FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Bp Tools?

308 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By Olao99, Senior Member on 28th January 2013, 05:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, I've been running BMM on the JB leak in my XT910 using the "Erasing Cid" method by whirleyes.

Recently I'd like to switch to Safestrap to try CM10.1 for the JB kernel, and I've read that SS should work with an erased CID by booting Into BP Tools....

I've found Bp tools to be an option in the stock bootmenu, my question is: Is this the Bp tools that I should select if I switch to Safestrap?
I'm not sure if by just selecting bp tools at each boot ss will work with an erased CID, and I'd like to try, but If anything goes wrong, I don't want to reflash cid, kernel, and fastboot to stock :S
28th January 2013, 11:30 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 244

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Bp Tools?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olao99

Hello guys, I've been running BMM on the JB leak in my XT910 using the "Erasing Cid" method by whirleyes.

Recently I'd like to switch to Safestrap to try CM10.1 for the JB kernel, and I've read that SS should work with an erased CID by booting Into BP Tools....

I've found Bp tools to be an option in the stock bootmenu, my question is: Is this the Bp tools that I should select if I switch to Safestrap?
I'm not sure if by just selecting bp tools at each boot ss will work with an erased CID, and I'd like to try, but If anything goes wrong, I don't want to reflash cid, kernel, and fastboot to stock :S

Hi there,

BP tools are actually for radio troubleshooting, and this work-around which involves deleting your CID and booting in BP tools mode really bothers me.

Have you tried restoring a CID.img from a different xt910? I can take a copy of mine if requested. I have a Rogers XT910.

Further to your question, yes BP tools is replaced by safestrap.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
29th January 2013, 05:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 267

More
BP Tools triggers "force boot to recovery" behavior when using SS 3.x, so the answer is "no" - you can'use this option to skip "dead CID" error message. You have to choose another option to boot into the system, but I forgot which :] Anyway, there's no need to change BMM 0.3.x for SS 3.x in order to install CM 10.1.
29th January 2013, 05:52 PM |#4  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 2,483

More
AW: [Q] Bp Tools?
One line above BPTools (HW Diag) if SS3 is installed :thumbup:

Sent from my XT910
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bmm, boot, bp tools, recovery, safestrap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)