FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q][HELP] Bypassing Google authentication

270 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By Androhacker, Senior Member on 29th January 2013, 03:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This may sound a little noob-ish but I am new to device and my condition is a bit bad.
My G1 is running Android 2.2 Froyo, it has a keyboard with E,R and 6,7 keys not working. And I cannot get past google verification. I can't run wifi and to write the apn settings, I require the keys.
The ****ty system doesn't even show on-screen keyboard in the auth.

So what can I do apart from dumping the G1? Is there some way to enable on-screen keyboard?

EDIT -> I now know that the device is rooted and has Amon_Ra but I can't seem to do anything. Any help?

29th January 2013, 03:39 PM |#2  
Re: [Q] [HELP] Bypassing Google authentication
If you are running 2.2froyo then you must be rooted as the dream can not be updated past 1.6 donut without root.
But if your only issue is those couple keys to bypass why not just make a new gmail that doesn't use those keys, new accounts are free you know, how about aaaaabbbbbssss@gmail.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 04:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ghaziabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

If you are running 2.2froyo then you must be rooted as the dream can not be updated past 1.6 donut without root.
But if your only issue is those couple keys to bypass why not just make a new gmail that doesn't use those keys, new accounts are free you know, how about aaaaabbbbbssss@gmail.com

Well, the problem is not with the Gmail account, the problem is setting up the GPRS connection. You know, the APN settings. If only would it let me use WiFi from default.

And I can't even use it on adb I guess (to enable it I need to type in a code).
I did see something like "WiFi patch" on CaNNoN202's ROM thread, but the links were dead.
Still looking for help
31st January 2013, 05:38 PM |#4  
Flag Ansonia
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androhacker

Well, the problem is not with the Gmail account, the problem is setting up the GPRS connection. You know, the APN settings. If only would it let me use WiFi from default.

And I can't even use it on adb I guess (to enable it I need to type in a code).
I did see something like "WiFi patch" on CaNNoN202's ROM thread, but the links were dead.
Still looking for help

Do ya need a keyboard? i have some inbox me.
31st January 2013, 08:57 PM |#5  
Re: [Q][HELP] Bypassing Google authentication
If it is rooted and has amonra recovery installed then boot to recovery and flash a compatible ROM, nearly all custom ROMs have the ability to let you bypass sign in and go straight to os
If you want help choosing a ROM that is compatible you need to tell me what radio and SPL you have
If you really just want to use adb to bypass I can help with that too but it is unneeded if the phone is rooted

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
1st February 2013, 06:22 AM |#6  
Flag Dagupan City
Thanks Meter: 50

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1098899 <-this helped me a lot.

PM me if you cannot understand the process.
The Following User Says Thank You to jephimax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jephimax Ad-Free
1st February 2013, 01:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ghaziabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

If it is rooted and has amonra recovery installed then boot to recovery and flash a compatible ROM, nearly all custom ROMs have the ability to let you bypass sign in and go straight to os
If you want help choosing a ROM that is compatible you need to tell me what radio and SPL you have
If you really just want to use adb to bypass I can help with that too but it is unneeded if the phone is rooted

Well, I do not know the radio and SPL (the person I bought it from had it all done). Would anything happen if I install the latest SPL and Radio? And they already be on the device? (which is rare)

EDIT: I looked another thread and found that pressing Camera + Power should show me a screen which tells me the radio and other things. Tried it and it showed me a RGB-color screen. Radio was 1.22 something and the Hboot was 0.95 something.
And by the way, on the same thread I found that, if we boot into recovery and it shows a triangle and "!", it means the phone is unrooted. Well, unfortunately that is the case with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephimax

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1098899 <-this helped me a lot.

PM me if you cannot understand the process.

Thanks for this. I did get most of my questions about the device solved from this thread. But the By-pass method won't work for me as I can't enable the device in adb. W,E,R keys are not working on my keyboard...
5th February 2013, 10:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi, I had the same problem. Try to go to the 'Welcome to Android' screen with the android guy. Touch the upper left, upper right, down right (above the bar with the Emergency dial button and down left in THAT order. It should work....
22nd November 2016, 07:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dual screen not active, work around
Hi guys, after reading several threads I was having problems getting any of the method to work for my LG H634. I was able to get as far as opening browser, but as far as installing an app or opening dual windows I was unable to. It seems that the dual screen option is not turned on when the phone is reset and returns default setting. Fortunately while using the phones browser to research the problem I noticed the more browser window and apps I left open the the longer it would take to go to the activation screen when the phone was turned on. After leaving nearly 30 browser windows and several app such as messages note pad and other as that I was able to open using the share option from sites such as YouTube the phone had enough lag when initially booting that I actually had time to open the setting screen by quickly making a downward swipe on the screen during short time it took to go from the the opening screen to the activation screen. Once I was able to do this I had full access to the phone's option menu which allowed me to change account, turn on the dual screen option, allow third party apps to be installed as well as every thing else needed to gain full access to my phone.
Hope this helps some of you. I there are any questions I will be glad to answer them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)