What is android.process.acore?

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By gerazz, Member on 28th January 2013, 12:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just a question.. what is android.process.acore? It uses a huge amount of battery and also requires root access?
The Following User Says Thank You to gerazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerazz Ad-Free
28th January 2013, 10:50 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Coquitlam

More
Does anyone know what android.process.acore is? sorry for double posting
28th January 2013, 11:41 PM |#3  
Flag Shelbytown
Thanks Meter: 110

More
That is your Contacts.
28th January 2013, 11:45 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Coquitlam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStatiK

That is your Contacts.

My Google contacts? that i synced? It shows around 90% battery usage on batter mix. It also requires root?

It can not be disabled can it?
29th January 2013, 12:39 AM |#5  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerazz

My Google contacts? that i synced? It shows around 90% battery usage on batter mix. It also requires root?

It can not be disabled can it?

Its a system function so disabling it would really not be a good idea. And system apps technically have root AFAIK
29th January 2013, 07:09 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Coquitlam

More
I used battery mix and saw that android.process.acore uses 90% battery.

But while my phone is in idle the battery is awesome. 1% in 8 hours, but if i start using it, the battery drops faster then normal.(Not comparing to while the phone is idle, but comparing to when it was stock).

I was wondering if it also have something to do with the modem? I am using the Rogers I317MVLALJ2.

and the kernal is

3.0.31 - 679347
[email protected]#1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 10:26:24 KST 2012

When i was using the CR3.5, I do not believe I saw acore process requiring root. or even saw it at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to gerazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerazz Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 06:15 PM |#7  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Hmmmm acore never calls for super user permission. Its a system app so it kind of already has it so showing up in the log is a bit of cause for concern. Do you have any apps that you use a lot that utilize contacts or sms that might want root? like a different contacts app or messaging app because a bug in either of those could do it
29th January 2013, 11:44 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStatiK

That is your Contacts.

Wrong, it's your contact storage. Not google contacts, just regular. To OP, try wiping the data (for contacts storage.)
30th January 2013, 02:15 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Coquitlam

More
Re: What is android.process.acore?
I think i found what caused it. I changed the SuperSU android.pricess.acore to prompt so it would ask again for permission. Found out it was caused by GO Task Manager EX. Removed go task manager and everything appears to be normal.

If the problem persists, then I am going wipe data on contacts with Titanium backup.

On Battery Mix the android.process.acore droppes down to 50% hoping it would drop more by using other application as it all adds up to be 100%

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerazz Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 12:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Question
I just re-rooted mine (after losing it because of the 0.7.2 update), and now I'm getting this exact thing from SuperSU for this same process.

Is there any more info out there on this?

I don't want to keep something that's supposed to have it from having root, but I don't just want to grant it to whatever wants it either. Seems to me like a system app that needs root should know how to get it, and I shouldn't be able to deny it root anyway.

I do also have Go TaskManager though like the OP. So, I will remove that and see if it goes away.

If it does go away with the removal of Go TaskManager, what does that mean?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to biRonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift biRonic Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 06:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I just sent a support request e-mail to the Go folks. I will try to remember to report back here when/if I get more info on this issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)