Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
persano,

Very impressive post, it is cool to watch you grow in XDA! I knew you would find a neat niche in XDA, congrats, you have worked hard to provide everyone solid tweaks.

Do you have a Factory USB Cable? If not send me a PM with your address and I will send you one at N/C.

i have one, thanks. i bought it because i got a bootloop and is good to have 1 if i make something bad. i m happy thant i can help you, i want to make the best so all can have the best kinlde fire hd

there will be a new release tomorrow or on monday :D, mp12 engine, i have to see if it has bugs, some people say that is even faster than mp9 and is exellent so see when i update the post and download the new packs

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Web Browser Poll - Which on is your favorite?

i have one, thanks. i bought it because i got a bootloop and is good to have 1 if i make something bad. i m happy thant i can help you, i want to make the best so all can have the best kinlde fire hd

there will be a new release tomorrow or on monday :D, mp12 engine, i have to see if it has bugs, some people say that is even faster than mp9 and is exellent so see when i update the post and download the new packs

persano,

Cool, I am glad you own a Factory USB Cable, just wanted to make sure. Please keep me posted, this thread is looking nice, great work!:good:

DirtyDobbs

Dec 28, 2012
stupid question but what does this mean

Set permission
Install-recovery.sh rwxr-xr-x
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

I thought it would be something like this?

Owner RWX
Group RX
Others X

I'm not sure what the other r is for in the line...does this make any since?

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Re: Persano's KFHD Tweaks

Set permission
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

Owner RWX
Group RX
Others X

Yeah, use rom toolbox

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

jdeclue

Sep 6, 2009

Set permission
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

Owner RWX
Group RX
Others X

rwxrwxrwx = rwx rwx rwx =
Owner All, Group All, Others All

rwxr-xr-x = rwx r-x r-x =
Owner All, Group RX, Others RX

Make sense?

Joel

Your
RWX RX X = rwx rx x = rwxr-x--x

In other words... "-" replaces a r,w or x, it is not a separator.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
i will test mp12engine today or tomorrow, for now i m testing mpengine9x a best version of the 9 one, mp12engine is faster but sometimes it dont run at boot for some devices, so i will check how to make it work best.

be patient

stefanescupatronu

Sep 6, 2009
brasov
Hi.i applied method and the results are spectacular, the test "antutu benchmark" with wifi on I got 7415 points and with wifi off points 7600 and the games locks do not work well it's blocked any solution boy's.My kindle fire 7"hd vs 7.2.3 qemu root method

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To Use The Android Permissions and How to Understand The Permissions

Set permission
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

Owner RWX
Group RX
Others X

You have the right idea, just slightly off.

Let's break it down to a simplistic level just in case rx does not make sense and do not worry, you do not have to be a master to get the job done. Permissions in Unix, Linux and Android all follow the same standard, here is the universal standard that was adopted back in 1973 yes we are still using the same standard! We (myself) started using Unix in 1978 working with AT&T and Bell Labs but this is another story.

We use the command 'chmod' to make changes at the command level and we can either use chmod 777 filname.sh or chmod rwxrwxrwx filename.sh - the both accomplish the same permissions. Now with the invention of Nautilus a Linux file manager and Root Explorer a Android file managers, the chmod command is executed through the file manager, you do not need to know a thing about chmod, you only need to know what permissions to apply to each file or binary. Permissions can be set through a GUI (Graphical User Interface) on the fly by just checking boxes that then translates to the chmod command, cool eh? My preference is to use a Terminal and chmod 777 type commands since I still do not trust GUI's although for the everyday user like yourself a file manger like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer is invaluable.

Here is a simple graph that can help you in the future, just print out a copy of the embedded picture:
UnixPermissions.gif

Listed below is a chart giving a few examples of different numeric codes used with the chmod command and Unix permissions that are in turn applied to the file, symbolic link, binary, script, etc

Numeric---------------------UNIX equivalent--------------------Owner-------------------------- Group------------------------------ Other

777-------------------------------- rwxrwxrwx------------------read/write/execute-------- read/write/execute--------- read/write/execute

755-------------------------------- rwxr-xr-x-------------------- read/write/execute--------------read/write----------------------read/write

744-------------------------------- rwxr--r-------------------------read/write/execute----------------read---------------------------------read

644-------------------------------- rw-r--r-------------------------------read/write------------------------read---------------------------------read

Now that you know the basics we can translate the permissions.

Persano's instruction to "Install-recovery.sh rwxr-xr-x" would translate to:

Change the permissions on Install-recovery.sh using the permissions that would equal chmod 755 or Owner: Read Write Execute Group: Read Execute and Others: Read Execute.

Persano's instructions to "Runparts rwxr-xr-x" would translate to:

Change the permissions on Runparts using the permissions that would equal to chmod 777 or Owner: Read Write Execute Group: Read Write Execute and Others: Read Write Execute.

Just FYI, we discuss moving applications to the /system/app/ folder on the Kindle. The absolute standard for the /system/app/ folder is chmod 644 - Owner: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read, so whenever you move anything to /system/app you would change the permissions to chmod 644.

If you need additional instructions do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: jesterpaul

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

Updated with mp9engineX better than the old and a tweak more, mp12engine is slower because is in beta, i tested it. Delete all my old tweaks and reinstall all my tweaks

Last edited:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

So are you running a different version of mp9engine now? Hey I have noticed that my Kindle has been running weird lately.. Browsers slow, kind of laggy, just seems slow... I might restore and start over

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

So are you running a different version of mp9engine now? Hey I have noticed that my Kindle has been running weird lately.. Browsers slow, kind of laggy, just seems slow... I might restore and start over

Dont modify nothing in the tweaks and use a cache cleaner, i have never got any problem, i clean my cache every day. Download the latest version in the first post. Ithin i will post sd maid with sd maid unlocker, for have a faster and clean kindle

Last edited:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

I have it and I do the same, but cleaning cache everyday..

Hollaback12786

Aug 31, 2011

Updated with mp9engineX better than the old and a tweak more, mp12engine is slower because is in beta, i tested it. Delete all my old tweaks and reinstall all my tweaks

Delete everything??? Or just the mp engine stuff?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

AmrBanawan

Nov 26, 2012
Alexandria
Is there any way i could tell if it works?

I don't think they are working so I used Rom toolbox to automatically execute them all on boot
But only 7 of them are executed and the rest fails, what does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

What I've done is that I have copied runparts and install_recovery.sh
To their places and changed permissions then executed init.sh using script manager
Then I copied the 7.2.3 files to their places and changed permissions of every single script and build.prop and DID NOT change mpengine permissions then I rebooted
Is this it or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

Is there any way i could tell if it works?

I don't think they are working so I used Rom toolbox to automatically execute them all on boot
But only 7 of them are executed and the rest fails, what does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

What I've done is that I have copied runparts and install_recovery.sh
To their places and changed permissions then executed init.sh using script manager
Then I copied the 7.2.3 files to their places and changed permissions of every single script and build.prop and DID NOT change mpengine permissions then I rebooted
Is this it or am I doing something wrong?

No,no. You must do what i say or you can mess all! All work, run antutu benchmarck before and after and that is the only test that it work. First execute the script then place all.

Rom toolbox dont execute some scripts but init.d yes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts