Hello dear XDA-Community,
We have reached our goal. Now we have a total of 316,72 $ / 236,8 € for our unbrick project, which consists of $ 230 donations from Forum people, about § 30 from private friends and the rest is what we (Sneaky and I) “Loaned” to the project from our own accounts. Money we actually don’t have. We appreciate further help.
We want to say thanks to ALL donators.
Without you we wouldn't have come so far.
This thread will be the hub for service requests. If you happen to need unbrick service, you will find this thread and us to help you.
This thread will also have a “Diary” for you which informs about the use of your money..
I will post a log of all payments made from that money plus all Items received (e.g. the RIFF Box, the cables, Jigs, etc.)
Items ordered / paid / received:
Updates / Facts / News:
- RIFF Box - EUR 195
- JIG Connector - EUR 43
- RiffBox is finally here at my home: Pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/1067063...eat=directlink
- 24.01.13: From SneakyGhost
Quick Status Update on the RIFF Box, my Phone and all...
- Tecardo disassembled my phone and found a number of Errors from the HTC Repair Center. They had the Modem/Antenna bit connected to the mainboard wrong. They didn't fix in the speaker properly, they glued the phone together so it could hardly be opened, they forgot a screw. Some serious stuff. The Modem Cable fault could have been the root cause of the persisting and worsened home button issue after Arvatos fix. If i where you, i'd be reluctant to send it to them...
- I contacted multi-com.pl and fonefunshop.uk over a JIG connector for my Mainboard as there are non available on the internet. Fonefunshop said they will have them soon. Multi-Com.pl however said they produce them themselves and if they had a Mainboard of a One S, they would start production ASAP. I offered my Mainboard. They said yes. So my mainboard will be picked up by them on their expense, shipped to poland, then they will start making the Jigs and then send it back to Tecardo with the first JIG for him, for free. Best part: the emails sounded like they're gonna test the JIG on my mainboard and might revive it there with their equipment and experience. lol. Funny turn today.
- Next step for me is prepare for a long wait and use the time to get in touch with HTC again via Richard Willis and file a formal report about the screw-up of Arvato repair center. It will have a complaint-touch. I will ask to send it on to Taiwan so HTC is gonna review their contracts with their repair centers as Regenersis in the UK has a similar very very bad reputation on fixing phones. I am doubtful i will achieve much, knowing HTC's attitude from the past months but i hope it doesn't go past unheard.
Question: you got your phone bricked and HTC is refusing service, yet the Ebay guys are too expensive?
Answer: Send it to me if its not to expensive to post for you and I will unbrick your One S. Consider a small financial contribution.
Question: you want to give your phone to me to do some reverse engineering and help with finding a way to securely S-OFF? Well....
Answer: hmmm.... probably just a joke. Talk to me if you're willing to donate your device as a Guinea Pig
Question: you got any other stuff going on with your phone that needs a jTag box involved but you don't have one and can't buy one?
Answer: Ask me. I will do it.
Well.. this much for now. We will grow this FAQ if there’s anything else to be added.
It is an OFFER made possible by the kind people who helped buying the box.
It all originated from Sneakys phone bricking during testing stuff for the Home Button Issue and the Venom Viper One S ROM and then searching for the best possible solution. We met around the Team Venom Viper One S chat and we found it a cool idea to provide the One S forum with its very own unbrick service and get Sneakys phone fixed on the way. Just following the simple principle that egoism is the driver behind all evolution. Doing something for Sneakys phone and asking others to pay made possible to have a cheap unbrick service available for many. Got the idea?
There's so many stories to be told from the past weeks it doesn't fit in here all but i will eventually get around contributing some more anecdotes, stories and so on...
Hope this is gonna be very very educative for people too. Unbricking always is some sort of a mystery for many and if you send off your phone to some stranger on ebay, you usually don't get an idea about the "Hands On" and gettin' dirty bit of tearing down a phone and actually make it look nice and work properly again afterwards.
So, maybe we will even have some photos or videos and stuff and just give you an idea of how that all works...
Please ask your questions