By TonyStark, Retired Moderator - R.I.P. on 27th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2019, 09:18 PM |#131  
Flag Houghton, MI
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imWACC0

Ok, I know this has become a tribute thread, but I still have questions.

I have a few phones that I'm messing with, so it's not just one tread. I'm not seeing anything for people new to XDA to get up to speed. Even the How-To's make an assumption that you have basic knowledge.

There's a lot of lingo used... bootloader unlock method is established... I have TWRP... lg up tot file... fastboot mode... Kingroot...

Or as AptLogic put it:
If you don't know what a locked bootloader is, or think that Chainfire is a new video game, you shouldn't be here, go read a little about Android and the Galaxy S5 before continuing.

So, I guess the big question is, Where in XDA-University is the "Dummies Guide to XDA"?

May your god go with you,
W.A.C.Co.

Old post, don't know if you are still around but as one senior member or Dev put it, read more, post less. That's the thought behind all of XDA. You learn as you read. You figure stuff out hopefully before you brick it. You try again. You gotta want it. I started from the level of what heck does open terminal at your files mean? You google, you study, you read. It's a journey. I have a long way to go. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2287803
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix 15 A For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phoenix 15 A Ad-Free
27th December 2019, 04:59 AM |#132  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 15 A

Old post, don't know if you are still around but as one senior member or Dev put it, read more, post less. That's the thought behind all of XDA. You learn as you read. You figure stuff out hopefully before you brick it. You try again. You gotta want it. I started from the level of what heck does open terminal at your files mean? You google, you study, you read. It's a journey. I have a long way to go. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2287803

Thanks for the link. I'm not here often, not a lot that I *need* to do, but there's quite a few things that I'd like to do. It blew my mind when I found out you could turn off cell, now I don't know how I lived with out it.
27th December 2019, 05:04 AM |#133  
Flag Houghton, MI
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imWACC0

Thanks for the link. I'm not here often, not a lot that I *need* to do, but there's quite a few things that I'd like to do. It blew my mind when I found out you could turn off cell, now I don't know how I lived with out it.

Have a fun journey
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)