By spazfishy, Member on 21st January 2013, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car Stereo Radio Head Unit

System specs:

Operation System: Android 2.3.4
 CPU: FREESCALE I.MX535D Cortex A8 1GHz
 Ram: DDR3 512M
 iNand Momery: 4G
 OSD Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese

Russia Map is Not available.
 Specification
System
External Memory Up to 32GB/SD Card
Features Built-in Bluetooth, GPS, iPod, RDS, 3D Interface, Steering Wheel Control, WiFi, Subwoofer Output, Games, Touch Screen, SD/USB Support
Digital TV or Analog TV Analog TV
Display Ratio 16:9
Screen Size 6.2 inch
Screen Resolution 800 x 480
OSD Languages English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese
Media Type DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, AVI, MPEG4, CD, CD-R/RW, CD+R/RW, VCD, Mp3, WMA, JPEG, Mp4, DVD, WMV, MKV, WAV, JPG, TXT, PDF
Radio Response Bandwidth AM: 522 KHz-1620 KHz;FM: 87.5 MHz-108 MHz

GPS
GPS Card Slot Micro SD Card
Support Map IGO, TOMTOM, Garmin, Sygic, Kudo
Voice Navigation Yes
Amplifier & Interface
Amplifier Max Output Power / Channel Qty 45 Watts x 4
Remote Control Yes
Connector Type 1 x A/V IN, 1 x A/V OUT, 1 x REARCAMERA, 1 x STEERING WHEEL CONTROL, 1 x IPOD, 1 x TV ANTENNA, 1 x POWER, 1 x AUX-IN, 1 x SUBWOOFER, 1 x USB, 1 x GPS ANTENNA

General
Type 2 Din
Color Black
What's in the box
1 x DVD host
1 x Remote control
1 x User's manual
1 x Cable set
1 x iPod cable
1 x WiFi USB Adapter
1 x GPS antenna
1 x Stylus pen
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spazfishy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spazfishy Ad-Free

21st January 2013, 02:16 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I was hoping to get a decent thread started for this radio as it is a great device and could use some added support from dev's.

Couple questions to kick it off if anyone is reading:

Do you guys just tether your phone to connect to the internet or is there some other way? I currently have t mobile and tethering does work but would love to automate it. There is an app called autotether but it uses Bluetooth and although this radio has Bluetooth there is no option for it in settings so I cannot seem to pair it. Would be awesome to auto tether when you get in your car though. Also, does anyone use the SD card? I bought a 32gb on amazon and formatted it to NTFS but every-time I out it in it says its in the wrong format. So I let the radio format it and hooked it and verified it is still NTFS but it will not play my media. I just tried an mkv file but no luck at all. Anyone know if the radio supports 32gb? Lastly when I use Pandora and turn the radio on and off it comes up saying no video signal. I am pretty sure this is because lack of internet but does this work for others?

Thanks for any help!

Hope we can start getting some people interested. I'm sure other owners of this device have questions as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to spazfishy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spazfishy Ad-Free
22nd January 2013, 03:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
If you format the card with FAT32 you should be good to go. I have a no-name 32GB that works just fine.

Scott
22nd January 2013, 07:31 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hey, Gerry from YouTube here. Thanks for starting this thread. I hope this unit and units like it get some love in the future. I'd be thrilled to see some version of CyanogenMod on this thing.

Here's my video review if anyone is interested.
Ouku 6.2" Android Head Unit review
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerrylum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerrylum Ad-Free
24th January 2013, 10:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does it have ROOT???
I just asked Gerald from the Youtube review, is this device rooted? I saw some devices on eBay that run ICS and I was wondering Ouku made their products unlocked and rooted. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

And will GingerBreak work on this?
The Following User Says Thank You to icypirate11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icypirate11 Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 02:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
this is beyond awesome to see something in the works...at any rate just got my unit from ebay and its great just a couple questions and things to bounce off anyone that can help...

I saw that it can support Digital and Analog Tv? Im sure im just gonna realize that i ended up with the wrong one (analog one) but its worth a shot to see if it can.

I noticed I can redirect the Navi button, can we do the same for Radio ? and can I get the next and previous tracks to be more of a "global" next vs just a radio or cd?

Not that it matters but is there no "Location Settings" in the menu. I ran Google maps for the first time where it asks you to turn on Wifi Location services but i quickly hit cancel thinking i could do it later only to find out that it wasnt in the menu.

Hope this isnt too many questions, and just so i can give back to the community a tad bit...i noticed somebody on youtube was saying how he didnt have internet. I noticed that I had to set the time before i was able to access playstore, or even play pandora. Anyway hope we can fix some of these minor fixes to in my opinion one of the best head units in this pricerange to date.
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmarena1644 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gsmarena1644 Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 05:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmarena1644

Not that it matters but is there no "Location Settings" in the menu. I ran Google maps for the first time where it asks you to turn on Wifi Location services but i quickly hit cancel thinking i could do it later only to find out that it wasnt in the menu.

Hope this isnt too many questions, and just so i can give back to the community a tad bit...i noticed somebody on youtube was saying how he didnt have internet. I noticed that I had to set the time before i was able to access playstore, or even play pandora. Anyway hope we can fix some of these minor fixes to in my opinion one of the best head units in this pricerange to date.

From the Gingerbread manual:
"Enable location services
You must have location services turned on to view your location in Maps and to use
your location to find local resources.
1 Press Home , press Menu , and touch Settings > Location & security.
2 Check the My Location options that you want to use.
Check Use wireless networks to allow the phone to determine your
approximate location by using Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
Check Use GPS satellites to allow your phone to determine your location to
street-level accuracy. (GPS works best when you have a clear view of the sky.)"

I hope that is helpful.
25th January 2013, 02:33 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley.huddleston1

From the Gingerbread manual:
"Enable location services
You must have location services turned on to view your location in Maps and to use
your location to find local resources.
1 Press Home , press Menu , and touch Settings > Location & security.
2 Check the My Location options that you want to use.
Check Use wireless networks to allow the phone to determine your
approximate location by using Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
Check Use GPS satellites to allow your phone to determine your location to
street-level accuracy. (GPS works best when you have a clear view of the sky.)"

I hope that is helpful.

yea, thats the menu that i dont have the "location services"
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmarena1644 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gsmarena1644 Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 06:20 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

yea, thats the menu that i dont have the "location services"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MkPqfQAW-XI

Anyone get their units showing the Telephone Menu on top when they boot?

Also you can see in the menu that i dont have the location and security option? do you guys have one?
26th January 2013, 12:01 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MkPqfQAW-XI

Anyone get their units showing the Telephone Menu on top when they boot?

Also you can see in the menu that I don't have the location and security option? do you guys have one?

My unit does not show the telephone menu on top when it boots but it does show it on top when you receive or make a phone call.

It seems that although this is Android 2.4.1 it is a somewhat stripped version of it. For example bluetooth is not in the settings nor is this location option you are looking for. I'm not sure how you would get that option to present itself again. My only suggestions would be to try another app that requires this and see if that prompts you to enable it, look for a shortcut app in the play store that does the same thing, or restore back to factory.

I for one am super happy with this radio. It does far more than any top name brand market radio available but could be that much more awesome with ICS or a non limited version of android. Would be super cool if one of the devs got one and made it happen! I mean think about it.. Android in your car, it's awesome! No more car docks, no more where do I mount my phone! Just a huge awesome touchscreen with Google maps.. Lets do this!

Hopefully someone much more advanced than I will buy one and root it so we can make this happen.
26th January 2013, 12:04 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwman

If you format the card with FAT32 you should be good to go. I have a no-name 32GB that works just fine.

Scott

Hey Thanks, it worked well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)