FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

jcsullins latest TPDebrick v004

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By jlc0312, Junior Member on 31st January 2013, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

Jcsullins did it again, and has provided the touchpad community with a complete toolset and guide to fix a bricked touchpad. Hit it up if your touchpad has been bricked or your facing the dreaded questionmark of death.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jlc0312 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlc0312 Ad-Free
 
 
1st February 2013, 05:50 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc0312

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

Jcsullins did it again, and has provided the touchpad community with a complete toolset and guide to fix a bricked touchpad. Hit it up if your touchpad has been bricked or your facing the dreaded questionmark of death.

Ran it on mine yesterday after having the damn question mark. Took about 5 minutes, and now I am back in business!
7th February 2014, 12:41 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
USB Symbol after use tpdebrick
Hi:

My touchpad was working fine, after turn it off and after vibrate to turn it OFF suddenlly appear the USB on screen. To erase it, I did a reset with power bottom and home button and turn that off. Now, after trying more than. 3 times with J C Sullins tpdebrick, go ALL DOME but just appear the USB symbol on screen, from there I have used webOS doctor and after finish, it say can not reboot and again, the USB Symbol on screen.

Any idea to work with this?

Thanks for all help.
9th February 2014, 03:20 PM |#4  
Domvillan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Does any one know if this script can be run via mac terminal

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 03:47 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
One of my touchpad is 100% dead. It couldn't even show anything on screen. not sure if this can save it...
26th February 2014, 10:43 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
64 GB tpdebrick??
I used the TP Debrick on my 64 GB Touchpad. I notice that the process runs "ebr32.bin", "mbr32.bin". The contents of tpdebrick have what looks to be files specific for 16 gb, 32 gb and 64 gb. I have run the command correctly for a 64 gb version but I think there is a possible programming error since it executes the 32gb version of ebr and mbr.

The process went all the way through and ended in "All Done" but I still cant revive this thing

Just an assumption based on what I have seen, can anyone correct me or look into this?
20th March 2014, 11:46 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Red face
Unbricked one touchpad with this. Awesome. Please donate.
6th April 2014, 06:43 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo89

I used the TP Debrick on my 64 GB Touchpad. I notice that the process runs "ebr32.bin", "mbr32.bin". The contents of tpdebrick have what looks to be files specific for 16 gb, 32 gb and 64 gb. I have run the command correctly for a 64 gb version but I think there is a possible programming error since it executes the 32gb version of ebr and mbr.

The process went all the way through and ended in "All Done" but I still cant revive this thing

Just an assumption based on what I have seen, can anyone correct me or look into this?

Hey Davo89, you figure yours out? My 64GB is bricked as well. I used the debricker, and I can't get past 8% on the webOS. I obviously need to re-do the partitions, but can find no info on how to do this for a 64GB.
6th April 2014, 08:57 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmastation3

Hey Davo89, you figure yours out? My 64GB is bricked as well. I used the debricker, and I can't get past 8% on the webOS. I obviously need to re-do the partitions, but can find no info on how to do this for a 64GB.

No, mine is still bricked, I think the TPdebrick program is meant to work on the 64, but I am pretty sure when the script runs it is referencing the 32 gb files.

I have tried everything I could find, now the damn thing wont take a charge.

Hopefuly jscullins sees these comments and looks into the code for us.

I check here all the time to see if anyone knows an answer. Do me a favor and let me know if you figure yours out. Good luck
7th April 2014, 01:10 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmastation3

Hey Davo89, you figure yours out? My 64GB is bricked as well. I used the debricker, and I can't get past 8% on the webOS. I obviously need to re-do the partitions, but can find no info on how to do this for a 64GB.

By the way, I agree, there is nothing on the net for re-doing the partitions on a 64gb. I looked for days
30th July 2014, 11:25 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
netchip mode not found
Hi!

I tried to debrick my Touchpad 32GB, but the script stops when waiting for netchip mode.

I also saw that the "Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED". Is this normal?

Code:
MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED    
MSG: Failed Fuse addr:  
MSG: 0x00000000 
MSG:    Error Status:  
MSG: 0x00000000
I used a Ubuntu 12.04.

Any ideas that may bring life back to my Touchpad?

BR
Martin
Attached Files
File Type: txt typescript.txt - [Click for QR Code] (108.2 KB, 290 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes