As always, I want say thanks for all big names here, my testers, my friends, and all community (especially thanks for sources of CM10 from CMX10, CM TEAM and FXP ;]), cause we are something we can't explain, but we need ourselves .
DX9 development started unexpectedly, some day I had just too much time, and decided to bring you ROM once more. Remember, it doesn't mean I'm free-timer right now, but few weeks with much more chill make it possible . So...Thanks to be with me, and thanks for all I could do for you, and what you could do to me . Welcome one more time in DiXperia world...
- DiXperia 9 is my first ROM on Jelly Bean with Cyanogen Mod 10.
- For now, only one version is planned, and I can't promise any more ROMs by me (like always, my life changed much and my free time is not big as was before ).
- Most of features are written below, so start reading this big thread! Hope you still want do that, and use my ROM .
- Based on CM10 and Android 4.1.2 JB, with Sony Xperia apps and framework.
- Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
- Playstation Certificate.
- Track ID.
- Walkman player.
- Changing music via volume buttons, and music in lockscreen.
- Xperia Z keyboard (with features like swipe or voice writing).
- Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.
- I think it's enough but you know it's not everything - I'm sure I missed a lot of features, but it's up to you to test it yourself if you really want to using this ROM.
Just come and get it in second post .
- Of course Root + Busybox.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Required Kernel (could be any for JB ROMs, like FeraKernel, CMX10, Amin's or any correct ).
- CWM Recovery.
- Read how to install CM10 ROMs if you'd never use any of them -> 1 and 2, thanks guys, I hope you don't mind that I post your words - all credits go to you with this instructions .
- Download ROM (+ optional addons) and put it on your SD Card.
- Flash correct Kernel through FlashTool (.ftf file).
- Go to CWM Recovery and make Full Wipe and Wipe Cache, then clean your Dalvik, fix Battery and Fix Permissions.
- Choose .zip to flash and select my ROM. Wait...
- Done! Reboot and feel free to use this!
==> Important <==
Don't want make mess here, so just go and read Suggestions, cause there are some nice advices to get DX9 working like it should (we need change some settings after flashing and booting ROM ).
Post #4 explains everything .
And bugs are in 3rd post .
After flashing and booting DX9 successfully, just follow some steps:
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> and tick 16-bit transparency.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> Memory management -> and set zRam to 18%.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> In/Out Plan -> and set on boot and choose BFQ.
-> Go to Settings -> Performance -> CPU -> and set required frequency etc. (read below which one is the best in my opinion) and set it on boot.
-> Go to Settings -> Dev Settings -> and change animations option (there are 3) from 1x to disabled. Also, you can try untick GPU rendering to draw 2D, but I'm not sure if this helpful, or not.
-> Install Seeder (nice program to help get better performance and smooth, try always the newest version (hopefully :P)
-> Install some camera app, I deleted the stock one, cause it contains also Gallery and we don't need it - we have Sony Album or QuickPic (the bst gallery in my opinion). I'm using Camera Zoom FX, but it's not free guys.
Golden-Suggestion -> If you like my work and you are using it right now, please glorify it on your signature with this graphic:
or this one (thanks for Vaki ):
Golden-Suggestion #2 -> I want this thread clean best possible. Of course you can write here anything is connected with DX9 project, you can write some reviews, write about bugs if you find some which was not posted before, give link for some videopresentation if you made some, screenshots and more, more. But please - if you want thanks to me or anyone, click THANKS button, or if you want write some "little-offtop" go to Discussion Thread(thanks to keenofhiphop and all guys who will help him in support of my ROM ), where you can talk about everything, not DX9 only ^^.
- Don't use any backup! (it doesn't mean you must delete yours, but be sure that it can create some problems. If you replace backup and everything is cool - that's cool! )
- After flash my system give it 1 day for better stability and the second one for applicate all scripts/tweaks/tricks.
- Flash every addon separately.
- Simple, but no one understand it. If you want to have better battery life just decrase brightness.
- In my opinion, smartassV2 or interactiveX (choose yourself), and frequency of CPU 384-1190MHz gives awesome stability and performance .