FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable ROM

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 544

By electron73, Senior Member on 22nd January 2013, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE: My hosting I had for XDA related work expired, so I re-uploaded everything here: http://www.mods4cars.com/pub/xda

Here's the new Verizon OTA packaged up as a full CWM flashable ROM. Wiping should not be necessary if you are coming from our last ICS ROM (LP10).

This is meant for those who have CWM installed and for those who modified their system to the point that the OTA does not work because it expects certain files.
If you are on full stock (rooted) ICS LP10 and are not getting the OTA update the regular way, you can look here for a way to manually install it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...932597&page=26

The rom is pre-rooted. After installing, run super-su and let it check for binary updates. Also a cached copy of su for restoring with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper is included (for extra safety).

Part1: The ROM
Install with CWM
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...-LP11_i815.zip

Part2: The MODEM
Flash with ODIN in PHONE section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...i815_modem.tar

Part3 (optional): Stock Recovery
If you want to be full stock afterwards, flash with ODIN in PDA section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...5_recovery.tar

Part4 (optional): Stock SBL
If you did all 3 parts above and want to be able to receive future Verizon OTA's flash this in ODIN in BOOTLOADER section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...1_i815_sbl.tar

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-21-00-05-36.jpg
Views:	1979
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	1666321  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to electron73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electron73 Ad-Free

22nd January 2013, 08:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Many thanks!
22nd January 2013, 10:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thanks Electron. You da man for us i815 owners.
22nd January 2013, 10:42 PM |#4  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Re: [ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable RO
Many thanks! I just decided to go back to stock for stability reasons. Your method works perfectly.

I don't know where many of us i815 users would be without your help. Thanks again man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
23rd January 2013, 01:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbot

Many thanks! I just decided to go back to stock for stability reasons. Your method works perfectly.

I don't know where many of us i815 users would be without your help. Thanks again man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

So I was installing the ROM zip in CWM and it froze at "double-checking /data partition." Am I hosed?
23rd January 2013, 02:05 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh

So I was installing the ROM zip in CWM and it froze at "double-checking /data partition." Am I hosed?

How long did you wait?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
23rd January 2013, 02:17 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electron73

How long did you wait?

20 mins or so. I was getting no movement on the status bar. I rebooted and I can get into Odin mode and I was able to get into CWM once, but that's it. Otherwise it just hangs on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 screen.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:

20 mins or so. I was getting no movement on the status bar. I rebooted and I can get into Odin mode and I was able to get into CWM once, but that's it. Otherwise it just hangs on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 screen.

So I wound up getting back into CWM and tried reflash and it's going now. Will let you know result
23rd January 2013, 02:21 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

So I wound up getting back into CWM and tried reflash and it's going now. Will let you know result

Did you have lots of apps installed? I just realized it's doing a run_program("/tmp/fsck.ext4", "-Dfy", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10");
on the data partition. If that partition is full with lots of files then the check might take a while. The status bar doesn't move while this command is executing. I never tried it on a "full" partition! A freshly wiped data partition is checked in 2 seconds
23rd January 2013, 02:38 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Did you have lots of apps installed? I just realized it's doing a run_program("/tmp/fsck.ext4", "-Dfy", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10");
on the data partition. If that partition is full with lots of files then the check might take a while. The status bar doesn't move while this command is executing. I never tried it on a "full" partition! A freshly wiped data partition is checked in 2 seconds

Yeah, I had about 100 apps installed. In any case, I tried it again through CWM. When it did the check this time, it took about 10 secs. So the first one must've been a hiccup or something. I was able to flash ROM and then radios through ODIN, so I think I'm good. I looked at the files on the internal storage and the SD card and they are still there, so I'm assuming that I'm good. Anything else to check or are there any log files that you want me to try to grab for you? Thanks again.
23rd January 2013, 03:23 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, I had about 100 apps installed. In any case, I tried it again through CWM. When it did the check this time, it took about 10 secs. So the first one must've been a hiccup or something. I was able to flash ROM and then radios through ODIN, so I think I'm good. I looked at the files on the internal storage and the SD card and they are still there, so I'm assuming that I'm good. Anything else to check or are there any log files that you want me to try to grab for you? Thanks again.

Hmm ok, definitely good to hear that it ran through the 2nd time. Maybe I should kick the FS checks out. They are still left over from last time where we had all those partition problems...
If you want, go check in the /cache dir for any log files left by CWM, maybe there's something in there.

Btw. Thank you for the generous donation! It is very much appreciated

23rd January 2013, 03:47 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Hmm ok, definitely good to hear that it ran through the 2nd time. Maybe I should kick the FS checks out. They are still left over from last time where we had all those partition problems...
If you want, go check in the /cache dir for any log files left by CWM, maybe there's something in there.

Btw. Thank you for the generous donation! It is very much appreciated

I think the logs from the successful install are there but I don't see anything from the unsuccessful one, as far as I can tell.

RE: the donation, I meant to give you something from the original LP10 update and I just plumb forgot (after telling you that I was going to send something), so I figured that there was some interest involved. Thanks to all of your hard work.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote:

I think the logs from the successful install are there but I don't see anything from the unsuccessful one, as far as I can tell.

RE: the donation, I meant to give you something from the original LP10 update and I just plumb forgot (after telling you that I was going to send something), so I figured that there was some interest involved. Thanks to all of your hard work.

Also, regarding the current ROM, I really curious about the supposed batt life increases. My tab at this point is barely getting 4-5 hours screen time with it set fairly dim. Is that normal or should I be getting more that that? I don't suppose that a ROM update will help with screen time much, but just curious to hear what others are getting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)