FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to downgrade HBOOT- 6.01.1002 to HBOOT-1.01.0001?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vivek2994, Junior Member on 2nd February 2013, 08:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

A few months ago I rooted my HTC WILDFIRE using the 'Revolutionary' method, I tried out a few custom ROMs,it was quite good but after a while I wanted to go back to my stock ROM, I looked up a few websites and there was this one website that showed me how to unroot my phone so that I could restore it to its original state. I did everything as told and got my stock ROM, but when i tried to connect to the internet using my phone's network the MOBILE NETWORK button would just say 'Turning on...' it'd never actually turn on and i couldn't access the internet. My free data allowance was getting wasted so I decided to root my phone once again using the 'Revolutionary' method so that i could access the internet using the custom ROM.The only problem is that my phone has a HBOOT version- 6.01.1002 and the 'Revolutionary' method requires a HBOOT version- 1.01.0001. So my request to you guys is to show me how to downgrade my HBOOT version from a 6.01.1002 to 1.01.0001 or help me find an alternative method of rooting my phone.

My details:
HTC WILDFIRE,
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_20aa
RADIO-3.35.20.10

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you

2nd February 2013, 08:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Re: [Q] How to downgrade HBOOT- 6.01.1002 to HBOOT-1.01.0001?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2994

Hi guys,

A few months ago I rooted my HTC WILDFIRE using the 'Revolutionary' method, I tried out a few custom ROMs,it was quite good but after a while I wanted to go back to my stock ROM, I looked up a few websites and there was this one website that showed me how to unroot my phone so that I could restore it to its original state. I did everything as told and got my stock ROM, but when i tried to connect to the internet using my phone's network the MOBILE NETWORK button would just say 'Turning on...' it'd never actually turn on and i couldn't access the internet. My free data allowance was getting wasted so I decided to root my phone once again using the 'Revolutionary' method so that i could access the internet using the custom ROM.The only problem is that my phone has a HBOOT version- 6.01.1002 and the 'Revolutionary' method requires a HBOOT version- 1.01.0001. So my request to you guys is to show me how to downgrade my HBOOT version from a 6.01.1002 to 1.01.0001 or help me find an alternative method of rooting my phone.

My details:
HTC WILDFIRE,
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_20aa
RADIO-3.35.20.10

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you

You do not need to downgrade at all pal. Just install clockworkmod recovery and then flash a custom rom, or flash a root zip file. Easy
get the pc49img.zip version ( check the wildfire index in the dev section) of clockworkmod recovery and install via bootloader.

Tapped out from my sexy nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heavy_metal_man Ad-Free
2nd February 2013, 03:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

You do not need to downgrade at all pal. Just install clockworkmod recovery and then flash a custom rom, or flash a root zip file. Easy
get the pc49img.zip version ( check the wildfire index in the dev section) of clockworkmod recovery and install via bootloader.

Thank you very much, I really appreciated it
2nd February 2013, 09:26 PM |#4  

More
Re: [Q] How to downgrade HBOOT- 6.01.1002 to HBOOT-1.01.0001?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2994

Thank you very much, I really appreciated it

No problem man

tapped out from my sexy sensation XE
7th November 2013, 08:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

No problem man

tapped out from my sexy sensation XE

Hey, I am stuck like he WAS. I had Rempuzzle and it was really fast and smooth but I thought the stock Android would be faster and it was not! I need to root it again and I have the exact same things he had like the HBOOT! I need a .ZIP file though. Could you send me the correct one? Thanks!
8th November 2013, 04:33 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikram232

Hey, I am stuck like he WAS. I had Rempuzzle and it was really fast and smooth but I thought the stock Android would be faster and it was not! I need to root it again and I have the exact same things he had like the HBOOT! I need a .ZIP file though. Could you send me the correct one? Thanks!

A .zip file to do what exactly? Flash cwm recovery or to flash within clockworkmod for root?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2015, 12:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

A .zip file to do what exactly? Flash cwm recovery or to flash within clockworkmod for root?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

is there any way to downgrade to stock hboot..?
21st April 2015, 01:03 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-mobile_mda

is there any way to downgrade to stock hboot..?

Yeah follow the downgrade thread i made.
14th November 2018, 09:37 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Hallo,
I have been searchin high and low and tryig every tutorial and I am always at the same point. I am in the same situation, with hboo-6 s-off and revolutionary but it is not like you say. I had a try installing clockworkmod but when claim for recovery my phone shows black screen with a phone and red mark in a triangle and there is no way to get to recovery.
PLease give me a hand get out of this mess!!
15th November 2018, 02:26 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slycarter

Hallo,
I have been searchin high and low and tryig every tutorial and I am always at the same point. I am in the same situation, with hboo-6 s-off and revolutionary but it is not like you say. I had a try installing clockworkmod but when claim for recovery my phone shows black screen with a phone and red mark in a triangle and there is no way to get to recovery.
PLease give me a hand get out of this mess!!

Hi, so that is the stock recovery and not clockworkmod. When you have the clockworkmod recovery zip named pc49img.zip placed onto the root of your sd card you should boot up into hboot. Once in hboot the bootloader will scan the sd card. If it finds the update press up volume (if I remember correctly) to flash the recovery. If it does not find it make sure the file has not been named pc49img.zip.zip by viewing file extensions on windows (google it if you are unsure), or try a different sd card.

Once the update has been flashed remove the sd card and reboot to hboot. Then select recovery and you will have clockworkmod.

Edit: having had look about I cannot find a link to the file you need so I will check my backup hdd in the morning and see if I have a copy around somewhere.
15th November 2018, 06:08 AM |#11  

More
First of thanks foe your reply. I have done the above steps but when I go to recovery mode it is always stuck on black screen with red mark in triangle. Is there any way to access recovery from there?

Moreover, (I was to forget) when I run the procedure you mentioned, that is installing the PC49IMG.zip, when bootloader starts updating it shows the status of completed steps with OK for everyone but bootloader where it is written bypassed. Could this be why recovery mode does not work?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)