FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[app] OpenSSL for Windows RT

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 187

Post Reply Email Thread
All,

Please find the attached binaries, libs, and headers for OpenSSL 0.9.8x built for 'native' Windows RT. The port required some minor edits build scripts but no code changes.

I've gone through all the unit tests included in the OpenSSL package. There was a single failure on both the 'ecsa' and 'ecdh' tests - which both failed with 521bit primes only. All other tests passed with flying colors.

I'm no epileptic curve expert, or OpenSSL expert, so I can't explain the failures but I suspect they are non-critical for the vast majority of applications using OpenSSL.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip openssl_0.9.8x_arm.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.34 MB, 1741 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bfosterjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bfosterjr Ad-Free

24th June 2013, 11:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I need this for my project. can you please share the project used for cross compiling it for WinRT.

Appreciate your help.

regards
Muks
25th June 2013, 01:20 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshkb4u

Hi,

I need this for my project. can you please share the project used for cross compiling it for WinRT.

Appreciate your help.

regards
Muks

Just to be clear I built it for Windows RT (not WinRT) ..

Source is here...

https://windowsrtdev.codeplex.com/So...sl/0.9.8x/src/
see BUILD_ARM.txt for build directions

Cheers!
2nd July 2013, 05:25 AM |#4  
Flag Baltimore, MD and New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosterjr

Just to be clear I built it for Windows RT (not WinRT) ..

...https://windowsrtdev.codeplex.com/So...sl/0.9.8x/src/
see BUILD_ARM.txt for build directions

I don't see OpenSSL; and I don't see BUILD_ARM.txt.

Did you rename it something else?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosterjr

All,

Please find the attached binaries, libs, and headers for OpenSSL 0.9.8x built for 'native' Windows RT. The port required some minor edits build scripts but no code changes.

I've gone through all the unit tests included in the OpenSSL package. There was a single failure on both the 'ecsa' and 'ecdh' tests - which both failed with 521bit primes only. All other tests passed with flying colors.

I'm no epileptic curve expert, or OpenSSL expert, so I can't explain the failures but I suspect they are non-critical for the vast majority of applications using OpenSSL.

I frequently work with OpenSSL. Would you be able to supply a diff of your changes?

git clone git://git.openssl.org/openssl.git

Jeff
2nd July 2013, 09:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=noloader;43169610]I don't see OpenSSL; and I don't see BUILD_ARM.txt.

Did you rename it something else?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Yeah.. i recently converted codeplex from SVN to github.. and it all went to hell. Still trying to sort out the issues.

I've mirrored everything on GitHub as well.. you can find it here

https://github.com/bfosterjr/windowsrtdev

You should be able to diff from there - its very straight forward.. basically just build changes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)