FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

373 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Sumanji, Senior Member on 30th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2013, 02:15 AM |#251  
Flag St. John's
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008

my bad mofo is only network unocked, so i suppose bootloader must be unlocked as well? installed the sdk but still need some assists

Yes, if you want to root the stock fido/rogers jellybean 4.1.2 with CWM recovery, you have to UL the bootloader first. takes all but 3 minutes. go to the motorola 'unlock my device' page and follow the instructions to a t. become familiar with adb fastboot command line syntax. once the UL process is done you can push the CWM recovery to the phone using the necessary adb commands. then enter cwm and flash SuperSU zip file,

become one with adb, learn it, use it, love it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gilnfld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gilnfld Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 10:06 PM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Re: RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!
Here is a interesting development. I'm the guy who sent in his phone for service and future tel installed the wrong software. They installed 49003 and I didn't get a jb update notification. Motorola just called me last night and told me that my phone received the wrong software. They told me to send in the phone so they can install correct software.

Thing is i already installed jb with rds lite. If i tell them that, will that void my warranty now?

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
16th March 2013, 11:32 PM |#253  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felcom

Here is a interesting development. I'm the guy who sent in his phone for service and future tel installed the wrong software. They installed 49003 and I didn't get a jb update notification. Motorola just called me last night and told me that my phone received the wrong software. They told me to send in the phone so they can install correct software.

Thing is i already installed jb with rds lite. If i tell them that, will that void my warranty now?

2 things you could do. First ignore them and carry on second, roll back to ICS with rsdlite and send it in

17th March 2013, 01:07 AM |#254  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 244

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7

2 things you could do. First ignore them and carry on second, roll back to ICS with rsdlite and send it in

I didn't think you could downgrade to ics from JB. best is to just ignore and say that you never got the email

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
17th March 2013, 01:52 AM |#255  

More
I plan on ignoring them... Just curious if I told them that I found a way to install JB using rds lite if that would void my warranty. I'm sure if I ignore them they won't care. I love how they messed up and I'm supposed to lose my phone for an additional few days. I need a working phone for my work... I can't work if I don't have my phone on me.

17th March 2013, 04:54 AM |#256  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felcom

I plan on ignoring them... Just curious if I told them that I found a way to install JB using rds lite if that would void my warranty. I'm sure if I ignore them they won't care. I love how they messed up and I'm supposed to lose my phone for an additional few days. I need a working phone for my work... I can't work if I don't have my phone on me.

Most important is that you are now on JB and you're happy with the way your phone runs. If that's the case, i'd agree, ignore the offer. It's good Moto followed up on an error by one of their service providers. Thx for sharing your news.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
thund3rbay
17th March 2013, 05:06 AM |#257  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If you don t have unlock bootloader... your warranty is intact...

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
14th January 2016, 01:55 AM |#258  
Flag Fort Erie, Ontario

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker

Rogers XT925 Official Jelly Bean firmware (RSD-Lite XML) :

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanq...CFC_fb.xml.zip

Why can't i download this Rogers file? please send me to link, need to unbrick my XT925 Thanks
15th January 2016, 03:01 AM |#259  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC69

Why can't i download this Rogers file? please send me to link, need to unbrick my XT925 Thanks

site has been down for a couple years
try links in
Moto Drivers, RSD Lite, and other Unbricking Tools

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...mware-t3042687

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)