FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[app port] MikTex2.9

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 102

By no2chem, Senior Member on 23rd January 2013, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

Since several people have PM'd me about it, here is my port of MikTeX 2.9 for Windows RT. I've been out with the flu and ... I'll be rather busy this week, so I won't have much time to support it, but basically extract into your program files directory and run MikTeX-TexWorks.exe in the miktex\bin\arm directory. You might have to perform some configuration.... I haven't had the chance to figure out what those steps are from clean install, but it might involve running initexmf and having it initialize the file cache.

Automatic package install seems to work out of the box. Also, the JavascriptCore from Qt is compiled in interpreter mode (not JIT mode), but it seems to run just fine, even for running texworks scripts. Finally, I didn't get XeTeX compiled, so that isn't included.

http://ge.tt/8omfzEW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_(3).jpg
Views:	3560
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1669266  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to no2chem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift no2chem Ad-Free

23rd January 2013, 11:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
Awesome work! Thanks man!
24th January 2013, 05:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
awesome, this is exactly what I need to be able to bring my surface to the next conference.
26th January 2013, 03:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
sorry for this post but i was not able to compile the tex files. I got the error about dump file not found. I ran initexmf but nothing happens. Can you give me some pointer please?

Thank you.
22nd March 2013, 11:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidanx

sorry for this post but i was not able to compile the tex files. I got the error about dump file not found. I ran initexmf but nothing happens. Can you give me some pointer please?

Thank you.

Same error
10th September 2013, 05:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Really nice to see MikTex, although I am getting the same error.

Any chance you can fix this?
29th September 2013, 07:19 AM |#7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I'm trying to compile MiKTeX myself, hopefully to get Xetex as well. But I'm stuck -- plenty of CMake's generated scripts don't work well in a cross-compile environment. Any tips?
29th September 2013, 11:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjoel

I'm trying to compile MiKTeX myself, hopefully to get Xetex as well. But I'm stuck -- plenty of CMake's generated scripts don't work well in a cross-compile environment. Any tips?

CMake cannot be used for windows RT at this time. Visual Studio 2012 (possibly 2013 aswell) is the only way to build for Win32 with THUMB2 at the moment.
29th September 2013, 11:30 AM |#9  
Flag Singapore

More
Yeah, I tried both. The vcxproj generated by CMake seems even more broken than the Makefiles. The main evil thing is that MiKTeX generates bootstrap binaries to generate some outputs. In a cross-compile environment you can't run the generated tools to produce the necessary outputs. So unless someone knows all the different binaries, or if I'm missing something major...
20th October 2013, 04:39 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehamma

Really nice to see MikTex, although I am getting the same error.

Any chance you can fix this?

I found the fix.

Just make sure you unzipped the entire directory to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9 (exactly); there are some hardcoded configuration that assumes it's installed there.
21st October 2013, 01:51 AM |#11  
Flag Singapore

More
And to get the package manager working, fire up a shell

Code:
cd C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\arm
initexmf --update-fndb

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh; the package manager does not work properly when running in a non-administrator TexWorks. Make sure you run TeXWorks as admin if you need to install packages (should be one-off)
The Following User Says Thank You to lowjoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowjoel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)