FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you like to make a version without bloatwares?

Yes, why not?

131 Vote(s)
94.93%
No, Thanks !

7 Vote(s)
5.07%

Stock Firmware 4.1.B.1.13 + ROOT+BUSYBOX [31/1/13] without bloatware!!

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By dadierv17, Member on 24th January 2013, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th October 2013, 07:10 PM |#71  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

Your phone is probably not unlocked, the thing in your service menu means that its possible to unlock it.

To get cwm you should flash the correct .ftf file with flashtool, root the phone and install cwm with xparts,

Alternatively: you can unlock the bootloader and install a custom kernel + cwm (voids your warranty)

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Well, I *was* already running CWM+root (I had to recover the phone with the pc companion and it seems to be gone). What actually does unlocking the bootloader do?

7th October 2013, 09:03 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblondewolf

Well, I *was* already running CWM+root (I had to recover the phone with the pc companion and it seems to be gone). What actually does unlocking the bootloader do?

It lets you install custom kernels, permanently cwm (you don't have to flash,root and install cwm every time) you can run android jellybean and overclock/underclock

The downsides are: you can't use ota on official sony roms,
And trackid (the shazam ripoff) doesn't work anymore
And you lose your warranty

In my opinion unlocking is totally worth it but it's not recommended for beginners!
If you are new to android or rooting then you should try some locked bootloader roms first.

7th October 2013, 09:48 PM |#73  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

It lets you install custom kernels, permanently cwm (you don't have to flash,root and install cwm every time) you can run android jellybean and overclock/underclock

The downsides are: you can't use ota on official sony roms,
And trackid (the shazam ripoff) doesn't work anymore
And you lose your warranty

In my opinion unlocking is totally worth it but it's not recommended for beginners!
If you are new to android or rooting then you should try some locked bootloader roms first.

You are probably right, my service menu only says bootloader is unlockable, not unlocked. I don't know how I did it, but my OTA update was unavailable with the last rom I was using. I don't care much about trackid and warranty should be gone already, so unlocking may be a good option. One thing I am not sure is whether I'd want a custom kernel and cyanogenmod. Last time I tried cm on my tab and previous smartphone it was an utter failure
Sorry for the offtopic anyway. I'll try to root the phone again and at least remove the bloatware from the stock rom - at least I'm running the latest version now. I don't feel like peeking with test leads in the phone (yet )
7th October 2013, 09:57 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblondewolf

You are probably right, my service menu only says bootloader is unlockable, not unlocked. I don't know how I did it, but my OTA update was unavailable with the last rom I was using. I don't care much about trackid and warranty should be gone already, so unlocking may be a good option. One thing I am not sure is whether I'd want a custom kernel and cyanogenmod. Last time I tried cm on my tab and previous smartphone it was an utter failure
Sorry for the offtopic anyway. I'll try to root the phone again and at least remove the bloatware from the stock rom - at least I'm running the latest version now. I don't feel like peeking with test leads in the phone (yet )

Cm on this phone runs actually really nice, I'm typing this from a miui rom and everything runs buttery smooth and stable.

If you are bored with the locked roms or having problems with unlocking your phone you can always pm me!

29th November 2013, 05:18 PM |#75  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz3nroll3

is Video recording laggy?

Just disable Image Stabilizer.
30th November 2013, 06:19 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for your share..really useful for me who hate bloatware..lol..thanks again mate..
10th April 2019, 12:14 AM |#77  
Flag Uppsala
Thanks Meter: 8

More
dead link
, is it possbile to download it from anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadierv17

Hello friends I will first introduce myself my name is Dadier and I'm from Costa Rica I am an engineering student, in August last year I bought my first android slowly I was involved in developing it, rooting, modify and improve the performance of my phone now with the help of everyone here in the forum I bring the stock firmware in version 4.1.B.1.13 sony + root

improvements are actually not many visual changes hopefully not be disappointed as it is actually .587.2, several sources improved wifi and signal wcdma / gsm hopefully use it and if not there is no problem

Flashing Instructions
1. Go to CMW apply a Factory reset
2. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
3. Install zip from SD
4. Wipe dalvik-cache
5. reboot

Downloads: Google Drive

NEW version! without bloatware! (recomended)
Google Drive

NO MIRRORS for now is only that link more servers soon

PS: tested on several kernels designed for 587 and it worked perfectly

Based on the vodafone version (I think the only one that has been released) thank the community and all who in turn helped me learn all this android thanks!

Note: My cell phone is with the BL open, if someone could test it with the closed BL would greatly appreciate it

Credits: zbanghy0ne, CTCaer , Knight47, ThilinaC, zxp, BBangSik

Attention developers: If you want to use this as a base for your rom's do it, but please put me in the credits

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.b.1.13, busybox, firmware, root, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)