CM based ROM for HTC Evo 4G (Jewel)
Love the minimal feel of CM? Love the themeing capability of MIUI?
The Avatar team brings you, both combined in one ROM. Now enjoy beautiful MIUI themes on Cyanogen base.
- Android JB - 4.2.2
If it's the first time flashing avatarrom or coming from another ROM
Same as cyanogen - Link
Update your google search app from play store before using it.
- The platform for avatarrom as of now is CM10.1. The following components are changed on top CM10.1.
- Status Bar
- Fixed memory leaks
- Theme Chooser
- Google playstore like theme chooser - head here and download cool MIUI converted themes and CM themes.
- Bazooka Launcher (market link)
- Own launcher which is an enhanced version of Trebuchet (you can download this at the end of this post)
- Enhanced theming by adding dockbar
- Preview mode to edit workspaces
- Many new Customization options.
- Different gestures like swipe-up, swipe-down, double-tap, home-button press are added.
- Added "edit workspace" option in menu button.
- Messaging App
- Changed message thread to make them themeable
- Themeable Emoticons
- Boot Animation
- Themeable boot animation - the only CM ROM to do so.
- Font Theming
- Only ROM to support change of font without a reboot.
- Tons of themes which change font - Eg: Buff, Simpsons, Mi_Xmas, European Gorgeous etc
- Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server
- OTA updater - you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
- Changed to support Avatar ROMs
- Support for Gapps - download latest Gapps package as an OTA update
- Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
- Changed to make them themeable
- Support for complex unlock gestures
- A smart tasker kind of app which can help you to automate your device.
- You can use exisiting rules or create your own customized rules for your needs.
- More info - Link
- Layout Theming
- Themes not only change images, colors but it also can change the size, shape and position of any UI element.
- More info - Link
- Theme Editor
Oct 19th 2013 - 3.1.6 nightly changelog
- Fix for Market Launcher UPDATE issue in our Avatar Rom
- Fix for double tapped on Home button where animation was stopped in between
- Minor fix for seekbar paddin
- Tone stop issue fix
- null check for appcount display in store tab View
- Feature: play tone on clicking tone select item in ThemeMixManager (Missed file added back)
- Default Image changed
- Boot animation and font renderer added in theme Mix
- Feature: play tone on clicking tone select item in ThemeMixManager
- ThemeMixmanager enabled
24/08/2013 - 3.1 Nightly changelog
- Fixed a bug with folders not working correctly
- Bug fix: download themes when wifi is on
- Fixed a bug Theme Engine Versioning
- Fixed a bug with System Theme
- Updated to the latest CM changes i.e midnight, 22st August.
19/08/2013 - 3.1 Nightly changelog
- Fixed a bug with an extra gallery icon appearing at times
- Updated to the latest CM changes i.e midnight, 16th August.
08/10/2013 - 3.1 Nightly changelog
- Black shadow in Landscape
- Drawer default transition -Cube In and out
- Removed icon showing for themes in installed tab and showing default gray image
- Updated to the latest CM changes i.e midnight, 8th August.
07/28/2012 - Nightly release 3.0.2 changelog
- CyanogenMod merges till July 25th 2013
- Lockscreen crash fixes due to incorrect lockscreen manifest.
- Fix contact crashes
- T9SearchCache : Fix NPE when number is null after stripping separators.
- T9SearchCache : Fix NPE in T9Adapter.getView when mPrevInput is null.
- Apollo crash fixes
- ImageCache: Fix NPE when there is no external storage available.
- ShortcutActivity : Fix NPE when there are no extras in intent.
- Toggle GCM push notifications in settings.
Note: Please don't use iPhone theme as it is causes crashes in latest ROM. We are looking in to the issue, by monday it will be fine.
07/21/2013 - AvatarROM 3.0.1 Nightly release
- Update to latest cyanogenmod (till July 17) which has
- Support for exfat, ntfs partitions
- Some preliminary support for selinux
- Themechooser is using action bar
- Fixed major issues and Critical crashes reported in error reporter have been fixed.
- Some performance optimizations have been made when scrolling the workspace.
Stable release 3.0 - 07/02/2013
As CM10.1 has hit the general release, Avatar Team is branching with stable and nightly releases.
Stable releases are marked as 3.0. This is the first stable release from Avatar Team. Stable releases will be weekly or bi-weekly and will be tested extensively by our testing team.
Nightly releases will kickstart in a few days. We will merge CM changes every day and it will also contain experimental features from Avatar.
We highly recommend to wipe cache/data/dalvik before flashing the stable releases.
Based on CM10.1.0 (General Release)
- 06/23/2013 - AvatarROM 2.16b release
- Bug fixes from error reporter.
- Added percentage indicator for transparency option.
- Fixed transparency related issues.
- Broken rule UI changes.
- Changes in all rules screen buttons.
- Fixed minor issues with editing rules.
- Implemented search functionality.
- Partial fix for community themes.
- Bug fixes - New themes are sometimes not available until clearing cache.
- Bug fixes - Memory leaks.
Crashes Fixed in 2.16b
i. Lots of contact app crash fixes.
1. Invalid Call Type
2. Handle null cursor in AsyncQueryHandler
3. Fix NPE when onCallStateChanged callback is called and the fragment is not active
4. NPE in T9SearchCache.getView --
5. Validate current tab when loading from property. Causing IndexOutOfBoundException
6. DialpadFragment: afterTextChange callback is called when there is no activity, leading to NPE. Check if activity is alive.
7. ContactSelectionActivity : IllegalStateException was thrown for DEFAULT_ACTION. Handle it.
8. CallLogNotificationsService : Handle null intent in onHandleIntent.
9. ContactDetailFragment : NPE during QuickFix
1. LockscreenTargets : Fix NPE in getLayeredDrawable
2. Apply cobalt theme. Settings -> Lockscreen -> Slider Shortcuts -> Select any short -> Change Icon -> System Icon -> Select Any -- crash ..
3. Settings -> Lockscreen -> Security -> Screen Lock -> Pattern -> any 3x3 suppose -> Draw something -> Press power button to lock --> crash
iii. Download Manager
1. OpenHelper : Fix NPE when mimeType is null
2. Fix NPE in removeSpuriousFiles, when there is no cache dir
iv. Input keyboard
RichInputConnection : Fix NPE in setComposingRegion
06/16/2013 - AvatarROM 2.15b release
- CyanogenMod RC5 merges.
- Fixes in Theme chooser.
- Grid size issue fixed across all devices and resolutions.
- Transparency setting changed(1 to 10 transparency, also moved from general to Drawer).
- Fixed the issue with the transparent fade animation while going from Apps to Widgets.
- Fixed some crashes.
***If you need the functionality of flashing Avatar ROM and Gapps in ROMS <= 2.13b, you can push the CMUpdater.apk to /system/app. ***
- New UI for editing rules.
- Shows a dialog if rule is broken. If the rule is fine, user can directly enable/disable the rule by tapping on it.
- Weebo icon changed.
05/11/2013 - Avatar team is proud to present the 2.10b version based on the latest CM 10.1 RC base (Stable build).
- Merged with CM 10.1 RC1 tag (May 8th, 2013)
- Added more space between wifi and signal icons in status bar
- Added gapps version in Error Reporter
- Message Bubbles - Reset the bubbles similar to stock version bubble when not themed.
- Theme Chooser - Themes now display the size of the apk.
- Theme Chooser - Fixed memory leaks
- Theme Chooser - Fixed download problems with some themes - cobalt blue, cobalt inferno etc
- Bazooka --> Fixed Widget scolling issue when Widgets are placed on Home screen.
- Bazooka --> Fixed the dockbar pages issue. You can select number of pages in Settings screen of Bazooka launcher.
- Bazooka --> Other minor bug fixes.
- Weebo --> Fixing the issue where files cannot be read from /mnt/sdcard/weebo folder.
- Weebo --> Contact picker to make it simpler to select the contacts you want to call/send message to.
- Weebo --> New categories in "All rules" callled Enabled and Disabled. This shows currently enabled/disabled rules.
- Weebo --> Location exit condition bug fixed. You can now trigger actions when you leave a particular location.
Existing Avatar ROM Users - Hit the refresh button from "settings -> About Phone -> Avatar ROM Updates" for download via OTA
AvatarROM is now available for download via ROM Toolbox lite and pro versions. Thanks jrummy.
05/04/2013 - AvatarROM 2.9b release.
- CyanogenMod merges till May 2nd 2013.
- SystemUI fixes during expanded desktop (the background was not covering till the end. Also portrait - landscape transition, the notifications wouldn't expand fully)
- ThemeChooser : Fixes for text invisible in installed themes tab for dark themes
- ThemeChooser will not handle market links anymore and Memory leak fix.
- Old themechooser is removed completely.
- Launcher : Fix crash without wipe & make dockbar transperant.
- In OTA updater show that the gapps and rom is installed if they are installed. ( Previously it used to show new or downloaded).
- Change Cyanogen Mod Updates to Avatar Updates
- We have a global error reporter collecting the crashes reported by the user using ACRA. Error Reporter link
04/27/2013 - AvatarROM 2.8b Release
- Merged CM changes till 24th April ( includes Camera driver fixes for lot of devices )
- Bazooka Launcher
- Fixed some critical issues reported in previous build.
- Added Gestures in workspace. A settings page also added to configure gesture actions. Different gestures like swipe-up, swipe-down, double-tap, home-button press are added. Different actions for each of the gesture can be set in preference.
- Added ""edit workspace"" option in menu button.
- Removed ""pinch to preview mode"". This option is currently disabled for some issues as we can go to preview mode through many other ways. It will be added later.
- Many new Customization options."
- Fixed a bug
- Fixed Settings crash on Input Method
- Fixed Version Number problem in Error Reporter
- Theme Chooser
- Removed Old theme chooser
- enabled Total download count of themes
- Sorting themes based on download count
- Sorting themes based on date
- Settings App now launches the new Theme chooser
04/19/2013 - AvatarROM 2.7b Release
- Merged with CM 10.1 M3 build( 14th April )
- Changed Error Reporter to send requests to server instead of a google document
- New Theme Chooser fixes
- Weebo fixes
- Support for layout theming
Update Google search and Google voice from playstore after installing the Gapps.
04/06/2013 - AvatarROM 2.6b Release
- Full support for OTA
- Merged with latest CM 10.1 base (Upto Apr 3rd, 2013 - Includes Paranoid style pie control, new Super user app etc)
- Changes in the framework to redirect trebuchet and android launcher resources from CM themes to Bazooka launcher
- Fixed launcher menu settings in app space
- New ThemeChooser - Bug fixes, Performace improvements and new features like download count, caching etc
- Performance improvements in theming engine
- Weebo fixes
- Disabled driving rule in weebo as it was causing lot of confusions
03/31/2013 - AvatarROM 2.5b Release
- Latest CM 10.1 code merges for 2.5b release(upto Mar 28th 2013)
- Included new theme chooser based on Aptoide(Alpha release)
- Lockscreen - Enable/Disable vibration when unlocking from settings -> Lockscreen -> Screen Security -> Vibrate
- Launcher - Option to edit workspace in menu
- Weebo - Bug fixes and now you can create your own rules (see - http://avatarrom.com/weebo-rules/)
- OTA - Full support from client side. Next update will be via OTA.
- General bug fixes
03/15/2013 - AvatarROM 2.3b Release
- Latest CM 10.1 code merges ( upto Mar 13th 2013)
- Fix Settings -> About phone -> Status crash
- Usual bug fixes
03/09/2013 - AvatarROM 2.2b Release
- Latest CM 10.1 code merges (upto Mar 7th 2013)
- Bug fixes from 2.1b Avatar Release
- Integrated Weebo( pre alpha version )
- Changes to make toggles screen more themeable
- Chages in Error Reporter to point to new document
03/02/2013 - AvatarROM 2.1b Release
- Latest CM 10.1 code merges (upto Feb 27th 2013)
- Bug fixes from 2.0b Avatar Release
- Small tweaks for battery.
Download Avatar ROM for HTC Evo 4G (Jewel) :
Nightly release 5.0 - Android version 4.4
Nightly 5.0.2 - Jan 13 2014
Android 4.3 - Avatar nightly version 4.0.x
Nightly 4.0.11 Dec 31, 2013
Nightly Release 3.x.y - Android version 4.2.2 based on CM10.1
Nightly 3.1.8 Oct 30, 2013
Stable Release 3.x - Android version 4.2.2 based on CM10.1
Beta Release - Android version 4.2.2 based on CM10.1
Stable Release - Android version 4.1.2 based on CM10
Sample Video - checkout our MIUI style lockscreens, statusbar, messaging, etc and the smooth transition of themes:
Review by Phone tech kid
- Cyanogen Team
- Trebuchet launcher
- MiUi Theme creators
If there are any errors let us know in the comments or file the bug at http://issues.avatarrom.com
You can find more information at http://www.avatarrom.com
Feature request page - https://avatarrom.uservoice.com/foru...eature-request
Now you can follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter here.