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
So, except ROM link, all addons are here right now, in 4th post, get it while it's hot and wait patiently for DX9 link, still can't say when, but in discussion thread, me and my testers are preety sure, that will be the last one build, so this weekend should be the date (but I'm not promise anything).

The Following User Says Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 10:06 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
The wait is over!! DX9 is now OUT, but from 27.01.2013 to 06.02.2013 for Premium Users. Hope I didn't forget about anything, only Videopresenation is still missing, cause I don't have time to record it .
Premium guys ONLY - who want DX9, contact me via PM, link is waiting for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
3rd February 2013, 06:52 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Topic is now 99% done, only 3 days remaining to get it 100%, cause we still have Premium time .
Added videopresentation - go check it out ! ^^
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
3rd February 2013, 07:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
SUPER EXCITED FOR THE RELEASE!

From the video, looks like you've done an amazing job!!! Goodwork!
The Following User Says Thank You to kenectd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenectd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)