[Possibly Faster Boot] Disable Boot Animation

Search This thread

drsmaw

Jan 24, 2010
Thank you

As you said, even a noob can do it. Just rooted my LG transpyre yesterday and did this a minute ago, this absolutely works! Faster boot time and no annoying Verizon screen at startup. Used ES File Explorer.

Thanks again!

metooo

Apr 12, 2015
note 3 n9002

it replaced the 4 seconds boot animation with a 4 seconds black screen. the irritating sound was still there during boot. so no speed boost on my original samsung galaxy note 3 dual sim.

ravisghosh

Jul 14, 2011
Wonderful. Worked like charm. However, the boot image is still showing up. Finding ways to remove it as well.

T-Ching

Aug 24, 2015
Boot Issue after Modifying Build.prop but Found Solution

Hey,

I got a boot issue after changing the build.prop file and restarting my HTC M8. After adding the line at the bottom to remove the boot animation, my HTC M8 shows the HTC logo white screen and then goes blank and non-responsive. Found out that modifying the build.prop file in Windows Notepad changed the file permission of build.prop causing this boot issue. So, I had to boot into recovery mode by holding the power button and volume up button at the blank screen. Then, after counting 10 secs, un-press the volume up button and press the volume down button quickly while still holding down the power button before the green HTC logo white screen shows. That would bring me into the recovery menu and from there I can use TWRP to chmod 755 the system/build.prop file to fix the boot issue.

So, for those who do modify the build.prop file, make sure the permission is chmod back to 755 or 744 in order to prevent a non-responsive blank boot issue. I just want to give this warning to help others avoid the hours I lost trying to recover from this little important detail not included in the guide! :angel:

davidfirefox

Oct 3, 2015
thanks!!kingofnice ,work fine in SGH-T989

Thanks! Work fine,
This is very simple. Any noob can follow this and most of you know of this tweak.

1)Open a Root Explorer app or any file manager with root permissions.

2)Go to /system

3)Mount folder in R/W and open build.prop in text editor

4)Scroll to the very bottom and enter

Code:
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

5)Save and Exit. A full reboot is required to see that this works.

You can change =1 to =0 to disable this. Or simply delete the line that was added.

Pressing the thanks button is very appreciated.

P.S. I think this results in a faster boot up time. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my HTC One X+

AnDrOiEdUnIeVeRs

Dec 4, 2015
Thanks!

This is very simple. Any noob can follow this and most of you know of this tweak.

2)Go to /system

Code:

You can change =1 to =0 to disable this. Or simply delete the line that was added.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Cheers mate! Worked like a dream (Galexy s5 G900I Optus Australia boot animation)
Any idea on a code for the shutdown animation? Mine lasts for a good 15 seconds
Easy and is the bane of my existence when shutting down in the dark!

darkhammer196

Oct 22, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
I actually felt great to kill the RR boot animation but would be great if there is a procedure to change the boot animation because I loved the lineage OS boot animation more than anything else.
So is it possible for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2)Go to /system

Code:

Sent from my HTC One X+
    Thanks!

Thank you!
    Works great for me...

My Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830)
    Android 4.2.2: Cyanogenmod 10.1
    Editor: TotalCommander

The Device starts 2-3 seconds faster... And the Interfaces (Touchscreen + Keys) respons faster after turning on, not so laggy!
    I can enter my pin faster :silly:

Result:
    Minimal effect nevertheless nice!
    Try it guys! :eek:
    Is it possible to disable the boot logo of the company that pops up during phone start?

That's called the splashscreen, can't change that unless your device is S-Off unfortunately
    made no difference whatsoever on my att hox+. all the boot anims still played.
    but i'm not deodexed yet so that might be playing a role in that.
    It works...

Thank you! It works on a Lenovo A606, if anyone is trying out on this device.