FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[v1.3] Tasker: Screen off=wifi/data off(no traffic+)AutoSync+Night/Reduce CellStandby

260 posts
Thanks Meter: 281

Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2013, 10:49 AM |#251  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
does this work also with 4.3 ? i have a nexus 4 and it does not switch from and to airplane mode.
1st August 2013, 04:59 PM |#252  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
working with xposed framework and [APP][XPOSED][4.2+] Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper v0.9.0 BETA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2385625
The Following User Says Thank You to spupuz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spupuz Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 07:43 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Are they any simple profiles that would not disconnect the wifi until the downloading or data transfer have been completed? specially when you trigger screen off.
4th August 2013, 10:52 PM |#254  
OP Senior Member
Flag Idar-Oberstein

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ver101

Are they any simple profiles that would not disconnect the wifi until the downloading or data transfer have been completed? specially when you trigger screen off.

That are the screen off tasks. They check your data traffic before they disconnect the connection.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus running Fancy Kernel
5th August 2013, 03:30 AM |#255  

More
Are you sure? You dont need to specify in task list?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
5th August 2013, 06:31 PM |#256  
OP Senior Member
Flag Idar-Oberstein

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ver101

Are you sure? You dont need to specify in task list?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry in don't really understand you. Are you talking about the profiles?

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus running Fancy Kernel
11th August 2013, 03:25 AM |#257  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks so much to the OP and all who have contributed to this thread.

My only question is: how would I change this to have data/wifi stay on if the phone is plugged in. If I could have that, I'd ditch JD for good.

I did try to modify the rules above (I am using v1.2 because my phone can't load greenify) but I couldn't add another "state" to the profiles that would check for power.

I apologize if that was addressed in the thread. I did try to read all the posts.
11th August 2013, 10:56 AM |#258  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Have been trying to do the same since try Smart3G feature in Cataclysm ROM. Thanks OP for pointing the direction.

4.3 ROM seems to change 3G data statistic to rmnet_USB0, try a few JSS build, CM10.2 and JWR build on Nexus 4.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spupuz

does this work also with 4.3 ? i have a nexus 4 and it does not switch from and to airplane mode.

you need to change the directory of statistic file to "sys/class/net/rmnet_USB0/statistics/rx_bytes" for monitoring of HSPA mobile data. Since my Nexus don't do LTE on my network so i don't know if it should read the same file.
12th August 2013, 07:20 AM |#259  

More
Thank you OP! It's not quite what I need, but it's lot closer than starting from scratch. I just had a couple questions.

First, the default German plugin included simply says "all," and I can't change the settings because Tasker claims to not find the plugin needed. However, adding the Greenify plugin says something along the lines of "all selected." So are these the same things, or does the "all" of the former actually mean all apps? And if it does, can it be replaced with the English version without causing errors?

And second, if you know from all your testing, does cell only (no data, wifi toggling on use or sync) use less battery than WiFi(with no cell radio on at all) while idle? I ask here only because this answer drastically affects what changes I need to make. (I use Google Voice, and and it's whether I should launch Groove or use call forwarding when both are available.)
The Following User Says Thank You to LucenNox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LucenNox Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 06:42 PM |#260  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,726

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucenNox

Thank you OP! It's not quite what I need, but it's lot closer than starting from scratch. I just had a couple questions.

First, the default German plugin included simply says "all," and I can't change the settings because Tasker claims to not find the plugin needed. However, adding the Greenify plugin says something along the lines of "all selected." So are these the same things, or does the "all" of the former actually mean all apps? And if it does, can it be replaced with the English version without causing errors?

And second, if you know from all your testing, does cell only (no data, wifi toggling on use or sync) use less battery than WiFi(with no cell radio on at all) while idle? I ask here only because this answer drastically affects what changes I need to make. (I use Google Voice, and and it's whether I should launch Groove or use call forwarding when both are available.)

The WiFi vs mobile data battery question is kernel/ROM dependant... According to what I have read over in the BBS thread

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rignfool Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 04:29 AM |#261  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

The WiFi vs mobile data battery question is kernel/ROM dependant... According to what I have read over in the BBS thread

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 4

Well, it's not so much mobile data as it is simply 2g to make calls, I don't need to simultaneously download or anything. Regardless, it's a moot point. I had a call over VOIP today and I remembered why I don't like it on the phone, all the apps suck in some form or another. So really only my first question stands now, since the little bit of extra battery is worth a decent quality call when I have a signal at all, and I don't use the phone enough that the minutes limit on my plan worries me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, screen off, tasker, traffic, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)